• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what they said about Lebron when he left. He was criticized, I understand he had 'The Decision' but his move to another team was not nearly as bad as this one. I have always liked KD so it really doesnt matter, his decision, it's just taking the coward way for the fact he had a great team around him but wanted it easier bc he couldnt lead his team past the Warriors.

He's played 9 years in a loaded WC. Why shouldn't he want it easier?

The last 2 years, James hasn't had to break a sweat to get to the Finals.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wasn't rooting one way or the other, but looking at it now, we do indeed have a better shot at WB because of this. We have young, tradeable assets as well. Looking at next summer, I don't know if just sticking with the young bucks isn't the worst thing in the world, but at the same time, I've said one thing for quite some time, and that is that if Westbrook says that he wants to come here, with the position that we are in, I think we kind of don't have a choice, but to do it

Yeah, you pretty much have to do your best to land an available superstar if you have any chance at it whatsoever.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't beat 'em, join em. And Durant can't beat 'em, cause he's a choker. So he'll fit right in!

Am I doing it right???

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike).

The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curry's message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and he'd like to do that as his teammate.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you rooting for Durant to leave OKC so that Westbrook would be more of a possibility? I was thinking that the only fan bases that are happy or could be happy about today's news are the Warriors, the Lakers, and the Sonics.

I think Westbrook will be chasing a championship. The Lakers could trade for him -- but he would be stepping backwards -- winning fewer games with the Lakers (after the trade) than the Thunder. He has already shown he can win 45-50 games with Thunder without Durant. (after Kevin's injury)

I'd guess Westbrook leaves next summer -- but he would only go to one of the top 4-5 teams. (list doesn't include Ws)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Westbrook will be chasing a championship. The Lakers could trade for him -- but he would be stepping backwards -- winning fewer games with the Lakers (after the trade) than the Thunder. He has already shown he can win 45-50 games with Thunder without Durant. (after Kevin's injury)

I'd guess Westbrook leaves next summer -- but he would only go to one of the top 4-5 teams. (list doesn't include Ws)

Here's the thing: RW has the type of ego where he thinks he could be the missing piece on a young team like the Lakers and he'd step in and be the immediate go to go guy and leader. If he goes to a top 4-5 team like you said.....that may not necessarily be the case. Oh, and he's from California.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what they said about Lebron when he left. He was criticized, I understand he had 'The Decision' but his move to another team was not nearly as bad as this one. I have always liked KD so it really doesnt matter, his decision, it's just taking the coward way for the fact he had a great team around him but wanted it easier bc he couldnt lead his team past the Warriors.

LeBron's decision wasn't as bad? :pound:

The entire way he conducted it was shameful.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we go after WB, it'll be in the summer...and if we were to get him, I'm sure that it'd be under an agreement that we'd blow up the young core(Ingram would probably stay) with some established trades to try to form a contender....although that is a MIGHTY risky thing to do when GS is gonna be there for years to come

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Curry to Dallas

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has added Bogut, Barnes, and the wrong Curry.

:L

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't D-Wade taken Miami's money yet?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they thought it was Steph. The Raid the Warriors plan wasn't completely successful, but two out of three ain't bad.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing: RW has the type of ego where he thinks he could be the missing piece on a young team like the Lakers and he'd step in and be the immediate go to go guy and leader. If he goes to a top 4-5 team like you said.....that may not necessarily be the case. Oh, and he's from California.

Westbrook seems totally Hollywood. I can totally see him coming home to the Lakers.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can just see it now:

Mark Cuban: Dirk! Dirk! You won't believe the free agency we've had! We got Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, and Steph Curry! We're practically the Dallas Dubs now!

Dirk Nowitszki: Uh, Mark, that's not Steph Curry, that's Seth Curry.

Mark Cuban: Wait, what?

Dirk Nowitszki: Ya. That's just his brother.

Mark Cuban: But I thought Seth Curry was the one that played in California for that previously flailing and irrelevant franchise that's now good!

Dirk Nowitzki: No, that's Steph, who plays for the Golden State Warriors. Seth previously played for the Sacramento Kings, who are still a flailing and irrelevant franchise.

Mark Cuban: Oh...but this one's good too, right?

Dirk Nowitzki: Not really.

Mark Cuban: Oh, well...this is awkward. Hey, where are you going!?

Dirk Nowitzki: To Oakland, to play with Steph Curry.

Mark Cuban: Oh, really? God damn it. Now we're gonna be a lottery team, just like those fucking Rockets. Aw, fuck it, I'm gonna go be Hillary's running mate now.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas could sign Gerald Green and Jason Thompson and have a lineup of:

Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook seems totally Hollywood. I can totally see him coming home to the Lakers.

I'd be all for trading say Russell and Ingram for him since we don't need Russ if we have WB......and throw in Ingram to sweeten the pot and give them somebody they can develop to replace KD.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can just see it now:

Mark Cuban: Dirk! Dirk! You won't believe the free agency we've had! We got Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, and Steph Curry! We're practically the Dallas Dubs now!

Dirk Nowitszki: Uh, Mark, that's not Steph Curry, that's Seth Curry.

Mark Cuban: Wait, what?

Dirk Nowitszki: Ya. That's just his brother.

Mark Cuban: But I thought Seth Curry was the one that played in California for that previously flailing and irrelevant franchise that's now good!

Dirk Nowitzki: No, that's Steph, who plays for the Golden State Warriors. Seth previously played for the Sacramento Kings, who are still a flailing and irrelevant franchise.

Mark Cuban: Oh...but this one's good too, right?

Dirk Nowitzki: Not really.

Mark Cuban: Oh, well...this is awkward. Hey, where are you going!?

Dirk Nowitzki: To Oakland, to play with Steph Curry.

Mark Cuban: Oh, really? God damn it. Now we're gonna be a lottery team, just like those fucking Rockets. Aw, fuck it, I'm gonna go be Hillary's running mate now.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.