• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kinda weird how people have been equating KD to like a super 3 and D player. NO. He's Kevin freakin Durant.
i agree with you - but like its been said- there is only 1 ball....and curry, thompson are both already primarily offensive players that are jump shooters....

i love kevin love- and i know durant is way better....but kevin love as the clear 3rd offensive option decreases his value quite a bit to the Cavs...its nice...and he does other things well...but at some point you get diminishing returns on your offense.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm zaza is a pretty tough dude. Hes a solid defender too. Not the defender that bogut is but makes you pay on offense. Curry played great in last years final actually not good this year. Big reason is youre putting 2 to 3 defenders on him and leaving barnes open all game. You cant leave KD now. We have toughness thpugh get outta here with that garbage

Pachulia isn't that great defensively. He's a warm body to throw out there....he hustles and gives 100% effort. But, he's kind of limited. He won't play more than 20-23mpg imo. They'll go small ball a lot.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you - but like its been said- there is only 1 ball....and curry, thompson are both already primarily offensive players that are jump shooters....

i love kevin love- and i know durant is way better....but kevin love as the clear 3rd offensive option decreases his value quite a bit to the Cavs...its nice...and he does other things well...but at some point you get diminishing returns on your offense.

There's a big difference between how the Warriors operate in terms of their offense. The biggest underrated aspect of this is that this move doesn't happen if you don't have a humble (at least basketball-wise) team. Curry isn't looking for shine on the court. Part of his recruitment of KD was that he doesn't care if he takes a back-seat to Durant. It's not about accolades, it's about winning. The guy who suffers the most from this move, Draymond Green, was the biggest recruiter of KD.

The 1 ball theory doesn't apply to the Warriors because of how the Warriors offense is constructed. The Warriors will run an offense where the best shot is taken, every play, regardless of who takes that shot. There will be a learning curve associated with picking up a guy like KD, but if he assimilates correctly, the Warriors offense will be MORE efficient. Diminishing returns only applies if the quality of looks is not up to par. KD and Curry may go from 20 shots a piece to 16, but those 16 looks in terms of quality will be significantly better, meaning there should be a higher percentage. Same with Klay.

The Warriors don't run a ball dominated offense. The ball is consistently in motion, when the Warriors flow is at it's best. The Warriors, as a team, is as unselfish as they come.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....10 pages to catch up on? We're an intense and talkative bunch, aren't we?

LOL. Catching up at work today.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griz have massive issues with the Warriors. They simply can't have a player like Tony Allen or Wroten doing nothing on offense which leaves...85yr old Vince Carter.

Clippers in the playoffs...eh, there is always something with that team.

Spurs? Maybe?

Is he still under contract?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this as a proposed 3-way trade that works for all parties involved via twitter.

Heat get:
Russ Westbrook
Tristan Thompson

Cavs get:
Wade (S&T)
Enes Kanter

OKC get:
Kevin Love
McBob

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are going to shit on everyone next year. This teaming up shit is ridiculous in this era.
I agree, really killed basketball and how people view it. I will still watch games but not as much, regular season is really pointless. I mean even playoff basketball sucks now except for 1-2 series. If I was an owner and saw what is happening why would I spend money on my team with no shot at winning. U wait until you draft that stud and then rebuild.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this as a proposed 3-way trade that works for all parties involved via twitter.

Heat get:
Russ Westbrook
Tristan Thompson

Cavs get:
Wade (S&T)
Enes Kanter

OKC get:
Kevin Love
McBob

Only way this happens is if Riley and Griffin have incriminating photo's of Sam Presti. Good god, OKC would get murdered in this trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So westbrook for porzingas is being floated around

Wow. i think I would do that in a heartbeat if I were Presti. Porzingas, Adams, Sabonis and Oladipo would give a nice young, cost controlled core to build around.

That could be a nightmare for the Knicks though. Rose and Westbrook are redundant pieces, so I don't think they would be legit contenders this year. If Westbrook resigned and Rose walked, it could make sense long term, but I could see that team being just bad enough between injury potential and awkward fit that Westbrook could walk too in 2017.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way this happens is if Riley and Griffin have incriminating photo's of Sam Presti. Good god, OKC would get murdered in this trade.

I agree. OKC's likely going to have Westbrook leave soon as well. McRoberts has two years left on his deal and they'd get Love back who's an all-star player. This wasn't my proposed solution, but it makes sense, and I'd be fine with it. I just don't want Wiggy cheering for my team because of Thompson though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. i think I would do that in a heartbeat if I were Presti. Porzingas, Adams, Sabonis and Oladipo would give a nice young, cost controlled core to build around.

That could be a nightmare for the Knicks though. Rose and Westbrook are redundant pieces, so I don't think they would be legit contenders this year. If Westbrook resigned and Rose walked, it could make sense long term, but I could see that team being just bad enough between injury potential and awkward fit that Westbrook could walk too in 2017.

I agree. Although in a starting line up you can always slide Westbrook to the two and have Lee come off the bench. But yeah, they're both the same type of player - I'd just rather go with Westbrook than Rose from here on out given the injury history.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat get:
Russ Westbrook
Tristan Thompson

Cavs get:
Wade (S&T)
Enes Kanter

OKC get:
Kevin Love
McBob

This would never happen. Why would the Heat sign Whiteside for the max -- then trade for TT. Whiteside would be stuck -- only getting backup minutes behind TT ?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel for Bulls fans. You guys have to be hoping that ownership sells that team eventually.
Its bad they dont anything right. State of the Union speech they said they want to get younger and more Athletic to play at a faster pace. U go and trade Rose for 2 older guys and a young guy with not so much up side. Then you go and sign an older PG in Rondo(yes can pass the ball) who cant shoot to 1-2 year deal for 14 mill. Why? makes no sense. I hate when teams do the in and out of the rebuild mode. Just jump in and start some what over. I mean we have young guys and Butler, we can build around that and hope to land 2 Big time FA next year. Who knows maybe we get Westbrook and Blake to team up with Butler and the young core we have.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat get:
Russ Westbrook
Tristan Thompson

Cavs get:
Wade (S&T)
Enes Kanter

OKC get:
Kevin Love
McBob

This would honestly be pretty awful for Cleveland too. Downgrading from Thompson to Kanter would completely wreck their defense, and exchanging love for Wade costs flexibility and floor spacing.

In other words, good luck!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm all for letting Wade bounce. Personally, I'd like Wade to stay and retire with the Heat. But I like winning titles more in the long run. We're well on our way to a rebuild at this juncture. Better to start now rather than later.
In a way I wish Miami didnt lose their players. I thought you guys were close to competing with the Cavs. It would of been fun to watch Wade vs LBJ match up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would never happen. Why would the Heat sign Whiteside for the max -- then trade for TT. Whiteside would be stuck -- only getting backup minutes behind TT ?

This would be great for the Heat. Thompson would play the 4 and Russ is the best player in the deal by far.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thought of another LeBron-KD showdown was a lot more appealing when it wasn't morphed with a Warriors-LeBron showdown. :tsk:
I agree but LBJ did it twice switching teams to help himself and leaving 2 teams helpless. KD has to eat his words after what he said about going to other teams to create a super teams but Like someone said he wants that title so he isnt in the same conversation as Barkley and malone. Great players that dont win titles.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. OKC's likely going to have Westbrook leave soon as well. McRoberts has two years left on his deal and they'd get Love back who's an all-star player. This wasn't my proposed solution, but it makes sense, and I'd be fine with it. I just don't want Wiggy cheering for my team because of Thompson though.

If you're going to blow it up by trading Westbrook, you'll want a rebuild. Trading Kanter makes sense, but it would make the most sense to just outright clear his cap space.

If OKC really wanted to move Westbrook, the best destination is Boston.

Trade RW and Kanter for Isaiah Thomas, Jaylen Brown, Avery Bradley, 3 1st Rd Picks and a couple 2nds.

Celtics turn into an immediate contender with RW, Horford, Kanter, Crowder and Smart.

OKC has Thomas and Bradley locked up for reasonable contracts, Have Brown and future draft picks. They just shed nearly 40M in cap space and can make runs at next years free agent crop.

That would be the best way to go, iimo.

Status
Not open for further replies.