• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about Parker, think he has some good years left. Manu wasn't shit last year as well.
I agree Manu was shit, he's done. Parker has been declining and I see no reason that trend doesn't continue.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rebuttal on what?

I'm waiting for you to nit pick what the Heat fucked up on as it concerns Bosh. Based on the article that YOU referenced that was written by Windbag - it portrays the Heat as flagrantly mishandling Bosh's situation. Whereas a normal sane person wouldn't even question the approach.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Manu was shit, he's done. Parker has been declining and I see no reason that trend doesn't continue.
yah....Parker will be 35 before the playoffs start and he looked like dog shit at times last year---- ESPECIALLY against fast athletic point guards- which is basically every starting point guard in the West, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for you to nit pick what the Heat fucked up on as it concerns Bosh. Based on the article that YOU referenced that was written by Windbag - it portrays the Heat as flagrantly mishandling Bosh's situation. Whereas a normal sane person wouldn't even question the approach.
where does it say that? please quote the passage of the article you are referencing because after going backan d reading it again i cant imagine which part you are referencing (i am actually rather surprised and impressed you read it- but not surprised you are reading your own take into it)

My take from the article was that the Heat's meteoric rise to center of the NBA was only matched by the Heats' equally fast descent into irrelevance- and that all of the Big Three left/(are leaving) with hard feelings towards the front office.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James on developments yesterday, Heat president Pat Riley saying Chris Bosh's career with team probably over: "I stand behind my brother Chris. The most important thing is his health. Whatever decision he wants to do, I'm all for it. I support him in every way, shape and facet. It's a difficult situation for him. I was pretty surprised to hear that the team was just done with him, for them to come out and say that. But it's not like I've been there. I've only seen it from the exterior. I wish the best for him, he has my support."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where does it say that? please quote the passage of the article you are referencing because after going backan d reading it again i cant imagine which part you are referencing (i am actually rather surprised and impressed you read it- but not surprised you are reading your own take into it)

My take from the article was that the Heat's meteoric rise to center of the NBA was only matched by the Heats' equally fast descent into irrelevance- and that all of the Big Three left with hard feelings towards the front office.

And that's what I'm referencing, it's a very tired schtick that you keep trying to drive.

Lebron left for legacy. There was no way that break up was going to end well. Riley wasn't going to be content with Lebron going back to Cleveland.

Wade wanted money and respect, yet the Heat were willing to move on.

Bosh wants to play and think the Heat are keeping him from playing to get his salary off the books. His failed physical says otherwise. Also, Riley says that his playing career is over with the Heat - doesn't make any mention of his career in basketball being over. Essentially saying - "Hey, if you want to play than that's on you. If you die on the court, we're not being held responsible and having that one fall on us.".

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James on developments yesterday, Heat president Pat Riley saying Chris Bosh's career with team probably over: "I stand behind my brother Chris. The most important thing is his health. Whatever decision he wants to do, I'm all for it. I support him in every way, shape and facet. It's a difficult situation for him. I was pretty surprised to hear that the team was just done with him, for them to come out and say that. But it's not like I've been there. I've only seen it from the exterior. I wish the best for him, he has my support."

And Lebron should shut the fuck up and mind his business. Says he's surprised that the Heat took that approach, then goes on to say that he hasn't been in that situation - which he has zero experience with.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what I'm referencing, it's a very tired schtick that you keep trying to drive.

Lebron left for legacy. There was no way that break up was going to end well. Riley wasn't going to be content with Lebron going back to Cleveland.

Wade wanted money and respect, yet the Heat were willing to move on.

Bosh wants to play and think the Heat are keeping him from playing to get his salary off the books. His failed physical says otherwise. Also, Riley says that his playing career is over with the Heat - doesn't make any mention of his career in basketball being over. Essentially saying - "Hey, if you want to play than that's on you. If you die on the court, we're not being held responsible and having that one fall on us.".
so which part of it is untrue that all 3 left with hard feelings towards the Heats front office? That is absolutely 100% undeniably true. I really have no clue what the heck you are talking about right now.

What? 4 years ago the Heat won the title. 3 years ago they were in the Finals. Now all 3 of the Big 3 are gone- and all of them have left on poor terms.

I mean do you have a point? What are you trying to say?

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so which part of it is untrue that all 3 left with hard feelings towards the Heats front office? That is absolutely 100% undeniably true. I really have no clue what the heck you are talking about right now.

It's the way you like to keep on trolling on how the Heat is an inept organization. Once again, how has the Heat mishandled the Bosh situation? Or are you going to keep ignoring that question because you know I'm in the right.

Bosh can get his panties in a twist over it all he wants. The fucker just had his 3rd occurrence of blood clots. And for Lebron to put his 2 cents in on it like he does with a lot of shit that doesn't concern him makes him look like an ignorant fuck as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the way you like to keep on trolling on how the Heat is an inept organization. Once again, how has the Heat mishandled the Bosh situation? Or are you going to keep ignoring that question because you know I'm in the right.

Bosh can get his panties in a twist over it all he wants. The fucker just had his 3rd occurrence of blood clots. And for Lebron to put his 2 cents in on it like he does with a lot of shit that doesn't concern him makes him look like an ignorant fuck as well.
what?

please show me where I said the Heat was an inept organization by quoting a Windhorst article. What I said was - the HEat had a "meteoric rise" to the center of the NBA and 2 titles- and an equally expedient tumble into irrelevance after all 3 of their stars have left within the span of 3 years on bad terms with the organization. There is absolutely ZERO factually wrong with that statement. It is 100% true and undeniable. I still have no freaking clue what your point is besides trying to shoe-horn in some kind of BS that is just not there.

if you have some kind of point or argument id love to hear it.

Its definitely not a good look when you have the best player in the world, the most popular player in franchise history- and another beloved multi time champion leave while hitting your front office on the way out the door. In my opinion- thats just not a good look. Maybe you think otherwise.

I mean- this is a direct quote from bksballer on September 15th - and while its not like we usually agree on a lot- i do agree on this :

"They kinda need to let him play. It would be a terrible look for the organization to have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all leave on bad terms and would likely hurt us big time when it comes to acquiring big free agents"

you dont?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....Parker will be 35 before the playoffs start and he looked like dog shit at times last year---- ESPECIALLY against fast athletic point guards- which is basically every starting point guard in the West, lol.
He's got health concerns too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got health concerns too.
yah...if you look at his stats you can see over the last 3 years he has begun a steady decline. Think of the other PG's in teh West he might face in a hypothetical playoff series. Its a slaughter. He lucked out in round 1 when Conley was hurt and still didnt play that well- and of course RW clowned him in the 2nd round.

The Spurs will go as far as Kawhi leonard takes him- and while i think he is a phenomenal player- and maybe the best 2 way player in all of basketball he has come up short big time in the playoffs in tight spots over the last couple years when i expected him to take a firm grip on being the leader of that team.

at this point if the Spurs and Clips were playing in a playoff series id take the Clips. Danny Green really played like shit last year too which was disappointing since i have liked him since his Cavs days.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

please show me where I said the Heat was an inept organization by quoting a Windhorst article. What I said was - the HEat had a "meteoric rise" to the center of the NBA and 2 titles- and an equally expedient tumble into irrelevance after all 3 of their stars have left within the span of 3 years on bad terms with the organization. There is absolutely ZERO factually wrong with that statement. It is 100% true and undeniable. I still have no freaking clue what your point is besides trying to shoe-horn in some kind of BS that is just not there.

if you have some kind of point or argument id love to hear it.

Its definitely not a good look when you have the best player in the world, the most popular player in franchise history- and another beloved multi time champion leave while hitting your front office on the way out the door. In my opinion- thats just not a good look. Maybe you think otherwise

I'm willing to look things into context. You like to look at things in a way that favors your argument and/or homer tinted glasses. I'm asking you once again, what should the Heat have done different with Bosh? I don't give two shits about Wade and Lebron. I'm talking about Bosh.

Windhorst is the person you're referencing, the one you're standing by in this argument as you're using his articles to reiterate your tiresome posts. The same kunt who got caught sleeping on national tv.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to look things into context. You like to look at things in a way that favors your argument and/or homer tinted glasses. I'm asking you once again, what should the Heat have done different with Bosh? I don't give two shits about Wade and Lebron. I'm talking about Bosh.

Windhorst is the person you're referencing, the one you're standing by in this argument as you're using his articles to reiterate your tiresome posts. The same kunt who got caught sleeping on national tv.
I have told you a million times what the Heat should have done with Bosh- give it to the league to make a decison instead of unilaterally dictating to him. However- that wasnt even the point- the point is that Bosh feels like the organization pissed on him. Wade was feeling the same way. LeBron in his post championship press conference went out of his way to say how a "certain" member of the Heat front office told him he was making the biggest mistake of his life leaving.

I think that when all 3 of those guys who brought you 2 titles leave within 3 years and all of them are some levels of pissed when they leave- that is NOT what you want to show the rest of the league.

maybe you disagree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have told you a million times what the Heat should have done with Bosh- give it to the league to make a decison instead of unilaterally dictating to him. However- that wasnt even the point- the point is that Bosh feels like the organization pissed on him. Wade was feeling the same way. LeBron in his post championship press conference went out of his way to say how a "certain" member of the Heat front office told him he was making the biggest mistake of his life leaving.

I think that when all 3 of those guys who brought you 2 titles leave within 3 years and all of them are some levels of pissed when they leave- that is NOT what you want to show the rest of the league.

maybe you disagree.

I do. Wade wanted Kobe treatment whereas the Heat saw what happened with the Lakers. Plus, the Heat after signing Whiteside, didn't have the money to give Wade as they only had $20 million. The only way to get rid of McRoberts and his horrid contract was to attach Winslow or draft picks. The Heat made the right choice with Wade at that juncture as a team with just Wade and Whiteside isn't winning shit.

What was Riley supposed to say to Lebron? Hey, good luck in Cleveland, I hope you win. And who knows what really went on there? We know that Lebron gave Riley a pity interview as he already had his exodus planned to Cleveland.

And 9 out of 10 doctors said Bosh couldn't play. He just had his 3rd blood clot and is still trying to play. Had he been on the Cavs this whole time, you'd say that Gilbert and the Cavs are doing the right thing. Since it's the Heat - they're in the wrong.

And yeah, the Heat should let the NBA dictate this.......BOSH COULDN'T EVEN PASS HIS PHYSICAL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe you disagree.

And no, you didn't tell anyone shit. You said that they should let Bosh play. I was saying for months that this was going to go to the NBA after the Heat wouldn't let him get back on the court (and that's the way it's heading). Bosh will appeal later on and the NBA won't let him play either. Bank. On. It.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lebron should shut the fuck up and mind his business. Says he's surprised that the Heat took that approach, then goes on to say that he hasn't been in that situation - which he has zero experience with.

Lebron is one of those famous people who really should just stfu and let people appreciate his talent.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet somehow they managed to be the #2 team in the West and set a record in the process....:doh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Wade wanted Kobe treatment whereas the Heat saw what happened with the Lakers. Plus, the Heat after signing Whiteside, didn't have the money to give Wade as they only had $20 million. The only way to get rid of McRoberts and his horrid contract was to attach Winslow or draft picks. The Heat made the right choice with Wade at that juncture as a team with just Wade and Whiteside isn't winning shit.

What was Riley supposed to say to Lebron? Hey, good luck in Cleveland, I hope you win. And who knows what really went on there? We know that Lebron gave Riley a pity interview as he already had his exodus planned to Cleveland.

And 9 out of 10 doctors said Bosh couldn't play. He just had his 3rd blood clot and is still trying to play. Had he been on the Cavs this whole time, you'd say that Gilbert and the Cavs are doing the right thing. Since it's the Heat - they're in the wrong.

And yeah, the Heat should let the NBA dictate this.......BOSH COULDN'T EVEN PASS HIS PHYSICAL.

i think what you are failing to understand - as usual- is that my opinion doesnt mean dick in this regard, yours does not mean dick in this regard

All of Wade, Bosh and LeBron left on bad terms. No matter what excuses you continue to bring up, no matter what kind of convoluted BS you have in your head- there is nothing changing the fact that the Heat went from the center of the NBA- and a meteoric rise- to going down the ole poop chute and having their entire Big 3 leave disgruntled in a time frame that was shockingly fast.

thats all the article said

thats all i said

again- you turn it into something personal and impute bullshit that does not even exist to get all huffy and puffy.

I would hate to be the guy showing around free agent X when he asks me- Why did the Big 3 all leave on bad terms?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the salaries of Miami Heat players this season

Miami Heat: Team salaries and contracts

i was trying to figure the Heats cap space if Bosh is gone next year.

Is that true that McRoberts is really signed for the '17/'18 season too? I thought this was his last year!!!

If Bosh retires- and this chart is indeed correct- the Heat, next offseason- would have commitments of; 6M to McRoberts, 17M to Dragic, 24M to Whiteside, 12.5 to Tyler Johnson, 6M to Wayne Ellington and about 3 to Winslow and about 2 to Richardson.

McRoberts 6
Dragic 17
Whiteside 24
Johnson 12.5
Ellington 6
Winslow 3
Richardson 2

im sorry- that roster blows for having over 70 million already guaranteed and thats before any kind of raises for Winslow or Richardson.