• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors also have 3 rookies (considering Looney a rookie because he mostly red-shirted last year).

If just one of those 3 rookies is able to carve a rotational role, it'll go a long ways towards solidifying that bench too. I'm hoping it'll be Looney. Jones' injury puts him back into the game around December.

Yep. Looney, mccaw, jones. The logo loves mccaw too

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would the heat retire Shaq's jersey?

why would the Bucks retire Oscar's jersey?

why would the Rockets retire Clyde's jersey?

why would the Lakers retire Wilt's jersey?

I could go on... They all played 4 or less seasons with those teams.
yeah i dont get it. Im not a fan of it. Just my opinion. Im happy my Bulls just dont put up anyone. Im ok celebrating a championship team. that is fine. My Bulls have 4 players and 1 coach that have their name and retired number in the rafters.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Looney, mccaw, jones. The logo loves mccaw too

I don't think McCaw will be able to help right away. He doesn't have the NBA body yet. Needs to add about 10-15 pounds of pure muscle first.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors also have 3 rookies (considering Looney a rookie because he mostly red-shirted last year).

If just one of those 3 rookies is able to carve a rotational role, it'll go a long ways towards solidifying that bench too. I'm hoping it'll be Looney. Jones' injury puts him back into the game around December.

Looney might find his way into the rotation simply because of depth needed on the front court. You also have that kid out of Vanderbilt as well who looks decent. Have you checked him out in the Summer League?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veteran players by reports out there saying they're lining up to play for Golden St. they just need to add a couple of veterans that they can slide into the rotation. If Barbosa possibly finds his way back, then they're still solid off the bench. Hell, they still have Livingston and Iggy coming off the bench. I also think either Rush or Clark will be coming back as well.
No Bigs. Green will play a lot of 5 again and we saw the difference when he plays the 5 more then the 4. He is a great 4 but an ok 5. Again I know its small ball. Its going to be interested to see them up against the Spurs with LA and Pau in the inside.

Again GS are the Favs. Im not taking that away from them.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney might find his way into the rotation simply because of depth needed on the front court. You also have that kid out of Vanderbilt as well who looks decent. Have you checked him out in the Summer League?

Jones is the guy from Vandy. He's out right now after having surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. His timetable for return puts him well past training camp and into December. Really hurts his chances of producing this year for the team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is the guy from Vandy. He's out right now after having surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. His timetable for return puts him well past training camp and into December. Really hurts his chances of producing this year for the team.

That's a bummer.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I didnt see LBJ. Overall they can get rid Iman 9 mill or Frye or Love. They can make it happen if they really wanted to.

Because of Wade's age & the current Cavs roster -- I'd rather have Kevin Love than Wade. (especially if Shump or JR is lost also)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Grizzlies are built well to contend with the Warriors.

Crank up the D... slog the pace... just keep feeding Marc and Zach on the block. Who on the Warriors is going to stop Marc and Zach?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bigs. Green will play a lot of 5 again and we saw the difference when he plays the 5 more then the 4. He is a great 4 but an ok 5. Again I know its small ball. Its going to be interested to see them up against the Spurs with LA and Pau in the inside.

Again GS are the Favs. Im not taking that away from them.

They have Zaza who will be their starting 5. Their best lineups will have Green as the 5.

Zaza does what he's supposed to do. He's not a Dwight, Monroe, Drummond, Whiteside type of center, but he'll get the rebounds and be a pain presence - which is what the Warriors need.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Wade's age & the current Cavs roster -- I'd rather have Kevin Love than Wade. (especially if Shump or JR is lost also)
why Cavs proved they are a better team with out love. Why pay a guy 21 mill? I know I just think they can use that money better if they traded Love.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crank up the D... slog the pace... just keep feeding Marc and Zach on the block. Who on the Warriors is going to stop Marc and Zach?
Yeah I forgot about them. They have an out side shot. Them and Spurs can hurt GS inside.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time the Warriors went against the Grizzlies in the playoffs it was definitely a contested series. But will the Grizz stay healthy. Also, how are the Grizzlies going to be able to guard the Warriors lineup? When Golden St. plays Draymond at the 5 and Durant at the 4 - Randolph and Gasol are going to have to go out on the perimeter. Golden St. now poses a series of match up problems for a lot of teams.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I just think they can use that money better if they traded Love.
Not so sure about that in this market.

21 mill for 15 points, 10 rebounds, and a few 3 pointers a game at 40% clip is awesome value.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the Warriors went against the Grizzlies in the playoffs it was definitely a contested series. But will the Grizz stay healthy. Also, how are the Grizzlies going to be able to guard the Warriors lineup? When Golden St. plays Draymond at the 5 and Durant at the 4 - Randolph and Gasol are going to have to go out on the perimeter. Golden St. now poses a series of match up problems for a lot of teams.
The sick thing is when they go small with Green at the 5. All 5 can hit the 3 at a decent %. All 5 can drive to the basket. Again their weakness with that lineup will be getting rebounds and defending the other team Big but might force the other team not to play a Big.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Everyone always considers the Warriors deficiencies without pointing out their advantages. Warriors would be content trading clean 3 point looks for Durant for having to double hard on Randolph in the post. Draymond in the past has typically guarded Gasol, with mixed results(which in itself is a win really).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely. Warriors are obviously the heavy favorite in that matchup.

I just think the key to stopping the Warriors small-ball is making them pay on the defensive end. There are not many post scorers in the league today that can do that.

Grizzlies happen to start 2 accomplished post scorers and have one of the best all-around defenses in the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that in this market.

21 mill for 15 points, 10 rebounds, and a few 3 pointers a game at 40% clip is awesome value.
Ariza and RJ already proved they can cover that.

Status
Not open for further replies.