• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike).

The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curry's message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and he'd like to do that as his teammate.

That sure is lovely, I was expecting him to say something like, "This is my team, if you have the privilege of playing with me, you better understand your role. I'm the only unanimous MVP in history, you understand that, history. I should of been the Finals MVP, but my wife said the league was rigged, except for us. When I win the MVP again, I'll let you take a picture with it. Anyway, my wife says get off the phone, so just come here and play, so I can win you a title."

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he really want a 3rd or 4th year.
Wow, 2 years at 20 mil. sounds pretty fair to me...it even kind of borders a legacy, thanks for what you've done deal(even though he had a solid year last year). At the same time, while I see Wade staying, I don't see how Riley could let Wade walk if contract talks got that bad, so that's a tricky situation

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all for trading say Russell and Ingram for him since we don't need Russ if we have WB......and throw in Ingram to sweeten the pot and give them somebody they can develop to replace KD.

Just don't get fleeced by Presti like Orlando did.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 2 years at 20 mil. sounds pretty fair to me...it even kind of borders a legacy, thanks for what you've done deal(even though he had a solid year last year). At the same time, while I see Wade staying, I don't see how Riley could let Wade walk if contract talks got that bad, so that's a tricky situation

He's also not back in the US from what I heard so that could be the reason for the hold up. But yeah Miami really can't do better than 2/40 unless he wants 3/60. Don't know if any team would give him a 3 year deal. He is turning 35 in January.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he really want a 3rd or 4th year.

He'd have a player option after this season.
The cap goes up again next year.
If he really has faith in himself, there's no reason to not sign this deal and revisit everything a year from now.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't beat 'em, join em. And Durant can't beat 'em, cause he's a choker. So he'll fit right in!

Am I doing it right???

An interesting change is the Ws will have all the pressure next year. They "must" win >73 games ... and a championship.

The pressure won't be on teams like the Spurs and Cavs -- they aren't expected to win the championship.

I could also see the Cavs (and maybe the Clips or the Blazers) making a major move next year at the trading deadline. (Melo ... we're looking at you)

Another interesting thing is NBA teams are more "championship or bust" than I think it has ever been before. Superstars (or even Melo) don't want to retire without a ring anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd have a player option after this season.
The cap goes up again next year.
If he really has faith in himself, there's no reason to not sign this deal and revisit everything a year from now.

I agree. Really not sure what the hold up is

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting change is the Ws will have all the pressure next year. They "must" win >73 games ... and a championship.

The pressure won't be on teams like the Spurs and Cavs -- they aren't expected to win the championship.

I could also see the Cavs (and maybe the Clips or the Blazers) making a major move next year at the trading deadline. (Melo ... we're looking at you)

Another interesting thing is NBA teams are more "championship or bust" than I think it has ever been before. Superstars (or even Melo) don't want to retire without a ring anymore.

Melo is happy with his MASH unit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Really not sure what the hold up is

He's not here, and he has to pretend to drag it out a bit for his ego/pride.

He knows Riley isn't going to offer it to anyone else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's decision wasn't as bad? :pound:

The entire way he conducted it was shameful.

I already said the Decision was a given, it was a bad move on his part. But the move in general, the Cavs were giving him nothing around him and he was still getting deep in the playoffs. The Thunder just were up 3-1 on the Warriors, then he goes to the rival. Definitely a coward move, took the easy way out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs can get West it would definitely help out the depth.

West, Frye, Jefferson, Shump, Felder. Williams and Jones bench warmers basically. I think Mcrae and Felder can be legit if they can get some minutes, it will take time though or the Cavs can get another wing guy I am hoping.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said the Decision was a given, it was a bad move on his part. But the move in general, the Cavs were giving him nothing around him and he was still getting deep in the playoffs. The Thunder just were up 3-1 on the Warriors, then he goes to the rival. Definitely a coward move, took the easy way out.

1) I wouldn't call the Thunder and Warriors exactly rivals. Are Toronto and Cleveland rivals?

2) Saying it was a coward move and took the easy way out is different than Lebron how? Lebron constantly had the best regular season team with the Cavs. Did he not take the easy way out by teaming up with Wade and Bosh to make sure he can beat Boston in the playoffs? If you say Durant took the easy way out then you must say the same for James.

At the end of the day as a professional athlete your goal is to win championships. When you have the chance, you must do what is best for you in order to put yourself in the best position to win the NBA title. If you tried to achieve an NBA title with the same franchise and the same formula for 8 or 9 years and it is not working. It doesn't hard to try something new and go to a team that puts you in a better position to win the title. All KD did is what Lebron did in 2010. Put himself in a better position to win the title.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Wade can't leave Miami, because THAT would actually hurt ME a little bit. It'd be like seeing Duncan/Dirk/Kobe leave while they are getting ready to approach the end of their careers...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron was on the banana boat and said- Dwade- shooting guard....you start- we move JR to the bench....Me, you, KI, KLove, Jr, TT........so much more mentally tough and physically tough than the Warriors.

i know its not likely- but he did just tweet "relationships are important".....and if he wants to win another title - or get to the conference finals again in his career- this is the move......if he signs a 2 year deal with Miami he will be well paid and a legend - and its prob what hes gonna do- but he wont have a legit title shot again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that would be hilarious.

You don't need Wade, you need Whiteside.

Maybe if James plays for nothing so Wade can make 20?

You're right about one thing, he's not winning here anytime soon.

And Wades tweet wasn't about him, it was about Durants relationship with Curry/Iggy.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron was on the banana boat and said- Dwade- shooting guard....you start- we move JR to the bench....Me, you, KI, KLove, Jr, TT........so much more mentally tough and physically tough than the Warriors.

i know its not likely- but he did just tweet "relationships are important".....and if he wants to win another title - or get to the conference finals again in his career- this is the move......if he signs a 2 year deal with Miami he will be well paid and a legend - and its prob what hes gonna do- but he wont have a legit title shot again.

You do realize this is a money thing for D-Wade right?

Status
Not open for further replies.