• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard anything about them actually making an offer to Durant. It was never reported by anyone. The only way they could have signed Durant was if they traded Dragic and McRoberts

Well, they pitched something to Durant in that meeting.

You know Durant's team is going to ask what the plan is to get him on board.... from both a personnel and a money standpoint.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Miami came out right away and said here's $40 mil for 2 years you earned it.... Wade would've been signed days ago.

Just pure speculation.... but I think its the gradual ramp up of taking Wade's loyalty for granted while they dealt with Whiteside and Durant... then starting off with low-ball offers that has Wade upset.
i MOSTLY agree....i think he thinks its insulting hes geting paid *less than whiteside when i think he at some level believes whiteside owes him his career, lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline is Wade should have been a priority from the start (not the main one) and don't offer him $10 mil a year, that is a slap in the face. Delly got about that. By this market and what Wade did, he has earned to get a contract from $20-$25 mil. I mean Barnes got what $24 mil.

They NEVER offered him 10/1 or 20/2.
Don't believe reports.
Let me hear the words come out his mouth.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy for me to understand why the Heat are doing what they're doing AND understand why Wade is pissed.

Owners NEVER treat players with loyalty unless it happens to jive with what makes business sense.

I'll never understand why people get outraged at players lack of loyalty but have zero problem with owners having no loyalty.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i MOSTLY agree....i think he thinks its insulting hes geting paid *less than whiteside when i think he at some level believes whiteside owes him his career, lol.

Whiteside was basically a rookie.
His entire career is hopefully ahead of him.
He had teams lined up to give him a full max.
THAT is leverage.

Wade... 1 offer...2 years from shitty Nuggets.

Its nobody's fault that the cap took this jump when it did.
Any player who signed last year could be pissed.

#dealwithit

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Mike Miller will be there for Denver's pitch to Wade

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
months ago i said they didnt have near enough cap room to sign whiteside, wade and durant........everyone siad--- OH WE WIL MAKE IT WORK DONT WORRY.....well, you didnt get durant and you pissed off wade- and you have hassan whiteside guaranteed 100M dollars- true "fuck you" money.....that and you have traded away as many picks as the league allows you to for the foreseeaeble future.

ill guarantee you riley has some "health issues" and is retired within 18 months.

And you are dead wrong.
If Durant would have picked Miami, all 3 (whiteside, Wade, Durant) would have been here.
The difference is losing Dragic which you do to get Durant, not to make Wade happy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
months ago i said they didnt have near enough cap room to sign whiteside, wade and durant........everyone siad--- OH WE WIL MAKE IT WORK DONT WORRY.....well, you didnt get durant and you pissed off wade- and you have hassan whiteside guaranteed 100M dollars- true "fuck you" money.....that and you have traded away as many picks as the league allows you to for the foreseeaeble future.

Comes with the territory of winning and James.
How's the Cavs draft picks looking?
How's their cap space looking (despite a 20M hike this summer)?

Pretty similar to #heat2014?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand Heat fans not wanting to over pay for Wade...

but last year at this time all we heard from was "Wade knows that Riley will take care of him next year. He will sacrifice. The Heat are a family. We take care of our own".

Maybe there's some disconnect between what each side thought was an unspoken promise... and maybe its Wade that got things twisted... who knows.... but its not hard to see how Wade could be pretty pissed at Riley.

This. Pay the man.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is needed at the moment considering Bosh situation. Deng is no longer here to save us and play the stretch 4. Bosh & McRoberts are the only PF on the roster at the moment

Agree, but in general, he sucks.
If just losing him shuts Wade the fuck up for a year, then you do it.
If he wants 3 years, then just give him a firm NO and 48 hours to decide.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Miami learned from the Lakers lesson given that Kobe somewhat delayed the rebuild given his monster contract. The most Miami can give him right now is $20 mil per year without having to start trading players.

The difference is the Heat can still pay him (as they should) and be competitive. They play in the EC and have Whiteside, Dragic, and Wade (not to mention the role players they have). Pretty solid trio. And if if Bosh is able to play....even better.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always knew that playing with Westbrook was frustrating from Durant's end. He was the better player, but often times Westbrook essentially stalled the offense so he could go ISO. Sometimes it worked out as he was on fire, other times he was taking erratic shots that was taking opportunities away from Durant. One thin he'll enjoy playing with Curry is that at least Curry's more aware.

With Durant going to the Dubs, we probably won't see much of those 30-foot shots as much. Durant chose to want to win. Maybe OKC shouldn't have nickel and dimed that roster so they could stay under the salary cap until this past season. If they still had Harden, Durant may have a ring on his finger right now.

This. I was telling people on FN that RW and KD would never win a title and that one of them would end up leaving. Wiggy laughed.....because he is a Cavs fan and a Thunder fanboy.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,847.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 41 year old who has been out of the league for 2 years?

I wouldn't mind having him if his role to only be on the court for the last 3-4 minutes of the half if needed.

Not at all sure why he feels the need to come back (if he does).

#letitgo

I agree, he's 41 and has been out of the league for several seasons.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only place I see is Bucks, Bulls or Heat.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have 3 more roster spots open. Go get allen, chalmers (if healthy), a center larry sanders, or jordan hill

Status
Not open for further replies.