• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 4th qtrs did Curry just sit last season?
He's not worried about touches/stats.

Only way it works for any/ all of them is to check your ego at the door.

If they all aren't willing to do that, then we wouldn't be where we are today.

I don't think egos will be a problem at all. The most interesting thing is the bench, I'm sure it will all work out and the offense might be so great they don't need a bench but what they do need is rim protection bc they don't have any right now. Other than that I expect them to win 65+ probably 70.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers shouldn't offer anything. Russell isn't going to sign an extension anywhere. Just wait until free agency next summer. Russell can be traded elsewhere for improvement around Westbrook.
I understand from Lakers View but why take that chance. Lakers have been having trouble signing top FA to come play. Why not make the trade now get Westbrook for this season and now you are a playoff team with a shot to upset a top seed. Next year you build on that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think egos will be a problem at all. The most interesting thing is the bench, I'm sure it will all work out and the offense might be so great they don't need a bench but what they do need is rim protection bc they don't have any right now. Other than that I expect them to win 65+ probably 70.
Yeah I dont think egos will be a problem on that team. Yes their biggest weakness with be rim protection and rebounding. They have no true center on that team now. KD isnt a great rebounder for how big he is. Green had trouble rebounding in the Finals when he was the true center.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite amazing how Cavs fans are attempting to diminish/deflect the enormity of the already best team in the league adding a top 3 player in the world.

I think I will speak for most Cavs fans and say that the Cavs had already succeeded in the expectations. It was a championship, now we get to enjoy the team and having no pressure on them (especially now). Now, I think GS is going to one of the best teams ever and already are on paper but just like the Heat in 2010 they are basically giving them the title. I know it is a different situation bc it is one player but the team did change a bit, for the Warriors it shouldn't be a problem. The West is still very tough and the Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies all got better (Clip bc of the injuries).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont think egos will be a problem on that team. Yes their biggest weakness with be rim protection and rebounding. They have no true center on that team now. KD isnt a great rebounder for how big he is. Green had trouble rebounding in the Finals when he was the true center.

A team like the Spurs or even the Thunder would destroy them on the boards as we speak. I'm sure some player with sign a MLE, but it isn't going to be a caliber of player they had on the their bench the last 2 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will speak for most Cavs fans and say that the Cavs had already succeeded in the expectations. It was a championship, now we get to enjoy the team and having no pressure on them (especially now). Now, I think GS is going to one of the best teams ever and already are on paper but just like the Heat in 2010 they are basically giving them the title. I know it is a different situation bc it is one player but the team did change a bit, for the Warriors it shouldn't be a problem. The West is still very tough and the Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies all got better (Clip bc of the injuries).

I agree with everything but one important part.

Regardless of winning already, having James always equates to having pressure/championship expectations.

Its the ONLY reason he plays.

Right now, I'd say you are only 1 of 3 teams that has a realistic chance to win, but looking at everything equally, there's no way to not predict Warriors as of today.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand from Lakers View but why take that chance. Lakers have been having trouble signing top FA to come play. Why not make the trade now get Westbrook for this season and now you are a playoff team with a shot to upset a top seed. Next year you build on that.

Why take the chance to trade assets for a rental?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does help them slow down LeBron though. In 2 ways.

First, Bron no longer starts games with Barnes on him. That job goes to Durant. While nobody can guard LeBron 1 on 1, there is not another team out there that has 3 quality options the caliber of Iggy, Green and KD.

Second, LeBron now guards KD. This year, LeBron was able to wreck havoc on the GS offense when he guarded Draymond or when he switched on Curry. I don't think he will be able to either for more than a couple possessions here or there, because he is the only Cav capable of matching up with Durant. Not only will that drain energy from LeBron, but it will enable others to get easier matchups.

Interestingly, when Miami played OKC in 2011, one factor that changed the entire series was that Durant guarded LeBron early in games while Battier guarded Durant. The result was excess foul trouble and fatigue for KD. The exact opposite could play out now if LeBron is the primary defender on KD while Iggy is the man doing the heavy lifting on LeBron:

RJ can guard KD. He is just as quick as Battier, one inch shorter, long arms. He is a solid defender.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything but one important part.

Regardless of winning already, having James always equates to having pressure/championship expectations.

Its the ONLY reason he plays.

Right now, I'd say you are only 1 of 3 teams that has a realistic chance to win, but looking at everything equally, there's no way to not predict Warriors as of today.

I can agree with that. Lebron always has pressure on him but knowing the fans of Cleveland and the expectations now it will probably be the least amount of pressure he has had in his career IMO. Cleveland fans can't really ask for more and if he brings another title that is just extra. I know Lebron will always want MORE and it should be interesting to see this Cavs team play without as much pressure, I mean they already played great with the pressure. It should be interesting to see how GS plays under pressure especially KD---shouldn't be a problem IMO but when the playoffs roll around is when we will see how that plays out. Either way it will be a fun season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think that the only thing people didn't like was "The Decision"? Really?!?

No, it was the opposite. He was dogged for the move in general. And this move IMO is 100x worse, that is what I am saying. Minus The Decision and Lebron still gets more hate for the move than I think even KD (it comes with being The Chosen One though), I guess we will have to see. He is receiving some hate *cough* *cough* Stephen A.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was the opposite. He was dogged for the move in general. And this move IMO is 100x worse, that is what I am saying. Minus The Decision and Lebron still gets more hate for the move than I think even KD (it comes with being The Chosen One though), I guess we will have to see. He is receiving some hate *cough* *cough* Stephen A.

THAT should make him lose sleep...:rolleyes2:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with KD decision now. I'll be rooting for him next year. I was fine with Lebron in 2010 and I'm fine with KD in 2016

I'm in the same boat. Lebron wanted to be a trend setter, this is one of the trends that he set. And KD really did make it about being a basketball decision - he fits into that system so well and will be in a prime position to win.

The fact that he left from the outside looking in means that Westbrook's going to be dipping as well. Funny thing that I like about KD is the fact that he's not trying to be liked. So guys like Stephen A. Smith saying this move was pathetic will probably not bother KD all that much in the long-run.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so, Curry apparently felt it necessary to send Durant a message hours after the meeting Friday night to reassure him about his commitment to "Strength In Numbers" and unselfishness.

According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike). The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curry's message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and he'd like to do that as his teammate.

Here's what Steph Curry reportedly told Kevin Durant after his Warriors meeting

Boy, Steph sure sounds like a ball-hogging ass hole.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat. Lebron wanted to be a trend setter, this is one of the trends that he set. And KD really did make it about being a basketball decision - he fits into that system so well and will be in a prime position to win.

The fact that he left from the outside looking in means that Westbrook's going to be dipping as well. Funny thing that I like about KD is the fact that he's not trying to be liked. So guys like Stephen A. Smith saying this move was pathetic will probably not bother KD all that much in the long-run.

Yep it shows how the NBA has changed. KD will no longer be the guy or leader. If he wins it really doesn't matter but as far as rating the greatest he could take a step back but who knows maybe Curry becomes the 3rd option and KD is the man.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for the most part they will work well together- esp. steph, klay and durant...durant HAS to or he looks really bad...the one guy i would be concerned about is draymond who had some issues during the middle of the season.

and of course Durant is a ridiculously huge get and improves the Warriors....If Durant joined the CAvs I would say the same thing...if Durant joined the Cavs though I would be extremely excited of course- but its not like offense -especially iso offense and shooting is something we need.

Golden State was pretty 1 dimensional offensively in the Finals- with really no one that could get to the rim all that much and absolutely no one that can post up outside of livingston a little bit.....i guess durant - like they have said- will get them a little more well rounded by getting to the line more- and durant can get to the basket-- but he is still primarly a shooter.

like i said- i really dont see how this solves their problems of slowing down lebron and or kyrie...sure they can try and outscore the cavs but that just doesnt seem to be the nature of hard-played playoff games- where the cavs held that 73 win high powered offense to under 90 at home.

of course its going to be an uphill battle...and golden state made their ridiculous strengths even stronger...but they still have holes- many of the same holes that caused them to lose the Finals...

plus...their is only 1 best player in the league...one King of the NBA...and he happens to own Durant. The Cavs will have to try and figure out someway to pull off a counter move.

Considering Draymond Green was the main person recruiting him, I think he'll be fine. The Dubs still have the same contingent of players to guard Lebron (Klay, Iggy, and now Durant with his length) and Kyrie, and still haven't fielded the rest of the roster. The question could also be applied on the other end - who on the Cavs are going to guard all 4 of these players when they're on the court at the same time?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it shows how the NBA has changed. KD will no longer be the guy or leader. If he wins it really doesn't matter but as far as rating the greatest he could take a step back but who knows maybe Curry becomes the 3rd option and KD is the man.

Durant was never in the conversation of the GOAT. He wants to win and not be in the company of Malone and Barkley. Durant very well could be the main in Oakland. We have no idea if he will or not as he hasn't even put on a Warriors jersey in practice yet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk and Wade should both find teams that have a shot. Dirk can go to Boston or Portland, Wade to Cavs.

Apparently you don't see that it's about the money for Wade. He could only sign for the MLE (I believe) with the Cavs. Huge difference between a $20 mil salary and $2.9 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.