• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? Lol They got a championship and they got very good deals for their main core. They can always trade role players for players and they have trade exceptions. They just need a couple more MLE guys or good, solid role players and they will have pretty good depth. The Warriors still would need to sign Curry and KD long term and they have Iggy and Livingston on the bench and that's it. They will be great but they are no lock. The Spurs got Pau and if the Clip are healthy they are legit. Also Memphis got Parsons, if he stays healthy they are contenders. The top of the West is still tough but the top of the East is too. A couple of elite teams but really no parity. Probably will see a lot of blowouts again early in the playoffs IMO.

Pressure +1
Why would the Lakers trade for him when he'll be a free agent after the season?

I agree that they shouldn't give up a couple of young assets for Westbook as a 1 year rental.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it is different now that GS has KD, but nobody thought OKC had a chance last year. Shit happens but I do agree a slim chance but I would give it much higher than 5-10% chance.
Highest I'll go is 20%, just for the Spurs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we could manage to keep JR and Shump and add Wade, and retain Jefferson id roll with it against anyone.

Jefferson will be there for sure IMO. I am pretty sure they can still sign JR. Shump will be gone and the trade exception from Frye will be gone if they pay him close to $20 mil, if he took a paycut or something then idk.

I think this is all just leverage for Wade and Miami, so he can get paid even more possibly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors having a pretty good off-season, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all 3 of the Spurs, Clippers, and Warriors present a formidable obstacle for the Warriors. Especially the Griz with their post offense.

Of course the Warriors will be the heavy favorites in the West... but I give each of those 3 teams a punchers chance.
Griz have massive issues with the Warriors. They simply can't have a player like Tony Allen or Wroten doing nothing on offense which leaves...85yr old Vince Carter.

Clippers in the playoffs...eh, there is always something with that team.

Spurs? Maybe?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade wants to leave Miami then fine, whatever. But if he leaves Miami and signs with the Cavs. Id imagine Riley wont take that lightly. As it is Riley has a big ego, and when Lebron left to go back to the Cavs, Riley took it personal. With time Riley would have gotten over it and we might have seen James jersey retired there one day, but then Lebron made those comments when he won and through Riley under the bud. We will never see Lebrons jersey hanging in the rafters as long as Riley is around. If Wade scorns him by signing with the Cavs, it will be a HUGE tarnish on Wade and all that he has done for Miami.

Liek i said he can sign elsewhere and I think most fans would understand, but not to the Cavs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade wants to leave Miami then fine, whatever. But if he leaves Miami and signs with the Cavs. Id imagine Riley wont take that lightly. As it is Riley has a big ego, and when Lebron left to go back to the Cavs, Riley took it personal. With time Riley would have gotten over it and we might have seen James jersey retired there one day, but then Lebron made those comments when he won and through Riley under the bud. We will never see Lebrons jersey hanging in the rafters as long as Riley is around. If Wade scorns him by signing with the Cavs, it will be a HUGE tarnish on Wade and all that he has done for Miami.

Liek i said he can sign elsewhere and I think most fans would understand, but not to the Cavs.

If I was a Heat fan I'd have WAY more appreciation/loyalty for Wade than Riley.... but I'm not... so maybe I'm off base??

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Heat fan since they first came into the league. I love Wade, hes my favorite player to ever put on the jersey and hes my second favorite athlete to ever play in the city of Miami. But Riley has done alot for this team. Hes the reason we have 3 championships, hes the reason we have had competitive teams almost every year. he definitely has made some big mistakes, but he is as appreciated as Wade is.

But for Wade to leave this team and go sign with the Cavs would be a HUGE blow to the fanbase.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since stephen A is giving us shit for getting durant. I cant wait for him to completely support wade to the cavs lul

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be dumb.

Unless Wade's going to take the MLE, that's what has to be done. With all those guys in place (and their cap holds if free agents) the Cavs are $26M+ over the cap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since stephen A is giving us shit for getting durant. I cant wait for him to completely support wade to the cavs lul

It's a different situation. Wade's nearing the end of his career and he would be returning the favor to Lebron. However, Wade was just upset that Miami was expecting him to take less again, but he will have to do so to go to Cleveland as well (perhaps the MLE).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Wade's going to take the MLE, that's what has to be done. With all those guys in place (and their cap holds if free agents) the Cavs are $26M+ over the cap.
thats the only viable option for wade coming which is why i doubt it happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't the same lol. Is Wade a top 5 player? Wade already has championships and he isn't going to the team that he lost too. Plus Wade and Lebron were teammates for 4 seasons. With that being said Cavs just need to sign JR and sign some MLE guys. I don't want Wade honestly, plus I want him to stay in Miami for his entire career.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different situation. Wade's nearing the end of his career and he would be returning the favor to Lebron. However, Wade was just upset that Miami was expecting him to take less again, but he will have to do so to go to Cleveland as well (perhaps the MLE).

I think it is all leverage to get what he wants in Miami, he felt disrespected. I think that is the only reason he is supposedly talking to other teams in the first place. He took paycuts for years and was never the top paid player on the team. Miami has disrespected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.