• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,221.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley offered every nickel of cap space we have.
Nothing more to give him this year.
He was offered a player option after 1.
Only player we've signed is Whiteside.
We do need to field a roster.

2 years and 40 mill? He's earned it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is a headscratcher? Zaza isnt bad, but West seems to be the wrong pickup.

David West adds a warm body to the depleted depth no doubt.

But, he makes their glaring defensive weakness ever weaker.
He cannot defend the paint or rebound much anymore....and he sucked at it when he was younger.

He is good for keeping it honest offense and leadership....but his defense was really bad at times for SA.
I am still not sure why the Ws keep grabbing offensive players when they need paint defenders.

:lol: so in other words, you're sorry to see him go.

okay got it.

:thumb:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is a headscratcher? Zaza isnt bad, but West seems to be the wrong pickup.

David West adds a warm body to the depleted depth no doubt.

But, he makes their glaring defensive weakness ever weaker.
He cannot defend the paint or rebound much anymore....and he sucked at it when he was younger.

He is good for keeping it honest offense and leadership....but his defense was really bad at times for SA.
I am still not sure why the Ws keep grabbing offensive players when they need paint defenders.

If hes so bad on defense then why is he in the top 10 in defensive RPM? Lul

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ any of that other than The Decision being reasons why, it was mainly the decision.

The Decision would have long since blown over and be all but forgotten were it not for that other stuff and the crap he does and says that continues to this day. You Cavs fans and Lebroniacs can pretend that all of "hate" Lebron gets is only because of The Decision all you want. The rest of the world looks at the whole picture and see's plenty of reasons to not like the guy besides The Decision.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all changes now.

There was not a move that Durant could make that would endear him less to fans of the NBA.

Loyalty and OKC: What changed Durant's mind?

that story paints a pretty sack-less picture of Durant lemme tell ya....

Only backlash I see is coming from OKC fans, a clown aka Stephen A Smith, and some Cavs fans.

I'll continue to stand by my opinion, and the fact that FA's can go wherever they want for whatever reason they choose.

I've read some of the articles saying why he was frustrated with some things there, and often Westbrook.
I believe the part where Nike wanted change. Same thing happened with James in Miami.
He gave that franchise 9 seasons before leaving after a frustrating loss.
If I recall, James left the Cavs after 7 seasons after a frustrating loss.
It's his career, as it was James and everyone else.
I'm sure they all weigh the pros vs the cons then make a tough decision that they and they're families are willing to live with.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been and will always be firmly in the "let the grown make whatever decision he wants to make for him and his family" camp.

I won't criticize Durant for it and I will never attempt to make any connections between his free agency decisions and his character.

But the fact is... this move has divided and will continue to divide the vast majority of NBA and sports fans into 2 camps. "Warriors" and "Not-The-Warriors". Not too dissimilar to what we saw in 2010-11.

Warriors fans shouldn't care at all about that, of course.... they got freaking Kevin Durant. And the mass hate can actually make things more fun.

But any of you that aren't seeing backlash are either going out of your way not to see it or must be operating in very small circles when it comes to sports.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been and will always be firmly in the "let the grown make whatever decision he wants to make for him and his family" camp.

I won't criticize Durant for it and I will never attempt to make any connections between his free agency decisions and his character.

But the fact is... this move has divided and will continue to divide the vast majority of NBA and sports fans into 2 camps. "Warriors" and "Not-The-Warriors". Not too dissimilar to what we saw in 2010-11.

Warriors fans shouldn't care at all about that, of course.... they got freaking Kevin Durant. And the mass hate can actually make things more fun.

But any of you that aren't seeing backlash are either going out of your way not to see it or must be operating in very small circles when it comes to sports.

It is actually 3 camps.

Warriors
Cavs
Not the Warriors or Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm seeing the same opinions over and over again, either positive, negative or neutral.
That just comes with the territory and passion of fans.

I guess my mind just separates it as sports, freedom of choice vs something of major importance.

If the owners are fed up with it, we'll find out a year from now.

The ball is always in their court.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Wade going to drag this on? The Heat are missing out on signing some people all while we wait for him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. If I was a Heat fan, I'm not even sure if I'd want him back.

Most of us are leaning that way. Personally, I say give him the 2-years $40 mil. Work out another deal once that contract is up when he's 37 (maybe 1-year $15 mil). He knows the Heat will keep him and offer him a fair deal down the line.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH.

It's a 401k contract......paying the man for his many years of service. Kind of like Kobe's 2 year deal worth 50 mill and kind of like when the Cavs throw Fort Knox at LeBron when he's eligible for his HUGE payday.....despite him not being in his prime anymore.

Despite it, the Heat will still be competitive and a playoff team in the East.

Maybe Miami learned from the Lakers lesson given that Kobe somewhat delayed the rebuild given his monster contract. The most Miami can give him right now is $20 mil per year without having to start trading players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs don't need Jesus Shuttlesworth....but they should re-sign the Brazilian Blur.

I disagree. I am sure Allen can still provide 10-15 very solid minutes backing up Klay with no drop off in terms of floor spacing value. Since both players would have to sign for the minimum, why not get both Allen and Barbosa? They have totally different skill sets and would each be used situationally depending on what the matchup called for. Neither would play more than a handful of minutes.

Allen was still playing at a high level when he retired. His style of play ages well, so I am sure he can offer a few minutes here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.