• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Well more like the team that was in his way in the West. It's like Lebron going to the Celtics when he lost to them in his early days.

2. Lebron carried those Cavs teams and he never got one All-Star on his team. Maybe Larry Hughes was he an all-star. It was embarassing what the roster looked like looking back on them. Exactly, you said best regular season teams. They didnt have good enough teams to get out of the East but Lebron had to carry them. KD had a top 5 player on his team and a great supporting cast and that is the difference.

It's just funny that everyone dogged Lebron when he made the move even minus The Decision he was dogged. This move is 100x worse IMO. Going to a team that could and did win a championship before he came there. I have always liked KD and the goal is to win a championsip but if you have to go to the ALREADY best team to win it...that is just sad. Basically saying the Thunder werent good enough even though they choked away a chance to win it all last year.

Ohh well...it will be fun watching the team seeing how they make this team work. It will be something we have never seen honestly. The 2nd and 3rd best player in the league along with 2 more top 15-20 guys. The team will have to adjust bc they are so used to have great depth and they wont, it will be a great starting 4 or 5 but depth will be lacking.

Mo Williams was an all-star in 2009.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told ya no cap space was going to be a major issue for the Cavs the minute they traded Wiggins.

Such a genuinely terrible trade. Minnesota had absolutely no leverage to ask for Wiggins. The Cavs got their championship, but they did it largely despite Love, not because of him. I think they'd be a better team NOW with Wiggins, and they'd sure as hell be better long term with him.

I'm skeptical it will happen, but the Cavs need to move Love. Him playing up to his ability and the Cavs playing up to the best of their ability are mutually exclusive. And the worst of it is, and this was what I thought when they made the trade, what they need is Wiggins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you rooting for Durant to leave OKC so that Westbrook would be more of a possibility? I was thinking that the only fan bases that are happy or could be happy about today's news are the Warriors, the Lakers, and the Sonics.

Not totally true.

Most of us fan bases are irrelevant for at least the next 4 years, so we might as well enjoy some good basketball while out teams go back to the drawing board and try to figure out a long term solution.

The teams who really should be disappointed are those who had a chance to get KD + the Cavs. The rest of us really don't have a reason to hate because our teams are bad to medoiocre anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.......dude, you gotta let the butt-hurtedness and the bitterness got at some points...its going on YEARS now...you have been wrong every step of the way and repeatedly made to look stupid. Its time for you to bow at the alter of Gilbert and James and give them the due they are owed.

There is only one King of the NBA. He resides in Cleveland. He has the best sidekick he has ever had and he just finished the greatest comeback in the history of the league. Its time for you to start singing a different tune. lol. at this point i dont even know how u can believe what u say you have been wrong so often.

You're making shit up...AGAIN.

Only thing I was wrong about was picking against the Cavs to win the Finals.
Most everyone outside of Cavs/James picked the Warriors. I stand by the pick.
Had nothing to do with bitterness. I'll take the team that won 73 regular season games, every time.

Did I or did I not, since the day James returned , say they needed to win in one of the first two seasons?
I'll bet I said it at least 50 times?

Next, what was my logic behind making prediction?

Wasnt it was because I knew James would have the Cavs maxed out and other teams would be able to add.

So, isnt that exactly what happened?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, having Durant will improve the Warriors' offense by giving them 6 to 8 more FT's per game. Harrison Barnes barely got to the line. Now the Warriors have a long-time established superstar who the refs respect and blow whistles for.

It's quite amazing how Cavs fans are attempting to diminish/deflect the enormity of the already best team in the league adding a top 3 player in the world.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, having Durant will improve the Warriors' offense by giving them 6 to 8 more FT's per game. Harrison Barnes barely got to the line. Now the Warriors have a long-time established superstar who the refs respect and blow whistles for.

#fact

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making shit up...AGAIN.

Only thing I was wrong about was picking against the Cavs to win the Finals.
Most everyone outside of Cavs/James picked the Warriors. I stand by the pick.
Had nothing to do with bitterness. I'll take the team that won 73 regular season games, every time.

Did I or did I not, since the day James returned , say they needed to win in one of the first two seasons?
I'll bet I said it at least 50 times?

Next, what was my logic behind making prediction?

Wasnt it was because I knew James would have the Cavs maxed out and other teams would be able to add.

So, isnt that exactly what happened?
You guys really need your own thread.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The touches argument i never seen this before

Well they wont get as many touches. If KD needed the ball more in OKC, he will have to adjust. Shouldnt be a provlem byt you never know

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with KD decision now. I'll be rooting for him next year. I was fine with Lebron in 2010 and I'm fine with KD in 2016

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they wont get as many touches. If KD needed the ball more in OKC, he will have to adjust. Shouldnt be a provlem byt you never know

How many 4th qtrs did Curry just sit last season?
He's not worried about touches/stats.

Only way it works for any/ all of them is to check your ego at the door.

If they all aren't willing to do that, then we wouldn't be where we are today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 4th qtrs did Curry just sit last season?
He's not worried about touches/stats.

Only way it works for any/ all of them is to check your ego at the door.

If they all aren't willing to do that, then we wouldn't be where we are today.

I just love it the way people are making it seem like Steph and Klay have big egos and is going to have a problem with Durant coming in. People realize KD did just fine with 2 players with much bigger egos in Westbrook and Harden?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even so, Curry apparently felt it necessary to send Durant a message hours after the meeting Friday night to reassure him about his commitment to "Strength In Numbers" and unselfishness.

According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike). The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curry's message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and he'd like to do that as his teammate.

Here's what Steph Curry reportedly told Kevin Durant after his Warriors meeting

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Cavs fans (mainly Shane is acting) you would think Steph and Klay are Kobe and Harden when it comes to big egos

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Cavs fans (mainly Shane is acting) you would think Steph and Klay are Kobe and Harden when it comes to big egos
I think for the most part they will work well together- esp. steph, klay and durant...durant HAS to or he looks really bad...the one guy i would be concerned about is draymond who had some issues during the middle of the season.

and of course Durant is a ridiculously huge get and improves the Warriors....If Durant joined the CAvs I would say the same thing...if Durant joined the Cavs though I would be extremely excited of course- but its not like offense -especially iso offense and shooting is something we need.

Golden State was pretty 1 dimensional offensively in the Finals- with really no one that could get to the rim all that much and absolutely no one that can post up outside of livingston a little bit.....i guess durant - like they have said- will get them a little more well rounded by getting to the line more- and durant can get to the basket-- but he is still primarly a shooter.

like i said- i really dont see how this solves their problems of slowing down lebron and or kyrie...sure they can try and outscore the cavs but that just doesnt seem to be the nature of hard-played playoff games- where the cavs held that 73 win high powered offense to under 90 at home.

of course its going to be an uphill battle...and golden state made their ridiculous strengths even stronger...but they still have holes- many of the same holes that caused them to lose the Finals...

plus...their is only 1 best player in the league...one King of the NBA...and he happens to own Durant. The Cavs will have to try and figure out someway to pull off a counter move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with KD decision now. I'll be rooting for him next year. I was fine with Lebron in 2010 and I'm fine with KD in 2016
I am fine with KD's decision too....he is free to do what he wants...and i will be happy to boo him mercilessly and hope he loses and chokes at every turn...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.