• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now today as i eat my lunch how i see the league after pretty much all the player movement is over---- before the season begins I will havean official one- and I hope everyone makes a prediction.

Eastern Conference:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Toronto Raptors
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Charlotte Hornets
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Chicago Bulls
9. New York Knicks
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Washington Wizards
12. Miami Heat
13. Orlando Magic
14. Philadelphia 76'ers
15. Brooklyn Nets

Western Conference:
1. Golden State Warriors
2. LA Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Memphis Grizzlies
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. Houston Rockets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz
9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. New Orleans Pelicans
12. Sacramento Kings
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Denver Nuggets
15. Los Angeles Lakers

-FIRST ROUND: EAST- Cavs over Bulls in 5, Celtics over Pistons in 6, Pacers over Hornets in 7, Raptors over Hawks in 6 WEST: Warriors over Jazz in 5, Clips over Mavs in 6, Spurs over Rockets in 6, OKC over Memphis in 7.

-SECOND ROUND: EAST: Cavs over Pacers in 6, Celtics over Raptors in 7 WEST: Warriors over Thunder in 6, Clippers over Spurs in 7.

-CONFERENCE FINALS: Cavs over Boston in 5, Warriors over Clippers in 6

-FINALS: Cavs over Warriors in 7.

-notes: The East has gotten a lot better- it FEELS like Chicago, Washington, New York should all be playoff teams in the East- but the East has gotten a lot steadier- not top heavy- but very good from the 2nd team to the 10th or so team there is not a HUUMONGOUS diffeence.

I think the Rockets have a bounce back year. ---but- i really really think the Clips will have a super motivated Griffin- the best DeAndre Jordan they have ever had coming off his Olympic experience, and CP3 with a lot of urgency--- I think they will be very good.

Hard for me to rank the last 3 teams in the West--- depending on how those teams play- you could rank them in any order.
What in your right mind makes you think the Clippers will be better than SA?? That's crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in your right mind makes you think the Clippers will be better than SA?? That's crazy.
no more Duncan, Ginobili and Parker are getting old- and i think the Clippers are poised to have a very good year.

That still might be something i revise before the official start of the season- but i really think that Griffin will be healthy and supremely motivated after embarrassing himself last year, CP3 will have a lot of urgency- and Deandre will have the most confidence in his career coming off olympic gold.

That- and i think Aldridge and Leonard--- both great great players- but i dont think either one has "Im the Leader" cojones.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no more Duncan, Ginobili and Parker are getting old- and i think the Clippers are poised to have a very good year.

That still might be something i revise before the official start of the season- but i really think that Griffin will be healthy and supremely motivated after embarrassing himself last year, CP3 will have a lot of urgency- and Deandre will have the most confidence in his career coming off olympic gold.

That- and i think Aldridge and Leonard--- both great great players- but i dont think either one has "Im the Leader" cojones.
I disagree- and you forgot to mention that SA picked up Pau. I think you are badly underestimating SA. Who did the Clippers add that will bring enough value to their existing squad that would make them better than SA- or the other 13 teams not named GS in the Western Conf?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

believe CP3 is ALSO "getting old", as is "Truth" and a few others...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree- and you forgot to mention that SA picked up Pau. I think you are badly underestimating SA. Who did the Clippers add that will bring enough value to their existing squad that would make them better than SA- or the other 13 teams not named GS in the Western Conf?

underestimating the Spuds is USUALLY a bad idea...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs should still be really good- i just think the Clips are gonna be better- and the Spurs in the playoffs have not looked good for a while. Plus- i just dont see the urgency being there for the Spurs

Blake Griffin i think is top 5 in the MVP this year. He went through a lot last year and really hurt his reputation and he OWES his teammates all he has- he is entering the middle of his prime and hes one of the best players in basketball when healthy i think. We shall see---- the Clips beat the Spurs in the playoffs 2 years ago and i think this Clips team is better than that one- and this Spurs team is a little worse off.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs should still be really good- i just think the Clips are gonna be better- and the Spurs in the playoffs have not looked good for a while. Plus- i just dont see the urgency being there for the Spurs

Blake Griffin i think is top 5 in the MVP this year. He went through a lot last year and really hurt his reputation and he OWES his teammates all he has- he is entering the middle of his prime and hes one of the best players in basketball when healthy i think. We shall see---- the Clips beat the Spurs in the playoffs 2 years ago and i think this Clips team is better than that one- and this Spurs team is a little worse off.
I think Blake is going to be gone by the deadline.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The melancholy end to the Big Three era in Miami

Outstanding article that only a true insider like B. Windhorst could deliver. Pat Riley's one time masterpiece ends with hurt feelings and embitterment all around;

an excerpt:

Chris Bosh released the third installment of his self-made documentary on Monday, the same day Miami Heat president Pat Riley felt the need for closure by declaring Bosh's career with the team over.

With that, the Heat's Big Three era ended with an unfortunate whimper.

The book on one of the most fascinating periods in NBA history is closed, with the end just as abrupt and surprising as the beginning. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh are all gone, and each of them harbors a level of animus toward the organization where they won two championships along their glamour-filled ride.

"I look back on that time, and I would describe it as epic. And I thought it was going to keep going," Bosh said in his documentary, which carries a now-ironic title of "Rebuilt."

"We had Bron, we had D [Wade]. I realize how special it was now. Back then, we ate together, we practiced together, we played together all the time. We don't have it any more, and I'm tripping. It was just a few years ago -- not even a few -- two years ago, we're playing for a championship. Everybody's gone."

James left to go home to Ohio and tried to exit on good terms. But there have been enough passive-aggressive barbs tossed by James and Riley without mentioning each other's names over the past two years to know that a peaceful breakup was probably impossible. That Bosh was using James' digital media platform, Uninterrupted, to criticize the team in recent days is just another example of their own little war.

Wade walked out on the Heat over the summer, the most popular player in franchise history growing frustrated by a series of contract disputes and perceived disrespect. Riley said Monday he had composed an email to Wade with all of his thoughts on the matter but hadn't yet pushed send. Bosh too had a communication breakdown with the franchise, as the sides ended up corresponding via podcasts, online videos and news releases.

So Lebron's friends let him get in their ear. And yeah, Windhorst has always been biased against the Heat, like anyone gives a shit about his opinion.

Also, how's Bosh going to be able to bash the Heat from here on out about not letting him play? Dude just had a 3rd occurrence of blood clots and now has muscle weakness because of it. His playing days are done. Waiting to hear a rebuttal on that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spurs replaced an aging Tim Duncan with Pau Gasol. I can't fathom how the Spurs got worse in your estimation.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lebron's friends let him get in their ear. And yeah, Windhorst has always been biased against the Heat, like anyone gives a shit about his opinion.

Also, how's Bosh going to be able to bash the Heat from here on out about not letting him play? Dude just had a 3rd occurrence of blood clots and now has muscle weakness because of it. His playing days are done. Waiting to hear a rebuttal on that.

Wasn't James the one who let his great friends opt out of their contracts 2 summers ago when he already knew he was going back to Cleveland?

As far as Bosh's blood clots, obviously it's nobody's fault, but for him to continue on with this campaign to be cleared/play again defies any logic or common sense.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs replaced an aging Tim Duncan with Pau Gasol. I can't fathom how the Spurs got worse in your estimation.
Just depends how much of Parker and Ginobili remain.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ginobili and parker are a year older. danny green took a step back last year. duncan is gone. pau isnt exactly a spring chicken- and the Spurs have shown to be vulnerable the last 2 postseasons. Aldridge is a #2- and Kawhi has not yet taken the step up to be a #1 guy that can put a team on his back and say ITS ON ME.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rebuttal on what?

i dont know what you are waiting to hear a rebuttal on.....do you think Windhorst is making stuff up? Do you think that you are more an authority on how Bosh feels than Bosh himself?

Last edited: