• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls and Wade are heating up. Butler and Rondo went to go meet Wade.

Yes 3 guys that cant shoot the 3 well. Thats what we need. LOL I hate this idea so much. Why cant we just rebuild like a normal team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls and Wade are heating up. Butler and Rondo went to go meet Wade.

Yes 3 guys that cant shoot the 3 well. Thats what we need. LOL I hate this idea so much. Why cant we just rebuild like a normal team.

Butler can shoot

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man NBA is the laughing stock of sports right now. Everyone is seeing how screwed up the system is in the NBA. Sucks to see it go down hill like this. Big Basketball fan but the last 3-5 years its become a joke. They need a lock out to fix a lot of the issues.

Like I said I wont watch much this year because its pointless but I will watch some of the playoffs and watch most of the Conference finals and Finals.

Man I miss the good days where you had stars battle it out and multiple teams had a shot. Now its Cleveland(whatever team LBJ is on) in the East and Spurs or GS in the West. No other team has a shot. I dont care what anyone says. East got better that is for sure but all that does is instead of Cavs winning in 4 or 5 games it will get pushed to 5 or 6 games now. LBJ has never had a Rival. Thats what sucks about his legacy and he has a losing finals record. Weird. I know the Rival thing isnt his fault but losing that many Finals is. People was hoping it was going to be the Bulls or Indy but it just never happen. Bulls got hurt and Indy just declined.
It really sucks, and even though the Spurs are contenders it's probably like a 25% chance to make the finals and 75% for GSW. ESPN people keep talking about the Clippers as contenders, yeah not believing that. I'll watch the Kings because I'm a fan and enjoy the torture they bring me, but the rest of the games are not that interesting imo. I'll see one here and there but there's no drama until the WCF and NBA finals. I know people say this has happened before where only a few teams are actual contenders, but that doesn't make it better. Is 2 or 3 super teams better than actually having 4 or 5 teams that can win each conference?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really sucks, and even though the Spurs are contenders it's probably like a 25% chance to make the finals and 75% for GSW. ESPN people keep talking about the Clippers as contenders, yeah not believing that. I'll watch the Kings because I'm a fan and enjoy the torture they bring me, but the rest of the games are not that interesting imo. I'll see one here and there but there's no drama until the WCF and NBA finals. I know people say this has happened before where only a few teams are actual contenders, but that doesn't make it better. Is 2 or 3 super teams better than actually having 4 or 5 teams that can win each conference?
I think it's funny that they actually thought that this cap increase would make for more competitive teams and a better distribution of talent. That's not how the NBA works. All that happened was the good teams got better, and the bad team got worse.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I will watch my Bulls but wont be into the other games. U know catch the big GS vs Spurs game or GS vs Cavs but that is about it. Its really pointless to watch anything else unless you are a fan of that team. I would watch your Sac team. I need them to win some games this year so we can get their 1st rd pick. LOL

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Wade wants to get paid, and he's taken some pay cuts to help the team contend which worked out by winning 2 more titles. But getting 2/40 is still a lot of fucking money, just because he's not getting 5mil more a year he wants to leave town? The Heat actually want to be playoff contenders these next few years and losing more bench depth to give into that hurts their chances. Kobe got his legacy deal on a horrible Lakers team, different situations.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy idea: LeBron takes a 1 year minimum deal with the Cavs.

Hear me out.

This doesn't buy the CAVS any room this season. Still over the cap.

BUT.... it makes LeBron's cap hold NEXT off-season only $1m (instead of the $30m cap hold he currently has).

AND they'll have his full 3-year bird rights at that point.

SO... next off-season they would have room to sign another max FA.... and then still sign LeBron to his $200m+ super-max 5 year contract using his bird rights to go over the cap.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny that they actually thought that this cap increase would make for more competitive teams and a better distribution of talent. That's not how the NBA works. All that happened was the good teams got better, and the bad team got worse.
Increasing the cap gives more reason for a guy like KD to take less on a super team over staying. There will only be more super teams or the super teams add on. And I know the Kings won't become one, yay...

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it interesting that Mickey Arison is meeting with wade 1 on 1. No Riley...

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I will watch my Bulls but wont be into the other games. U know catch the big GS vs Spurs game or GS vs Cavs but that is about it. Its really pointless to watch anything else unless you are a fan of that team. I would watch your Sac team. I need them to win some games this year so we can get their 1st rd pick. LOL
It's hard to tell if they're worse or better yet because more moves are coming. The defense should improve, but the offense will take a drop. I could see them winning enough to lose the pick but not enough for a playoff spot :gaah:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy idea: LeBron takes a 1 year minimum deal with the Cavs.

Hear me out.

This doesn't buy the CAVS any room this season. Still over the cap.

BUT.... it makes LeBron's cap hold NEXT off-season only $1m (instead of the $30m cap hold he currently has).

AND they'll have his full 3-year bird rights at that point.

SO... next off-season they would have room to sign another max FA.... and then still sign LeBron to his $200m+ super-max 5 year contract using his bird rights to go over the cap.
wow...not only that but the cap increase next year would make even more room available. if they moved frye or shump NEXT offseason, combined with that- they would have tons and tons of room...very intriguing idea...of course it wont happen- but really good thought.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to come with a Pay structure. hard cap. Each team gets 1 max. The 2nd highest is 10% lower then the max and 3rd highest can be 15% less then the max. With in the cap. This will give every team a fair fight and u wont have these super teams. U can co over the cap with your own players. No sign and trades as max. Player needs to be on your team for 1 full year to be able to go over cap with that player. These simple rules will help the NBA out.

Im not saying this is a perfect system here. This is just an idea. They need to come out with something to stop whats happening. Look if superstar want to play together they all need to take super pay cuts. How the system works now they all make a lot and still play. Next year GS will add Curry's big contract and they will be 40-50 mill over the Cap. Their starting Lineup will be at 85-95 mill. That is Insane.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Ray Allen/Warriors rumors...I mean my God, how much shooting does 1 team need? All they have to do is ask Ray to play 12-15 minutes, hide him on defense(even though he'll be playing against the other teams bench), and then have him just stand at the 3 point line to space the floor on offense.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man NBA is the laughing stock of sports right now. Everyone is seeing how screwed up the system is in the NBA. Sucks to see it go down hill like this. Big Basketball fan but the last 3-5 years its become a joke. They need a lock out to fix a lot of the issues.

Like I said I wont watch much this year because its pointless but I will watch some of the playoffs and watch most of the Conference finals and Finals.

Man I miss the good days where you had stars battle it out and multiple teams had a shot. Now its Cleveland(whatever team LBJ is on) in the East and Spurs or GS in the West. No other team has a shot. I dont care what anyone says. East got better that is for sure but all that does is instead of Cavs winning in 4 or 5 games it will get pushed to 5 or 6 games now. LBJ has never had a Rival. Thats what sucks about his legacy and he has a losing finals record. Weird. I know the Rival thing isnt his fault but losing that many Finals is. People was hoping it was going to be the Bulls or Indy but it just never happen. Bulls got hurt and Indy just declined.

So you want to arbitrarily restrict where players can go even more?

the system is a joke enough by allowing one team to pay more than others.

why should the team get them? Because some ping pong balls bounced your way you deserve to own a guy for life? Come on. They've already destroyed the sign and trade market.

Fixing tanking is a FAR bigger issue than this.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the Heat fans are saying, with WHAT money...?

Wade's answer is probably... with whatever money you were ready to free up for Durant.

Another thing going under the radar...

The Heat actually renounced Wade's rights in order to sign Whiteside... without seeking Wade's blessing. They literally just tossed him and his bird rights aside hours into the season... taking for granted that he would be loyal and trusting of their plans.

Not hard to see why Wade is upset.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to come with a Pay structure. hard cap. Each team gets 1 max. The 2nd highest is 10% lower then the max and 3rd highest can be 15% less then the max. With in the cap. This will give every team a fair fight and u wont have these super teams. U can co over the cap with your own players. No sign and trades as max. Player needs to be on your team for 1 full year to be able to go over cap with that player. These simple rules will help the NBA out.

Im not saying this is a perfect system here. This is just an idea. They need to come out with something to stop whats happening. Look if superstar want to play together they all need to take super pay cuts. How the system works now they all make a lot and still play. Next year GS will add Curry's big contract and they will be 40-50 mill over the Cap. Their starting Lineup will be at 85-95 mill. That is Insane.

This is an awful system.

Artificially restricting both salaries and player movement for no good reason.

All you're doing is lining the owners pockets. Which is the ONLY thing a cap really does. Competitive balance from the cap is a proven myth. Thanks to both academic studies and MLB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Increasing the cap gives more reason for a guy like KD to take less on a super team over staying. There will only be more super teams or the super teams add on. And I know the Kings won't become one, yay...
U will get 3-4 super teams and all the other teams will just be minor league teams for the super teams. U hope your team gets lucky with 2 studs in the draft and then you become a super team where players want to go.

Super teams now: Cavs, GS, Spurs and Clippers(well on paper) I do think talent on Clippers are a little over rated but on paper they have 3-4 guys. The only teams that have a chance to win next year is Spurs, GS and Cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.