• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it shows how the NBA has changed. KD will no longer be the guy or leader. If he wins it really doesn't matter but as far as rating the greatest he could take a step back but who knows maybe Curry becomes the 3rd option and KD is the man.

my guess is that ring'll make him feel better...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will speak for most Cavs fans and say that the Cavs had already succeeded in the expectations. It was a championship, now we get to enjoy the team and having no pressure on them (especially now). Now, I think GS is going to one of the best teams ever and already are on paper but just like the Heat in 2010 they are basically giving them the title. I know it is a different situation bc it is one player but the team did change a bit, for the Warriors it shouldn't be a problem. The West is still very tough and the Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies all got better (Clip bc of the injuries).

I don't know how the Clippers got better. The only team that offers any remote competition in the West is the Spurs, that's it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant was never in the conversation of the GOAT. He wants to win and not be in the company of Malone and Barkley. Durant very well could be the main in Oakland. We have no idea if he will or not as he hasn't even put on a Warriors jersey in practice yet.

I find it funny how everyone is trying to get into the guy's head from jump street...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up this morning saying damn we signed durant. Still feels like a dream

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. Lebron always has pressure on him but knowing the fans of Cleveland and the expectations now it will probably be the least amount of pressure he has had in his career IMO. Cleveland fans can't really ask for more and if he brings another title that is just extra. I know Lebron will always want MORE and it should be interesting to see this Cavs team play without as much pressure, I mean they already played great with the pressure. It should be interesting to see how GS plays under pressure especially KD---shouldn't be a problem IMO but when the playoffs roll around is when we will see how that plays out. Either way it will be a fun season.

Honestly, IMO, the word pressure is way overblown.
Yes, at the start of the series, you might have some nervous energy.
But once the game starts, these guys are just doing what they do pretty much all day, everyday.
Shoot the basketball.

A few years back, I asked Mike Miller about the perceived pressure and he said 'I shoot from these spots hundreds of times a day. I'm surprised when I miss, not when I make.'

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you don't see that it's about the money for Wade. He could only sign for the MLE (I believe) with the Cavs. Huge difference between a $20 mil salary and $2.9 mil.
Yeah but Cavs can find away. If GS can find a way to sign KD Cavs will find a way to sign Wade. Its not that hard. As you can see in the NBA u can go over the Cap. Its not a hard cap. Easy to work your way around it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The durant signing changes everything for the cavs defense. You cant overplay curry and klay anymore and leave barnes open, now KD takes his place. Also zaza has a better offensive game than bogut or ezeli

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah KD and Curry lose some MVP power now but like someone said its the NBA and the players are soft now. They team up to win with their friends. Is not a league anymore. Regular season is pointless. U have 2-3 teams that can win the league every year. Its what ever power team is formed after the year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Cavs can find away. If GS can find a way to sign KD Cavs will find a way to sign Wade. Its not that hard. As you can see in the NBA u can go over the Cap. Its not a hard cap. Easy to work your way around it.

outside of waving a magic wand I definitely don't see this happening. Cavs are seriously cap strapped, and their options for a "counter-move" to what the Dubs did are highly questionable....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The durant signing changes everything for the cavs defense. You cant overplay curry and klay anymore and leave barnes open, now KD takes his place. Also zaza has a better offensive game than bogut or ezeli
Yeah but Cavs still have that 1 advantage that was an issue in the Finals.... Interior D and rebounding. U have no Center.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Westbrook go next year? Lakers, Knicks, Clippers. I think he goes back home to LA.

I'm thinking Orlando or Boston. 2 teams with enough young draft picks to satisfy the Thunder in a trade.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not you, saying that RJ could guard KD...which I definitely DON'T agree with...

No one can guard KD.

But RJ is as good as a KD defender coming off the bench as you can find, imo. Depending on how his age holds up this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont care about touches curry already has said that too

Curry isn't KD. Curry said he doesn't need touches. I just think it helps them when he gets many touches especially the way he shot in the regular season last year. No point, we wont know till we see this team on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.