• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder at what point the league steps in and does something here.

I am trying to think of what happens linearly here.

He has to stay on the Heat roster till February- after that- i dont exactly know what happens. If he does not agree with "retirement"- what is the procedure? Do they just release him?-

I have no clue. This should get very interesting- especially if Bosh continues to insist he can play and doe not give it up.

They'll probably release him in February.

Who's going to sign him? What team in the NBA is going to want to take a chance of someone dropping dead on the court? He just had his 3rd occurrence of blood clots and wants to play on blood thinners. The NBA is a physical game and it's not fair enough to other players who have to watch how physical they get with Bosh. Bosh needs to take his $76 million and retire. Maybe telling his groupie of a wife to shut the fuck up might do him some good.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's going to sign him? What team in the NBA is going to want to take a chance of someone dropping dead on the court? He just had his 3rd occurrence of blood clots and wants to play on blood thinners. The NBA is a physical game and it's not fair enough to other players who have to watch how physical they get with Bosh. Bosh needs to take his $76 million and retire. Maybe telling his groupie of a wife to shut the fuck up might do him some good.
i just dont know if "release" is what will actually happen. Im not sure how it will occur- its - at least from what i havesee n- an unprecedented situation where a team wants to get a guy off the cap- has the ability to keep him off the court- but the guy does not want to retire. If they just release him would insurance even pick it up?

if i were to totally "guess" what happens- i would think at some point there would be a buy-out- bu i dont know how that would effect the HEat's cap going forward.

what it comes down to is that i simply have no clue what the right procedure is for the Heat to keep Bosh from playing and get him off the cap if he refuses to retire. That will be very interesting to see how it goes.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I'm curious where he's getting the idea that he's good2go and that any team in the NBA will buy it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont know if "release" is what will actually happen. Im not sure how it will occur- its - at least from what i havesee n- an unprecedented situation where a team wants to get a guy off the cap- has the ability to keep him off the court- but the guy does not want to retire. If they just release him would insurance even pick it up?

if i were to totally "guess" what happens- i would think at some point there would be a buy-out- bu i dont know how that would effect the HEat's cap going forward.

what it comes down to is that i simply have no clue what the right procedure is for the Heat to keep Bosh from playing and get him off the cap if he refuses to retire. That will be very interesting to see how it goes.

Insurance is covering his salary. Heat really can't do anything once Bosh is officially off the roster. If a team wants to sign Bosh they can do it. But he has to pass a team physical. And from reading another article, I've read that the NBA doctors agree with the Heat for not passing Bosh. I'm sure Bosh is coming with some baggage for whatever team he "tries" to sign with as the NBA will likely get involved at that point. Remember, it's a billion dollar business, and a player dropping dead on the court is bad for business.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got games tonight. Cant wait to watch the Bulls.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 game suspension for Collison

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insurance is covering his salary. Heat really can't do anything once Bosh is officially off the roster. If a team wants to sign Bosh they can do it. But he has to pass a team physical. And from reading another article, I've read that the NBA doctors agree with the Heat for not passing Bosh. I'm sure Bosh is coming with some baggage for whatever team he "tries" to sign with as the NBA will likely get involved at that point. Remember, it's a billion dollar business, and a player dropping dead on the court is bad for business.
what i am saying is i just dont know the mechanics of how that would work.

If they out-right released him i dont see how they would be eligible for cap relief.

usually in this scenario where there is a retirement because of injury concerns- the guy voluntarily retires- and thats how he goes off the cap. If Bosh refuses to retire- the Heat can move to have him taken off the cap after 1 year- but what happens then? does he remain tied to the Heat organization for the next 3 years? if they release him- thatsno t the same as him retiring him- do they still get cap relief?----- obviously if theyreleaseh im andheco mes backelsewhe re he goes back on the Heats cap.

I just dont know how the actual mechanics will work.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they out-right released him i dont see how they would be eligible for cap relief.

usually in this scenario where there is a retirement because of injury concerns- the guy voluntarily retires- and thats how he goes off the cap. If Bosh refuses to retire- the Heat can move to have him taken off the cap after 1 year- but what happens then? does he remain tied to the Heat organization for the next 3 years? if they release him- thatsno t the same as him retiring him- do they still get cap relief?----- obviously if theyreleaseh im andheco mes backelsewhe re he goes back on the Heats cap.

I think it would be fair to assume that if an insurance company is agreeing to pay off on whatever clause is in the contract that it would be universally agreed that he would never be cleared by an NBA team.

Ill repeat, preseason is underway, if hes so ready, lets see him go play in some games where noone but he is liable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This much is certain (as laid out by Windhorst): If Bosh still is out on Feb. 9, 2017, the team and the players’ union will jointly approve of an independent doctor who will review Bosh’s case and make a recommendation to the league. If the doctor recommends that Bosh no longer play because of his health issues, the Heat can take Bosh’s contract off its books for salary-cap purposes. Miami still will have to pay him the $75 million remaining on his contract, though some of it will be covered by insurance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Heatles84 is correct.

They will release him.

Bosh, it seems, will continue to seek other opinions. The Heat could waive him and apply for a CBA rule that would take Bosh’s cap off the books. If that happens, Bosh can still seek employment by another team.

If he were to return, prove doctors wrong and play in 25 games, Bosh’s contract would go back onto Miami’s cap–regardless of the team he plays for.

That would require passing a physical and being cleared to play by another team. It’s unclear if another organization would be willing to take on that risk for a 32-year-old forward who has missed 59 games in the last two seasons.

Chris Bosh on Miami Heat not clearing him: ‘There’s 29 other teams’

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure, but I think the Heat applies for the waiver at the 1-year mark (mid-February) for when he last played a game. Afterwards, I think he's off the Heat roster/waived/retired, etc.... They get the cap space back immediately, but as has been mentioned, they have to hope Bosh doesn't sign with another team and play 25 games before the summer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much is certain (as laid out by Windhorst): If Bosh still is out on Feb. 9, 2017, the team and the players’ union will jointly approve of an independent doctor who will review Bosh’s case and make a recommendation to the league. If the doctor recommends that Bosh no longer play because of his health issues, the Heat can take Bosh’s contract off its books for salary-cap purposes. Miami still will have to pay him the $75 million remaining on his contract, though some of it will be covered by insurance.
that will be VERY VERY interesting to see what the player's union approved independent doctor says in February then- that is FOR SURE.

That is when we will finally get a non-partisan look at what is going on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 weeks until the season starts, can't wait.

Look how excited I am

Kanye-West-Resting-Face.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that will be VERY VERY interesting to see what the player's union approved independent doctor says in February then- that is FOR SURE.

That is when we will finally get a non-partisan look at what is going on.

Seems like only you and Bosh dont see what is going on.
He FAILED his physical and NBA doctor(s) agreed.
Hes had 3 seperate incidents with blood clots.

Ill continue to wait for his propeganda to end via videos of him
shooting foul shots vs videos of him playing full contact basketball.

My guess is that he doesnt even wrestle around on the floor with his kids anymore.

The days of his wife riding him from the top are also probably over.