• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. Barnes was a very effective spot up shooter throughout his 4 seasons in GS.

Is Durant a better spot up shooter? Sure. Probably... though we haven't see him spot-up shoot much so who knows.

But what really makes the addition of Durant huge is the other stuff he'll do that Barnes could never do.

I'll pose the situation in a different term. If Curry and KD run a pick and roll, can the opposition double Curry as they traditionally do?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. Barnes was a very effective spot up shooter throughout his 4 seasons in GS.

Is Durant a better spot up shooter? Sure. Probably... though we haven't see him spot-up shoot much so who knows.

But what really makes the addition of Durant huge is the other stuff he'll do that Barnes could never do.

In the okc GS series when durant got open it was money almost everytime if i can remember

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 in a row? Thats pushing it
why? Do you see your team and they are all young. No reason not to win 3 in a row. At least 3 out of 4 and not counting last years championship. talking about this group together.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Durant's on a whole different level in shooting. Most of his shots are far more contested than what Barnes has ever had to deal with.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pose the situation in a different term. If Curry and KD run a pick and roll, can the opposition double Curry as they traditionally do?

Yeah, that's a good illustration.

But, imo... the reason the answer is "no" is not so much about Durant's superior ability to pop and hit the 3 (which is true) than it is about his ability to roll and get to the rim or pull up for a jumper (or pump fake on a defender closing out and driving).

The narrative that Barnes is a horrible spot up shooter works because of recency bias... but it just isn't true.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about missing shots in 3 straight WCF games?

Those shots weren't of the same quality that he'll be getting while playing on the Warriors roster. The Warriors roster will allow him to operate more freely where defenses can't focus solely on him. Also didn't help that Westbrook is more of a ball-centric PG who couldn't get Durant into better spots.

If you think Barnes and Durant are of the same caliber shooting-wise than by all means keep thinking that. It's blind homerism.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors also have 3 rookies (considering Looney a rookie because he mostly red-shirted last year).

If just one of those 3 rookies is able to carve a rotational role, it'll go a long ways towards solidifying that bench too. I'm hoping it'll be Looney. Jones' injury puts him back into the game around December.

I think it will be Mccaw.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pat holds off. Wade wants 50 mill instead of 40 mill. If Im Pat I say thanks Wade but I think its time to part ways or at least go look at other teams.

Riley would be a complete dick to do that. Barnes is getting max and Wade cant get 25 lol.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people questioning durants ability to hit a open jumper when barnes at one point missed 14 in a row, seems kinda funny

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Barnes and Durant are of the same caliber shooting-wise than by all means keep thinking that.
Of course not. I've specifically stated the opposite many times.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people questioning durants ability to hit a open jumper when barnes at one point missed 14 in a row, seems kinda funny

I'm not questioning that at all.

I think people are underestimating Barnes ability to hit an open jumper.

Durant brings so much more to the Warriors offense than his ability to hit an open jumper.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning that at all.

I think people are underestimating Barnes ability to hit an open jumper.

Durant brings so much more to the Warriors offense than his ability to hit an open jumper.

Barnes missed 14 straight in the finals..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes missed 14 straight in the finals..

Which has resulted in people underestimating his ability and undervaluing him.

Like I said... he had a rough few games. If those 14 shots mean more to you than the other 2,582 shots he's taken in his career... then go ahead and stick to you conclusions.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which has resulted in people underestimating his ability and undervaluing him.

Like I said... he had a rough few games. If those 14 shots mean more to you than the other 2,582 shots he's taken in his career... then go ahead and stick to you conclusions.

Yeah he can hit a open jumper almost 40% of the time congrats. Rush can do the same with way less money. Hes a better shooter imo too. Im suprised kerr didnt play him much to atleast try. It worked at times when barnes sat.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he can hit a open jumper almost 40% of the time congrats. Rush can do the same with way less money. Hes a better shooter imo too. Im suprised kerr didnt play him much to atleast try. It worked at times when barnes sat.

That's my whole point. There are many people that can spot up and knock down open shots. Durant is one of those people. That's not a reason to be excited about getting Durant, though. The rest of what he brings to the Warriors - that Barnes can't do - is the reason to be excited.

I keep seeing "Imagine all those Barnes shots coming from Durant... these Warriors will be soooo good!".

That is such a shallow look at what adding Durant could mean to the Warriors, imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my whole point. There are many people that can spot up and knock down open shots. Durant is one of those people. That's not a reason to be excited about getting Durant, though. The rest of what he brings to the Warriors - that Barnes can't do - is the reason to be excited.

I keep seeing "Imagine all those Barnes shots coming from Durant... these Warriors will be soooo good!".

That is such a shallow look at what adding Durant could mean to the Warriors, imo.

It's not just Durant's shooting that the Warriors coveted. It's his play making, it's his ability to drive and dish, and it's his ability to get to the freethrow line. Also add in that he's a really good rebounder, and adds size to their small lineup, and he's a perfect fit for the team.

Durant is going to be a much more efficient player in the Warriors system, as will everyone else.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley would be a complete dick to do that. Barnes is getting max and Wade cant get 25 lol.
I agree but he got burned once before with LBJ. KD just screwed OKC. OKC goes and makes a trade that KD liked and he bolts. KD even responded to the trade as a good trade and that it would make OKC better.

Its a business. Im not saying F U Wade from Pat. Im saying look this is what we can offer go out and see if another team will give you 50. If so take it or come back to us and I will break it down for you on how we can get to that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.