• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has no shot the next couple years. Too many questions goung forward. Pay wade whst he wants. He was your franchise. Sign him 2 years and be done with it
yeah but it might also be time to move on. I guess it depends on both parties. If Wade doesnt care about winning let him retire a heat(like Kobe) or if he wants to win go to another team and Miami rebuilds.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Shaq never won anywhere else. Shaq didnt throw Riley under the bus. Lebron called him out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Shaq never won anywhere else. Shaq didnt throw Riley under the bus. Lebron called him out.

LeBron didn't name any names.

And - imo - it is a pretty shitty thing to do to tell someone that they are making the biggest mistake of their career after they've already made up their mind and informed you of their decision. Unless you are really looking out for their best interest... which it didn't sound like at all in this case.

Good on LeBron for sticking it to that person, whoever it was.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not ring-chasing if you stay put. Where is he chasing to? That's recruiting, not chasing. Everyone is driving their careers towards rings, it's not the same thing.
Or he was just in the dopest of the three locations.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has no shot the next couple years. Too many questions goung forward. Pay wade whst he wants. He was your franchise. Sign him 2 years and be done with it

That's backwards thinking.
You pay him something fair, which Riley offered.
You don't set your franchise back years like the Lakers did.

We own our draft picks next year
We have cap space.

Good opportunity to get back in the thick of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 yr/50 million is a ridiculous request considering Miami cap situation

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Miami is going to trade McRoberts for space and offer Wade 2 yr/53 million

I'm okay with that. Let's just get a 2nd rounder (hopefully 1st rounder from a higher contending team than Miami - ie. Clippers, Grizzlies, etc.) and pay Wade that money. Even with the salary cap going up, McRoberts is vastly overpaid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where he goes. If he chases money than sure. But to go to the Cavs where they can't pay you the money that Miami can is a slap in the face.

Lebron will get his jersey in the rafters in Miami eventually, it'll take a while. Shaq's getting his and didn't leave Miami on good terms, so will Lebron.
why would LBJ get one was only there for 4 years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment just clarifies that you dont have a argument for the " no true center" argument. Thanks
If you think he helps you inside and is a rim protector, I think its funny. He doesnt help you in that way. Is he serviceable yes but nothing special. Yes I understand u have 4 all stars on your team and you will still be the Favs going into this year but there are issues there. Bench wont be as strong and u lose your depth. U are 1 injury away from being in trouble.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Would probably fill in that Barbosa void.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would LBJ get one was only there for 4 years.

why would the heat retire Shaq's jersey?

why would the Bucks retire Oscar's jersey?

why would the Rockets retire Clyde's jersey?

why would the Lakers retire Wilt's jersey?

I could go on... They all played 4 or less seasons with those teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think he helps you inside and is a rim protector, I think its funny. He doesnt help you in that way. Is he serviceable yes but nothing special. Yes I understand u have 4 all stars on your team and you will still be the Favs going into this year but there are issues there. Bench wont be as strong and u lose your depth. U are 1 injury away from being in trouble.

Veteran players by reports out there saying they're lining up to play for Golden St. they just need to add a couple of veterans that they can slide into the rotation. If Barbosa possibly finds his way back, then they're still solid off the bench. Hell, they still have Livingston and Iggy coming off the bench. I also think either Rush or Clark will be coming back as well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Wade to the Lakers? Can that be an option? or Boston?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well i just said in my previous post he isnt the rim protector that bogut is but he is solid defensively and more mobile. He was the anchor to the bucks top 3 defense 2 seasons ago. Hes very good at being a rotator defensively. He can score a little more than bogut and get on the offensive glass better. But thats all he can do better than bogut. For 2.9 million? Sign me up

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran players by reports out there saying they're lining up to play for Golden St. they just need to add a couple of veterans that they can slide into the rotation. If Barbosa possibly finds his way back, then they're still solid off the bench. Hell, they still have Livingston and Iggy coming off the bench. I also think either Rush or Clark will be coming back as well.

The Warriors also have 3 rookies (considering Looney a rookie because he mostly red-shirted last year).

If just one of those 3 rookies is able to carve a rotational role, it'll go a long ways towards solidifying that bench too. I'm hoping it'll be Looney. Jones' injury puts him back into the game around December.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.... apparently Wade just followed Cavs on instagram.

I can imagine Wade and LeBron sitting somewhere going "hey watch this... " just to sit back and laugh at the overreaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.