• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need Crabbe......he's going to get paid too much (based off what others are getting) and he'll be a backup.

Seeing some Laker fans on Twitter say we should go after him.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope by the end of the weekend Al Horford is on the Celtics. We have a slim chance at KD, but Horford would make us a top 2-3 team in the east without making more moves, which we will. I'm still holding out hope we can package together our 2 Brooklyn picks and Crowder for Jimmy Butler. The draft class is star studded next year and that Brooklyn pick has a great chance at being in the top 3 again, if not #1.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Mark Cuban is sitting on his hands.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEND THE CAVS KORVER!!!! you can have Iman Shumpert!!! or nothing and just open up cap space...i dont give a flying fuck! PLLLLLLLEASE griffin make this happen somehow...i want to see Korver shoot 60% from 3 with the open looks Kyrie, Lebron and Klove would get him. the defense might be a bitch, but o well.

C'mon man!! How much more help does Lebron need? :dhd:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are an easy target and Jim got off to such a bad start that he has become the center of the target. All things considered, they've done pretty well in getting things pointed in the right direction. They have good young talent and I believe they finally have the right coach.

Jim's biggest problem at this point is that he needs to keep his damn mouth shut. Apparently, he has a habit of running around telling everyone that the Lakers are going to get every top FA out there. Supposedly he's even been saying that they're getting Westbrook next season.:L

They overpaid for Mozgov, but they needed a solid vet or 2 and Mozgov is a solid vet. It's a pretty safe bet that Luke was consulted before they signed him and thinks he can use him. I've heard some folks saying that since Luke is expected to bring a GSW based offense, he'll be the Lakers version of Bogut while they develop Zubac and/or pursue a better center in future FA.

When all is said done, I'd give them a D for the Mozgov deal and an A for getting Clarkson wrapped up on a very fair deal that will be "cap friendly" going forward.

If the kids continue to develop and improve, FA's will start taking the Lakers more seriously. Possibly as early as the next FA class (but unlike Jim, I'm not going to say they're getting Westbrook. lol).

I think Mozgoc is a solid C. It's not a great move but it's not as bad as some are saying either. He'll mentor Zubac and he can play. I expect 12 and 9, at least with a few bpg.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to have Deng coming off the bench. He'll still get his minutes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the alternative is paying 2 good players 200M.

Mega star>> good.

These owners need an intervention, which I think is coming next summer.
They need to abolish max contracts.
Let owners determine individual player worth, and then have to be smart enough to build a team.

Memphis signed 2 good players to 237 mill but it's not going to result in a title or even a WCF berth. They'll likely make the playoffs and get bumped out in the 1st round, maybe make it to the 2nd.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are an easy target and Jim got off to such a bad start that he has become the center of the target. All things considered, they've done pretty well in getting things pointed in the right direction. They have good young talent and I believe they finally have the right coach.

Jim's biggest problem at this point is that he needs to keep his damn mouth shut. Apparently, he has a habit of running around telling everyone that the Lakers are going to get every top FA out there. Supposedly he's even been saying that they're getting Westbrook next season.:L

They overpaid for Mozgov, but they needed a solid vet or 2 and Mozgov is a solid vet. It's a pretty safe bet that Luke was consulted before they signed him and thinks he can use him. I've heard some folks saying that since Luke is expected to bring a GSW based offense, he'll be the Lakers version of Bogut while they develop Zubac and/or pursue a better center in future FA.

When all is said done, I'd give them a D for the Mozgov deal and an A for getting Clarkson wrapped up on a very fair deal that will be "cap friendly" going forward.

If the kids continue to develop and improve, FA's will start taking the Lakers more seriously. Possibly as early as the next FA class (but unlike Jim, I'm not going to say they're getting Westbrook. lol).

great post...

DEFINITELY agree that Jim just sometimes needs to zip it. best way sometimes is to let the body of work, so to speak, do the talking FOR you...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng is a SF. Maybe you missed it but we just drafted a SF with the 2nd overall pick.

It gives the Lakers the option of bringing Ingram along a little more slowly by starting Deng. It turns the SF position from a position of need going into the draft, to a position of strength and depth.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring Ingram off the bench for 1-2 seasons but it's hard to do that with the #2 overall pick. He needs PT.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gives the Lakers the option of bringing Ingram along a little more slowly by starting Deng. It turns the SF position from a position of need going into the draft, to a position of strength and depth.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.