• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this no way in hell any GS player should win an MVP award now. 4 starting All star players on 1 team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wasn't rooting one way or the other, but looking at it now, we do indeed have a better shot at WB because of this. We have young, tradeable assets as well. Looking at next summer, I don't know if just sticking with the young bucks isn't the worst thing in the world, but at the same time, I've said one thing for quite some time, and that is that if Westbrook says that he wants to come here, with the position that we are in, I think we kind of don't have a choice, but to do it

Yeah, I wasn't rooting one way or the other either. Obviously, if the Lakers can get Westbrook next year, they kind of have to. It adds the star player they need and puts a turbo charger on the rebuild.

On the other hand, I'm kind of excited to see how the young guys develop and willing to be patient while they do.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Dirk isn't going to GSW.

Small victories.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Westbrook will be chasing a championship. The Lakers could trade for him -- but he would be stepping backwards -- winning fewer games with the Lakers (after the trade) than the Thunder. He has already shown he can win 45-50 games with Thunder without Durant. (after Kevin's injury)

I'd guess Westbrook leaves next summer -- but he would only go to one of the top 4-5 teams. (list doesn't include Ws)

Why would the Lakers trade for him when he'll be a free agent after the season?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same deal Wade still has yet to accept....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Westbrook go next year? Lakers, Knicks, Clippers. I think he goes back home to LA.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk and Wade should both find teams that have a shot. Dirk can go to Boston or Portland, Wade to Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for the most part they will work well together- esp. steph, klay and durant...durant HAS to or he looks really bad...the one guy i would be concerned about is draymond who had some issues during the middle of the season.

and of course Durant is a ridiculously huge get and improves the Warriors....If Durant joined the CAvs I would say the same thing...if Durant joined the Cavs though I would be extremely excited of course- but its not like offense -especially iso offense and shooting is something we need.

Golden State was pretty 1 dimensional offensively in the Finals- with really no one that could get to the rim all that much and absolutely no one that can post up outside of livingston a little bit.....i guess durant - like they have said- will get them a little more well rounded by getting to the line more- and durant can get to the basket-- but he is still primarly a shooter.

like i said- i really dont see how this solves their problems of slowing down lebron and or kyrie...sure they can try and outscore the cavs but that just doesnt seem to be the nature of hard-played playoff games- where the cavs held that 73 win high powered offense to under 90 at home.

of course its going to be an uphill battle...and golden state made their ridiculous strengths even stronger...but they still have holes- many of the same holes that caused them to lose the Finals...

plus...their is only 1 best player in the league...one King of the NBA...and he happens to own Durant. The Cavs will have to try and figure out someway to pull off a counter move.

It does help them slow down LeBron though. In 2 ways.

First, Bron no longer starts games with Barnes on him. That job goes to Durant. While nobody can guard LeBron 1 on 1, there is not another team out there that has 3 quality options the caliber of Iggy, Green and KD.

Second, LeBron now guards KD. This year, LeBron was able to wreck havoc on the GS offense when he guarded Draymond or when he switched on Curry. I don't think he will be able to either for more than a couple possessions here or there, because he is the only Cav capable of matching up with Durant. Not only will that drain energy from LeBron, but it will enable others to get easier matchups.

Interestingly, when Miami played OKC in 2011, one factor that changed the entire series was that Durant guarded LeBron early in games while Battier guarded Durant. The result was excess foul trouble and fatigue for KD. The exact opposite could play out now if LeBron is the primary defender on KD while Iggy is the man doing the heavy lifting on LeBron:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why Dirk is still giving hometown discounts? For what? Why should he leave money on Mark Cuban's table?

Is that $$$ gonna help him or his team in any way?

He can do what he wants and props to him for being a loyal guy.... but if you're staying.... why not take the max at this point??

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second, LeBron now guards KD. This year, LeBron was able to wreck havoc on the GS offense when he guarded Draymond or when he switched on Curry. I don't think he will be able to either for more than a couple possessions here or there, because he is the only Cav capable of matching up with Durant. Not only will that drain energy from LeBron, but it will enable others to get easier matchups.

Agree with this. I do think RJ ... depending on how his age holds up.... is a decent option to put on Durant, though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are pointing to the Spurs as WC challengers for the Warriors... for obvious reasons.

I think the Grizzlies might just have the best shot at keeping the Warriors out of the Finals.

Conley, Allen, Parsons, Randolph, Gasol is a very solid unity.

The Grizz seem uniquely suited to defending the Warriors while also punishing the Warriors frountcourt defense (or lack thereof).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just funny that everyone dogged Lebron when he made the move even minus The Decision he was dogged.

You honestly think that the only thing people didn't like was "The Decision"? Really?!?

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are pointing to the Spurs as WC challengers for the Warriors... for obvious reasons.

I think the Grizzlies might just have the best shot at keeping the Warriors out of the Finals.

Conley, Allen, Parsons, Randolph, Gasol is a very solid unity.

The Grizz seem uniquely suited to defending the Warriors while also punishing the Warriors frountcourt defense (or lack thereof).
Gasol, Randolph is a damn good front court--- and finally they added a legit SF--- and the thing they needed most-- shooting....that will be an interesting team to watch- esp. since they slow down the style of play....

Cavs should trade Love for RW......could OKC really do better with RW only 1 year remaning? it would be worth it to see RW go into insanity mode in the finals like the hulk in an avengers movie.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why @WiggyRuss is so giddy. He said that Wade's washed up. But I guess if Wade were to somehow sign with the Cavs, he'd say that the Wade from 06 will be lining up with Lebron.

That's because the Cuyahoga river is really the fountain of youth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why Dirk is still giving hometown discounts? For what? Why should he leave money on Mark Cuban's table?

He can do what he wants and props to him for being a loyal guy.... but if you're staying.... why not take the max at this point??
Well they did pick up Bogurt and barnes. So they did do something.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did pick up Bogurt and barnes. So they did do something.
Yeah... but that was done before and regardless of Dirks deal.

With his bird rights... the mavs could give Dirk $30 mill a year regardless of what else they do this off-season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol, Randolph is a damn good front court--- and finally they added a legit SF--- and the thing they needed most-- shooting....that will be an interesting team to watch- esp. since they slow down the style of play....

Cavs should trade Love for RW......could OKC really do better with RW only 1 year remaning? it would be worth it to see RW go into insanity mode in the finals like the hulk in an avengers movie.
If Im OKC I call up lakers and ask for an offer. At least get something back. Maybe OKC can get Russell back and at least build around a young PG. No Way in the world Russell and Westbrook would be able to play together.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... but that was done before and regardless of Dirks deal.

With his bird rights... the mavs could give Dirk $30 mill a year regardless of what else they do this off-season.
Maybe Dallas isnt done yet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes but maybe Dirk had an handshake deal if Dallas did something. I think that is why he waited to sign.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im OKC I call up lakers and ask for an offer. At least get something back. Maybe OKC can get Russell back and at least build around a young PG. No Way in the world Russell and Westbrook would be able to play together.

Lakers shouldn't offer anything. Russell isn't going to sign an extension anywhere. Just wait until free agency next summer. Russell can be traded elsewhere for improvement around Westbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.