• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.....Clarkson has the 2 position on lock.
I wouldn't opposed to him coming off the bench, and being the focus of the offense for the 2nd team....but with that said, we have a ton of options. Deng could start/come off the bench, Ingram could come off the bench, or we can try a lineup throughout the game with Randle at the 5. He's 6'9, just as Draymond is, but he's not the defender Green is, so that's gonna take some time...although we have a young team so EVERYTHING is gonna take time

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Clarkson off the bench would give us nice 2nd unit guards.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have been a bench player for the Cavs....he'll be starting and playing 30-32 mpg for us. We needed a C.

And he can still play.....he's hardly ancient. He'll be close to a double-double.

HOPING that knee issue won't be an on-going thing. we're DEFINITELY taking a chance there...

on another note, looking forward to the upcoming Summer League just to see how these young kids are gonna play together...

maybe someone should start a Summer League thread...:lol:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't opposed to him coming off the bench, and being the focus of the offense for the 2nd team....but with that said, we have a ton of options. Deng could start/come off the bench, Ingram could come off the bench, or we can try a lineup throughout the game with Randle at the 5. He's 6'9, just as Draymond is, but he's not the defender Green is, so that's gonna take some time...although we have a young team so EVERYTHING is gonna take time

I've re-thought that comment.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This giant salary jump is no going how I envisioned.

Supply and demand is going to force teams to have a couple gigantic contracts, then a roster of fillers.
If those giant contracts aren't for stars like Durant/Westbrook, James/Kyrie, etc., you pretty much can't win.
Man, I've actually been thinking the other way. If you have 2 mega stars, how can you afford to pay them both 200 mill, while fielding a title team?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOPING that knee issue won't be an on-going thing. we're DEFINITELY taking a chance there...

on another note, looking forward to the upcoming Summer League just to see how these young kids are gonna play together...

maybe someone should start a Summer League thread...:lol:

If he misses 15 or so games.....it gives us Black and Zubac to get some seasoning. I am sure the Lakers took that into consideration before signing him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a backup SG and some league minimum guys to fill out the roster.

Lou Williams is a SG, but at 6'1" that's killing me. don't get me wrong, I like him, but I see some difficulty with bigger guards and him basically fitting into the new system...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I've actually been thinking the other way. If you have 2 mega stars, how can you afford to pay them both 200 mill, while fielding a title team?

Seems the alternative is paying 2 good players 200M.

Mega star>> good.

These owners need an intervention, which I think is coming next summer.
They need to abolish max contracts.
Let owners determine individual player worth, and then have to be smart enough to build a team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the alternative is paying 2 good players 200M.

Mega star>> good.

These owners need an intervention, which I think is coming next summer.
They need to abolish max contracts.
Let owners determine individual player worth, and then have to be smart enough to build a team.

yeah, you were saying lockout looks like a strong possibility. guess we'll see...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting Ingram- I think the Lakers are gonna be just fine in a couple years- that was huge. He is a guy that you can legitimately EXPECT All-Star type play from in his 3rd-4th year probably. Maybe there are only 2-3 of those guys in each draft- sometimes less. Keeping that pick was huge for them and I think will eventually be their spring board to the upper tier of free agents- kinda like how Kyrie tilted LeBron's decision to comeback.

The Lakers are an easy target and Jim got off to such a bad start that he has become the center of the target. All things considered, they've done pretty well in getting things pointed in the right direction. They have good young talent and I believe they finally have the right coach.

Jim's biggest problem at this point is that he needs to keep his damn mouth shut. Apparently, he has a habit of running around telling everyone that the Lakers are going to get every top FA out there. Supposedly he's even been saying that they're getting Westbrook next season.:L

They overpaid for Mozgov, but they needed a solid vet or 2 and Mozgov is a solid vet. It's a pretty safe bet that Luke was consulted before they signed him and thinks he can use him. I've heard some folks saying that since Luke is expected to bring a GSW based offense, he'll be the Lakers version of Bogut while they develop Zubac and/or pursue a better center in future FA.

When all is said done, I'd give them a D for the Mozgov deal and an A for getting Clarkson wrapped up on a very fair deal that will be "cap friendly" going forward.

If the kids continue to develop and improve, FA's will start taking the Lakers more seriously. Possibly as early as the next FA class (but unlike Jim, I'm not going to say they're getting Westbrook. lol).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Wade is interested in possibly playing for the Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.