• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Well more like the team that was in his way in the West. It's like Lebron going to the Celtics when he lost to them in his early days.

2. Lebron carried those Cavs teams and he never got one All-Star on his team. Maybe Larry Hughes was he an all-star. It was embarassing what the roster looked like looking back on them. Exactly, you said best regular season teams. They didnt have good enough teams to get out of the East but Lebron had to carry them. KD had a top 5 player on his team and a great supporting cast and that is the difference.

It's just funny that everyone dogged Lebron when he made the move even minus The Decision he was dogged. This move is 100x worse IMO. Going to a team that could and did win a championship before he came there. I have always liked KD and the goal is to win a championsip but if you have to go to the ALREADY best team to win it...that is just sad. Basically saying the Thunder werent good enough even though they choked away a chance to win it all last year.

Ohh well...it will be fun watching the team seeing how they make this team work. It will be something we have never seen honestly. The 2nd and 3rd best player in the league along with 2 more top 15-20 guys. The team will have to adjust bc they are so used to have great depth and they wont, it will be a great starting 4 or 5 but depth will be lacking.
Ehh, people really forget that Bron had Boston down 2-1 and 2-2 at the Q when he fell completely apart shooting 3-14. They could of arguably beaten Boston that year, but it was over after that game 5

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant record wise but KD has always played well. He just cant beat Lebron.
yah...who covers lebron? who guards the rim? who on that team has any toughness? why does curry play well under his career averages in the finals and kyrie well over?

all these questions still remain. all the reasons why the Cavs won are still there. ---the most important of which is- the Cavs have the mental toughness to take a punch- and counter....and the Warriors crumbled when they were hit. With the pressure Durant is going to be under next year- its gonna be a long road to June.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, people really forget that Bron had Boston down 2-1 and 2-2 at the Q when he fell completely apart shooting 3-14. They could of arguably beaten Boston that year, but it was over after that game 5

Yup -- he really sucked those last couple of games. I thought he was hurt (elbow) -- but I think it was choking. (but I guess he learned how not to choke later ... with some guys it could compound over time)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...who covers lebron? who guards the rim? who on that team has any toughness? why does curry play well under his career averages in the finals and kyrie well over?

all these questions still remain. all the reasons why the Cavs won are still there. ---the most important of which is- the Cavs have the mental toughness to take a punch- and counter....and the Warriors crumbled when they were hit. With the pressure Durant is going to be under next year- its gonna be a long road to June.
So, not as to hate in any way, but Durant is gonna be the guy that will be getting those open shots that Barnes was getting, and they can't possibly try to hide Irving on Durant as well. I mean, I see the advantages that the Cavs could have going to the rim, bit when Durant can take a rest on the offensive side, it kind of makes guarding Bron more bearable

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant record wise but KD has always played well. He just cant beat Lebron.
Kyrie is right at the age where he is due to take that next leap. After the confidence he should derive from that amazing Finals appearance and hitting the game winner- I expect him to really take off this year. Right around 26-27 guys hit their primes...Kyrie is 24 and turns 25 in March- but he seems primed to go up to that next level....

A full year of Love being in Lue's system should help also. Blatt severely underutilized him. Take away all the pressure and the scrutiny that the Cavs had last year after winning the title- and a full training camp under Lue and a full year in his system should continue to help the Cavs get more out of Love as time goes on.....finally this team is getting the longevity and togetherness that you need to compete at hte highest level year in and year out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not as to hate in any way, but Durant is gonna be the guy that will be getting those open shots that Barnes was getting, and they can't possibly try to hide Irving on Durant as well. I mean, I see the advantages that the Cavs could have going to the rim, bit when Durant can take a rest on the offensive side, it kind of makes guarding Bron more bearable
thats true....the Cavs are going to need to get a lot more out of Kevin Love next year- and they are going to have to figure out a way to add a wing- whether thats at buyout time or with their trade exception or another deal or a vet taking a smaller deal or whatever...i have faith that gilbert and griffin will find a way to add a player that can help them win a title at some point this year - they always make some kind of deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well when you can double and triple Lebron and the guys around him cant make shots bc they are scrubs that is easy for you to say. The fact is those teams were awful and KD had a title contending team and it wasnt good enough. It really is sad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its a pride thing more than a money thing- the two are irrevocably linked...but "relationships are important"....

Even the contract they offered him I heard he would be the 2nd highest paid guy and 4th highest for guaranteed or something. The fact they stalled to offer other guys big contracts is business but still a slap in the face.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you been saying that about Wade on here for 2 years now?

Rejoice you won this year.
It ain't looking good for anyone else anytime soon.

Told ya no cap space was going to be a major issue for the Cavs the minute they traded Wiggins.

JR will max you out for next summer.

LeBron will be studying rosters with talented youth and cap space.

Looks like you can pretty much stick a fork in the currently constructed Cavs..

Who cares? Lol They got a championship and they got very good deals for their main core. They can always trade role players for players and they have trade exceptions. They just need a couple more MLE guys or good, solid role players and they will have pretty good depth. The Warriors still would need to sign Curry and KD long term and they have Iggy and Livingston on the bench and that's it. They will be great but they are no lock. The Spurs got Pau and if the Clip are healthy they are legit. Also Memphis got Parsons, if he stays healthy they are contenders. The top of the West is still tough but the top of the East is too. A couple of elite teams but really no parity. Probably will see a lot of blowouts again early in the playoffs IMO.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REPORT: Kevin Durant is having "major" second thoughts about his decision to leave Oklahoma City and sign with the Golden State Warriors.

According to The Vertical, something may happen.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Shanemansj13, post: 8597683, member: ]It really is sad[/QUOTE]

Youre really sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it will be fascinating to watch him this year....the pressure is going to be incredible....where that team had a lot of joy last season- this season is going to a joyless march to the playoffs...that cant prove anything till then.....especially durant.

i just hope they dont get someone that can slow down lebron somehow.

Umm iguodala defends LBJ really well. He needs to force a switch on him cause hes so good. He doesnt have barnes to abuse anymore

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, another option for sure but KD has been owned by Lebron in his career. It will probably make a difference he has Klay and Curry from now on though lol. Still only one ball though so it so be interesting to watch how they get their touches.

The touches argument i never seen this before

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm zaza is a pretty tough dude. Hes a solid defender too. Not the defender that bogut is but makes you pay on offense. Curry played great in last years final actually not good this year. Big reason is youre putting 2 to 3 defenders on him and leaving barnes open all game. You cant leave KD now. We have toughness thpugh get outta here with that garbage

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could diminish Draymond's role. He likes to take the ball up some and handle the ball. He might never get to touch it EVER. Klay and Curry both thrive on hotstreaks shooting wise, they wont get to touch the ball as much, as KD wont either. It might take a good while for this team to play as a team, kinda like Miami the first year but they are damn good. The depth is lacking other than Iggy and Livingston though.

Not reallt. We are trading barnes, bogut, ezeli and getting durant, zaza so far

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The touches argument i never seen this before

If nothing else, having Durant will improve the Warriors' offense by giving them 6 to 8 more FT's per game. Harrison Barnes barely got to the line. Now the Warriors have a long-time established superstar who the refs respect and blow whistles for.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REPORT: Kevin Durant is having "major" second thoughts about his decision to leave Oklahoma City and sign with the Golden State Warriors.

According to The Vertical, something may happen.

:stephena:

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oladipo replied with ring emoji when asked about him being traded to OKC?

:pound::pound::pound:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting change is the Ws will have all the pressure next year. They "must" win >73 games ... and a championship.

The pressure won't be on teams like the Spurs and Cavs -- they aren't expected to win the championship.

I could also see the Cavs (and maybe the Clips or the Blazers) making a major move next year at the trading deadline. (Melo ... we're looking at you)

Another interesting thing is NBA teams are more "championship or bust" than I think it has ever been before. Superstars (or even Melo) don't want to retire without a ring anymore.

They don't need to win more than 73 games. They need to win a title.

Next you're going to say they need to go undefeated by an average of 20+ points.

Man some of ya'll need jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.