• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel's comments kind of remind me of Monta Ellis, when they asked him about Curry and he said a backcourt of them both wouldn't work. He wasn't wrong.

I remember smdh....

Monta Ellis said:

"Us together? No," Ellis said. "Can't. We just can't. ... Just can't."

"They say you can?" Ellis repeated. "They say you can ... but you can't. I just want to win and you're not going to win that way."

"When you're trying to compare Stephen and you're trying to go back with me and Baron (Davis) playing. It's a different situation. You've got a nine-year veteran who has been in the game and understands the game and knows how to play the game and he's got a big body."

"You can't put two small guys out there and play the one and the two. You've got big two-guards in the league. You just can't do it. Yes, you're going to move up and down but eventually the game is going to slow down. You can't do it."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty close to putting that fool on ignore. I'd like to get back to actually talking basketball with sensible posters. Wiggy likes to talk basketball, but refuses to listen to reason. Automatically, your opinion is completely wrong if it differs from his, and you're an idiot or a dumbass if you say otherwise. I may come across as an asshole, but I can listen to reason and concede if I'm wrong. And I don't look to sympathy on the internet either. Which Wiggy has done multiple times.

Yeah, nobody wants to be preached too.

This is not the Church of Kyrie...lol

Discuss, debate?

Sure.

Listen to sermons, ad nauseam, and being attacked for a differing opinion?

I'm a grown ass woman.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nobody wants to be preached too.

This is not the Church of Kyrie...lol

Discuss, debate?

Sure.

Listen to sermons, ad nauseam, and being attacked for a differing opinion?

I'm a grown ass woman.

And to add to that- you're older than the person trying to do the preaching....:wtf:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember smdh....

Monta Ellis said:

"Us together? No," Ellis said. "Can't. We just can't. ... Just can't."

"They say you can?" Ellis repeated. "They say you can ... but you can't. I just want to win and you're not going to win that way."

"When you're trying to compare Stephen and you're trying to go back with me and Baron (Davis) playing. It's a different situation. You've got a nine-year veteran who has been in the game and understands the game and knows how to play the game and he's got a big body."

"You can't put two small guys out there and play the one and the two. You've got big two-guards in the league. You just can't do it. Yes, you're going to move up and down but eventually the game is going to slow down. You can't do it."

He just spoke the truth on what he felt. He received a lot of backlash for this for not being an ideal employee in propping up the move. But it was generally how everyone felt. Now at the time no one was sure if he was saying he had to go or if Steph had to go. That was also a huge factor in why Lacob got boo'ed on Mullins jersey retirement night.

People loved Monta. It was hard for some to see him go, but it was a necessity. That brought them Bogut and with him came that toughness.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just spoke the truth on what he felt. He received a lot of backlash for this for not being an ideal employee in propping up the move. But it was generally how everyone felt. Now at the time no one was sure if he was saying he had to go or if Steph had to go. That was also a huge factor in why Lacob got boo'ed on Mullins jersey retirement night.

People loved Monta. It was hard for some to see him go, but it was a necessity. That brought them Bogut and with him came that toughness.
Which was too bad for Monta- had he learned how to accept change his career might look different right now after playing with Steph. Just think, right now he could be the #2 guard with Steph playing PG.

GS is better off IMO now with Klay playing the #2 but we can't say for sure what Monta's game might have evolved into playing next to one of the most unselfish PGs in the league.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry.

Monta is one of those Rudy Gay kinda Dudes.

Addition by subtraction.

He was a under dog, 2nd round pick that blew up.

But, he was all about Monta.

I blame the moped crap on the trappings of youth.

But, he had other issues too in Golden State.

I think CJ McCollum is a sensible version of Monta.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was too bad for Monta- had he learned how to accept change his career might look different right now after playing with Steph. Just think, right now he could be the #2 guard with Steph playing PG.

GS is better off IMO now with Klay playing the #2 but we can't say for sure what Monta's game might have evolved into playing next to one of the most unselfish PGs in the league.

It's just not within Monta's skillset to do anything close to what Klay provides for the Warriors. Ultimately a move would have had to be made at some point. Monta could have been made a 6th man type, but the Warriors definitely would never have had any real success with Monta at the 2.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not within Monta's skillset to do anything close to what Klay provides for the Warriors. Ultimately a move would have had to be made at some point. Monta could have been made a 6th man type, but the Warriors definitely would never have had any real success with Monta at the 2.
I agree, which is why I said GS was better off having traded him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry.

Monta is one of those Rudy Gay kinda Dudes.

Addition by subtraction.

He was a under dog, 2nd round pick that blew up.

But, he was all about Monta.

I blame the moped carp on the trappings of youth.

But, he had other issues too in Golden State.

I'm in agreement. I was all for the trade that brought us Bogut.

But I understood the frustration of the other fans. While not logical, emotionally it made sense. The Warriors had been bad for so many years and you have a new ownership group that comes in and says they're about winning championships. Then they trade your best player (albeit not great overall), for an injured center who wasn't going to play a game for us that year, and I get the frustration.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add to that- you're older than the person trying to do the preaching....:wtf:

Outside of maybe 5 or 6 posters, I have no idea how old most people on this site are.

But, if I had to guess.....

40% Baby Boomers, 35% Gen X, 25% milllenials.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of maybe 5 or 6 posters, I have no idea how old most people on this site are.

I think that's a good guess. It's pretty clear by most of his posts that we're older than Russy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness... I remember when the Thunder Cats cartoon was the business!

They were gonna make a movie a few years back.

But, some Joker leaked footage of it on the net, IT WAS AWFUL, so the Studio cancelled it...lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats the cut off for Gen X and Millienials? Just wondering if I have to go out and buy a handle bar mustache or not.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the cut off for Gen X and Millienials? Just wondering if I have to go out and buy a handle bar mustache or not.

1946 - 1964 = Baby Boomers
1964 - 1981 = Gen X
1981 - 2000 = Millennials