• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the same lol. Is Wade a top 5 player? Wade already has championships and he isn't going to the team that he lost too. Plus Wade and Lebron were teammates for 4 seasons. With that being said Cavs just need to sign JR and sign some MLE guys. I don't want Wade honestly, plus I want him to stay in Miami for his entire career.

No hes not but hes trying to win, youre not allowed to try to win

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the only viable option for wade coming which is why i doubt it happens.

I don't see any viable options for Wade coming to Cleveland either. Lebron would have to take a massive pay cut. The Cavs wouldn't be able to retain JR and would have to deal Shumpert, just to get in a conversation. Wade would also have to leave significant money behind, which if by how he's treated the Heat offer, he's intent on getting paid.

Everything that Lebron has done has set himself up to be one of, if not THE highest paid player in the NBA. And he deserves every penny of what he gets and then some.

Wade has been taking pay cuts for years from the Heat and when the Cap spikes, you think he'll want to take another significant pay cut? I just don't see it.

Wade has 3 championship. His legacy from a winning perspective has already been solidified. He should be about getting as much money right now. He's left plenty on the table already to be a winner. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is all leverage to get what he wants in Miami, he felt disrespected. I think that is the only reason he is supposedly talking to other teams in the first place. He took paycuts for years and was never the top paid player on the team. Miami has disrespected him.

He already got that. They've upped their offer to 2 years, $40M

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already HAS won unlike KD lol

THIS.

It's why people are making too much about Wade sacrificing to come to a contender. He doesn't need to. He has 3 championships, including 1 without Lebron.

Wade has probably left an estimated 20-30M on the table by taking pay cut after pay cut with the Heat. Now you think he'll want to take an additional cut to chase more rings? Why?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS.

It's why people are making too much about Wade sacrificing to come to a contender. He doesn't need to. He has 3 championships, including 1 without Lebron.

Wade has probably left an estimated 20-30M on the table by taking pay cut after pay cut with the Heat. Now you think he'll want to take an additional cut to chase more rings? Why?

Reports are that Miami is going to trade McRoberts for space and offer Wade 2 yr/53 million

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already got that. They've upped their offer to 2 years, $40M

He didn't like the process, they wanted him to take a paycut. They didn't give him that offer until just yesterday.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Miami is going to trade McRoberts for space and offer Wade 2 yr/53 million

Sounds like a solid plan for the Heat. Wade deserves to retire in Miami. He's the one who recruited Lebron and Bosh. He brought a championship to the city with Shaq before the big 3. He deserves at least one big cash out from the team for services rendered and let him retire there.

If guys want to chase rings in other cities, they should be entitled to do so. Wade is not in that category because he already has achieved the highest success. I hope he retires in a Miami uniform.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS.

He has never been a ring chaser bc that's not who he is. I'm 99% sure he will resign with Miami.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't like the process, they wanted him to take a paycut. They didn't give him that offer until just yesterday.

Of course, when Durant made his decision known. They weren't going to close that door themselves.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a solid plan for the Heat. Wade deserves to retire in Miami. He's the one who recruited Lebron and Bosh. He brought a championship to the city with Shaq before the big 3. He deserves at least one big cash out from the team for services rendered and let him retire there.

If guys want to chase rings in other cities, they should be entitled to do so. Wade is not in that category because he already has achieved the highest success. I hope he retires in a Miami uniform.

IF it happens it will have more to do with Wade wanting to stick it to Miami, imo. What better way than to go to the Cavs. Also... Wade's relationship with LeBron would of course be a factor.

That said... it does seem unlikely for many of the reasons you pointed out.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never been a ring chaser bc that's not who he is. I'm 99% sure he will resign with Miami.

He was definitely ring chasing when he teamed up with Lebron and Bosh. Not saying that as a bad thing, just it is what it is.

But at this stage in his career, after all his success, he doesn't need to be one any longer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely ring chasing when he teamed up with Lebron and Bosh. Not saying that as a bad thing, just it is what it is.

But at this stage in his career, after all his success, he doesn't need to be one any longer.

It's not ring-chasing if you stay put. Where is he chasing to? That's recruiting, not chasing. Everyone is driving their careers towards rings, it's not the same thing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Cavs can find away. If GS can find a way to sign KD Cavs will find a way to sign Wade. Its not that hard. As you can see in the NBA u can go over the Cap. Its not a hard cap. Easy to work your way around it.

Golden St. traded away Bogut and let Barnes walk because they were still under the salary cap. They also didn't re-sign Ezeli. The Cavs roster is nowhere near that of the Warriors in terms of open salary. Lebron still has a hefty cap hold as of now.

Cleveland Cavaliers Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

Unless Lebron's signing for about $10 mil so D-Wade can get his money.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not ring-chasing if you stay put. Where is he chasing to? That's recruiting, not chasing. Everyone is driving their careers towards rings, it's not the same thing.

Probably wording got the best of me there. He was after a ring, but I guess chasing wasn't the right word.

Status
Not open for further replies.