• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Durant's shooting that the Warriors coveted. It's his play making, it's his ability to drive and dish, and it's his ability to get to the freethrow line. Also add in that he's a really good rebounder, and adds size to their small lineup, and he's a perfect fit for the team.

Durant is going to be a much more efficient player in the Warriors system, as will everyone else.

Exactly! That has been my whole point. Maybe I haven't been expressing it well, but I completely agree with all of this.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Zach Lowe: I have gotten almost as many angry texts/etc from team execs about GSW getting Zaza for nothing as I did re: GSW signing KD. - via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Zach Lowe: I have gotten almost as many angry texts/etc from team execs about GSW getting Zaza for nothing as I did re: GSW signing KD. - via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA"

Yeah, I can see that because at least Durant is taking the max.

Zaza is pulling a David West.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those shots weren't of the same quality that he'll be getting while playing on the Warriors roster. The Warriors roster will allow him to operate more freely where defenses can't focus solely on him. Also didn't help that Westbrook is more of a ball-centric PG who couldn't get Durant into better spots.

If you think Barnes and Durant are of the same caliber shooting-wise than by all means keep thinking that. It's blind homerism.

Of course not, but whether you want to believe it or not both are 38% career 3 point shooters. KD might have tougher looks obviously. KD is the better shooter but lets not act like Barnes wasnt a very good shooter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley would be a complete dick to do that. Barnes is getting max and Wade cant get 25 lol.

They'll prob settle for the 2/50 if it only means getting rid of McBob.

That's fair.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my whole point. There are many people that can spot up and knock down open shots. Durant is one of those people. That's not a reason to be excited about getting Durant, though. The rest of what he brings to the Warriors - that Barnes can't do - is the reason to be excited.

I keep seeing "Imagine all those Barnes shots coming from Durant... these Warriors will be soooo good!".

That is such a shallow look at what adding Durant could mean to the Warriors, imo.

Still your game plan was to leave guys like barnes open while having to overplay steph and klay. You cant do that anymore

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll prob settle for the 2/50 if it only means getting rid of McBob.

That's fair.

That's fine with me. We're not doing shit this year anyway so give Wade his 2 year $50 mil. If he wants his third year, let him walk. I personally would rather we hit the lottery in this draft anyway.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! That has been my whole point. Maybe I haven't been expressing it well, but I completely agree with all of this.

I think people are over-simplifying Durant's impact on the team. He's not just going to be a guy you plug in for Barnes. He's a complete game changer. He's going to affect the Warriors in multiple ways and it's going to create all sorts of chaos for the opposing defense.

You can't hedge anymore on Curry pick and rolls. If you though Draymond was a wrecking ball in the pick and roll game with his ability to drive and dish, Durant is going to one up that.

Durant will NOT have the same looks that Barnes did. That's because the team will operate differently with Durant on the floor. He's not going to be the 4th option hanging out in the corner. Durant will be involved in every play because he does so many thing, so well. What people are missing is that Durant will allow for an even more efficient offense, which was already so dangerous. The sheer quality of looks Curry, Durant and Klay will get this season is going to seriously piss teams off.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are over-simplifying Durant's impact on the team. He's not just going to be a guy you plug in for Barnes. He's a complete game changer. He's going to affect the Warriors in multiple ways and it's going to create all sorts of chaos for the opposing defense.

You can't hedge anymore on Curry pick and rolls. If you though Draymond was a wrecking ball in the pick and roll game with his ability to drive and dish, Durant is going to one up that.

Durant will NOT have the same looks that Barnes did. That's because the team will operate differently with Durant on the floor. He's not going to be the 4th option hanging out in the corner. Durant will be involved in every play because he does so many thing, so well. What people are missing is that Durant will allow for an even more efficient offense, which was already so dangerous. The sheer quality of looks Curry, Durant and Klay will get this season is going to seriously piss teams off.

Yep. That's a better summary of what I was trying to say. Its pretty scary.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's a better summary of what I was trying to say. Its pretty scary.

Yeah kinda weird how people have been equating KD to like a super 3 and D player. NO. He's Kevin freakin Durant.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kinda weird how people have been equating KD to like a super 3 and D player. NO. He's Kevin freakin Durant.

Yep.

Curry and Thompson are both underrated in their ability to put the ball on the floor and make good things happen if you close out hard on them.... but Durant is that times 5.

I also think Durant's iso abilities will come in handy. The Warriors do not like iso in their offense... but there are moments in the games where it is useful. And if the defense chooses to stay home on Curry and Thompson... that gives Durant so much space to score at will. Small stretches of that to make the defense pay for their strategy could be very useful.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I've been getting that same vibe. Golden St. just upgraded their roster to a whole different level while also eliminating their closest competition in the West with one move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine with me. We're not doing shit this year anyway so give Wade his 2 year $50 mil. If he wants his third year, let him walk. I personally would rather we hit the lottery in this draft anyway.
I was ready for my team to rebuild and we go and sign Rondo. Dont get me wrong its not a bad deal but I ready to get a Top 5 pick and hope Sac finished between 11-14 so we get their pick. 2 1st rd picks and enough for 2 max. Not we only have enough for 1 unless rondo is gone after year 1.

By signing Rondo they need to cut calderon and save 7 mill. We dont need him.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are going to shit on everyone next year. This teaming up shit is ridiculous in this era.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was ready for my team to rebuild and we go and sign Rondo. Dont get me wrong its not a bad deal but I ready to get a Top 5 pick and hope Sac finished between 11-14 so we get their pick. 2 1st rd picks and enough for 2 max. Not we only have enough for 1 unless rondo is gone after year 1.

By signing Rondo they need to cut calderon and save 7 mill. We dont need him.

Yeah, I feel for Bulls fans. You guys have to be hoping that ownership sells that team eventually.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Curry and Thompson are both underrated in their ability to put the ball on the floor and make good things happen if you close out hard on them.... but Durant is that times 5.

I also think Durant's iso abilities will come in handy. The Warriors do not like iso in their offense... but there are moments in the games where it is useful. And if the defense chooses to stay home on Curry and Thompson... that gives Durant so much space to score at will. Small stretches of that to make the defense pay for their strategy could be very useful.
hey 1 positive we will get a LBJ vs KD show down again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine with me. We're not doing shit this year anyway so give Wade his 2 year $50 mil. If he wants his third year, let him walk. I personally would rather we hit the lottery in this draft anyway.[/QUOTE

Assuming no Bosh, I was ( I admit it) getting pretty happy about no Wade.

Realistically, we are way behind the elite now, so the more assets the better

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm all for letting Wade bounce. Personally, I'd like Wade to stay and retire with the Heat. But I like winning titles more in the long run. We're well on our way to a rebuild at this juncture. Better to start now rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.