• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade CHOSE to opt out even though he knew James was leaving, and kept that info from Riley. That's on him.

Difference between Wade and Bosh was and still is that Bosh was in DEMAND.
He had another max offer. That is 100% leverage.

Wade, up until last year missed way too many game for someone to invest long term cash in.
Now, he's just too old.

And don't forget, he WANTED 3/45 a year ago.
If he took the 2/40, hes banking an extra 15M.

I understand the market might make him rethink his position/worth, but if so, then quit bluffing/whining and go to where you feel 'respected'.
Like they all say, its business.

Bottom line is the Heat is offering him something fair now, and there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't give him some type of 'fluff' contract at the end of his career.

Bottomline is Wade should have been a priority from the start (not the main one) and don't offer him $10 mil a year, that is a slap in the face. Delly got about that. By this market and what Wade did, he has earned to get a contract from $20-$25 mil. I mean Barnes got what $24 mil.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idiots who saying Miami should pay the man. THEY'RE OFFERING HIM THE MOST THAT THEY POSSIBLY CAN. What is so hard to understand. Miami doesn't have 50 mill to offer him. The most they can offer is 40. As turnup said if Wade didn't opt out 2 years ago he wouldn't be in this position. That is on him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami doesn't have any money left you stupid fuck. They're offering him all the money they have left. What is so difficult to comprehend?

Mcroberts did nothing. Drop that scrub, he does nothing for the team. Is McRoberts more important than Wade? lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played in 42 games, half a season. Averaged 3.6 ppg and shot 43%. That deserves a minimum contract at best, he is wasting 5.7 mil. Trash him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he still had his worst and most inefficient year ever shooting the ball. He did play very well in the playoffs when they needed him most though so.

He was very good/healthy most of the year, but as we know, that is no guarantee moving forward.

As a GM, Riley is in a tough position, because he has to know the best long term plan is to not budge and not worry if he leaves. We're not winning with or without him.

On the other hand, Wade is Wade. In general, and for good reason, the fan base loves him.
There will be alot of empty seats.

The answer to me, is meet in the middle.

Thing is , to me, you cannot go through this EVERY summer.
I think he learned that shit from James.
That was the reason I was fine with James leaving.
So, if its going to be Wades annual move then.....:wave::wave:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcroberts did nothing. Drop that scrub, he does nothing for the team. Is McRoberts more important than Wade? lol.

He is needed at the moment considering Bosh situation. Deng is no longer here to save us and play the stretch 4. Bosh & McRoberts are the only PF on the roster at the moment

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me the contract rules for someone over 36? There is a reason miami isnt offering that 3rd year right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade doesn't budge on his request, let him walk and sign Crabbe

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade has now rescheduled his meetings with Milwaukee and chicago after cancelling them.. Im tired of this game he is playing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Miami fans. When James left in 2014. Bosh got a max 5 year $118 million deal and to help Miami sign players Wade took a 2 year $31 million deal and he has sacrificed his whole career in Miami. If you don't want to pay the man what he is due then that is total disrespect to the guy that whole you 3 championships and sacrificed a lot of money to get some of those championships. Fuck Riley. Fuck the Heat fans that are complaining he wants to get paid.
riley has been riding either wade or lebrons jock for a long time now and he acts all high and mighty like hes on the court....give me a break...the ancillary moves this guy made to support the roster pretty much sucked ass and it hasnt gotten any better since lebron left.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idiots who saying Miami should pay the man. THEY'RE OFFERING HIM THE MOST THAT THEY POSSIBLY CAN. What is so hard to understand. Miami doesn't have 50 mill to offer him. The most they can offer is 40. As turnup said if Wade didn't opt out 2 years ago he wouldn't be in this position. That is on him

That's odd. So how did they make an offer to KD ? Or did they give an offer that wasn't competitive ?

If they really wanted to make a better offer to Wade -- they could do it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Riley would easily agree to that.
It makes total sense.

The sticking point is he wants 3 years, which has nothing to do with McBob.

Denver only offered 2, so he doesn't have any leverage at all, in that regard.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the LAKERS gave 34 year old Kobe Bryant a legacy deal.

All the HEAT fans were crushing the Buss family for crippling the future by paying an aging 2-guard for things already done.

It looks like 34 year old Wade is going to do the same thing with Miami.

Miami has to let him walk. Giving him 3 years at those insane salaries will set Miami back for years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's odd. So how did they make an offer to KD ? Or did they give an offer that wasn't competitive ?

To get KD, it was going to cost them Dragic/McBob, at least.
KD would have then taken the 1/1, which is what they want Wade to do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what miami reporters have been saying is that wade is pissed because if they were willing to make all these moves and move mcroberts or whatever to pay durant- why not me? at least thats what i have read.

the Cavs couldve told lebron- yo- we dont have quite enough money to give you a max- lol we then trade a late 1st and tyler zeller just to clear cap room.

we really dont have to give up assets to move salary do we? you can just take a paycut right?? you dont care if Hassan Whiteside makes more money then you do, do you? could you even imagine how short that conversation would have been? wade gets it - you prioritized HASSAN WHITESIDE, giving him a full max and over 20 M a year, and arent willing to give that to Dwyane Wade. I get it....I get the motivation....its just a bad bad look.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never heard anything about them actually making an offer to Durant. It was never reported by anyone. The only way they could have signed Durant was if they traded Dragic and McRoberts

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Miami came out right away and said here's $40 mil for 2 years you earned it.... Wade would've been signed days ago.

Just pure speculation.... but I think its the gradual ramp up of taking Wade's loyalty for granted while they dealt with Whiteside and Durant... then starting off with low-ball offers that has Wade upset.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard anything about them actually making an offer to Durant. It was never reported by anyone. The only way they could have signed Durant was if they traded Dragic and McRoberts

I agree. If they wanted to offer Wade more $$$ -- they could find a way to do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

months ago i said they didnt have near enough cap room to sign whiteside, wade and durant........everyone siad--- OH WE WIL MAKE IT WORK DONT WORRY.....well, you didnt get durant and you pissed off wade- and you have hassan whiteside guaranteed 100M dollars- true "fuck you" money.....that and you have traded away as many picks as the league allows you to for the foreseeaeble future.

ill guarantee you riley has some "health issues" and is retired within 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.