• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anyone so universally disliked. What I don't understand is why he continues to post here.
when you mean "universally" you mean- Heat and Lakers fans- which i have already said- i wear that as a total badge of honor. The next person that rants against like a psycho thats not a Laker or Heat fan will the first.

hey- however you want to try and spin it is cool- but everyone has eyes. Its not difficult to see-

heatles, shaqdaddy, dj, you, turnup, bskballer etc....all have something in common...hmmmm......wonder what that is....

by way of example- out of the non Laker/Heat contingency- i def get into it most about basketball with tlance i would say- but despite him being an unabashed kyrie hater we have NEVER gotten into it personally- its because he can actually make a basketball argument and doesnst have to resort to acting like a child.

but whatever- i know facts mean less and less depending on who you are.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you mean "universally" you mean- Heat and Lakers fans- which i have already said- i wear that as a total badge of honor. The next person that rants against like a psycho thats not a Laker or Heat fan will the first.

hey- however you want to try and spin it is cool- but everyone has eyes. Its not difficult to see-

heatles, shaqdaddy, dj, you, turnup, bskballer etc....all have something in common...hmmmm......wonder what that is....

by way of example- out of the non Laker/Heat contingency- i def get into it most about basketball with tlance i would say- but despite him being an unabashed kyrie hater we have NEVER gotten into it personally- its because he can actually make a basketball argument and doesnst have to resort to acting like a child.

You've gotten into arguments with other posters like @tlance , @Hambombs , and I believe even @CitySushi as well. Guess what? They're not Heat OR Lakers fans. Besides, we get a long fine with @Shanemansj13 , @gordontrue and @Sgt Brutus whom are Cavs fans. We get into the occasional argument, but it's good afterwards. A good majority of posters on this forum just simply don't like you as a person - me included.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gotten into arguments with other posters like @tlance , @Hambombs , and I believe even @CitySushi as well. Guess what? They're not Heat OR Lakers fans. Besides, we get a long fine with @Shanemansj13 , @gordontrue and @Sgt Brutus whom are Cavs fans. We get into the occasional argument, but it's good afterwards. A good majority of posters on this forum just simply don't like you as a person - me included.

"a badge of honor"...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

CLEARLY this guy's blind as a bat...:crazy:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the most parts our arguments have stayed towards basketball. Althought I would say that I feel (maybe just my perception), a lot of the arguments we do have the escalation starts on your end towards making things personal. There have been times where I've had to restrain myself or say in a variety of way "dude chill" in response to anger that comes across at me, or in generality with your post.

Not sure if this serves any purpose, just my 2 cents.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most parts our arguments have stayed towards basketball. Althought I would say that I feel (maybe just my perception), a lot of the arguments we do have the escalation starts on your end towards making things personal. There have been times where I've had to restrain myself or say in a variety of way "dude chill" in response to anger that comes across at me, or in generality with your post.

Not sure if this serves any purpose, just my 2 cents.
oh no doub it has gotten heated- ESPECIALLY with Tlance after the garbage with kyrie he spat all winter only to be proven wrong in June-

but i cant remember it ever getting to insults and profanity outside of calling someone a fool and an idiot for saying osmething like- the Cavs wont win and the biggest reason will be Kyrie- LOL---- never the all-out-drag-it out- profanity laced- scumminess that Heatles and his like consistently go to- and outside of a basketball situation. Maybe you do. Only the bitter troglodyte's that root for you know who that i mostly listed above do i believe i have gotten into it with as something more than basketball in anything more than an isloated incident.

any kind of actual proof from those said troglodytes would be far too much to ask- again- facts are not their forte.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers board doesn't seem to get much traffic so I'll comment here on the thread I posted there.

Nerlens Noel has called it "silly" that the team still has Okafor, Embiid, and himself on the roster. I'm not sure if his continued passive aggressive stance on the topic will lead to him being traded but it seems likely. He isn't happy, he's not hiding that fact, and he's probably the least talented of the 3 players (although also the most experienced.) The problem is that it whittles away much of the already limited leverage that the 76ers have in trading one of their big men.

My thought remains that the team goes into the season with all 3, limits Embiid during the first half of the season, and tries to find a trade partner who will take on Noel and give back something of value.

Boston remains the most likely trade partner because of the assets they've got . . . but they also don't want to give anything up. I'm not sure who else fits. I suppose the hope is that a contender loses a big man and the 76ers gain some leverage in a trade with them. The problem with a trade with any contender is that their draft picks aren't very valuable and they're unlikely to offer up one of their important pieces. So you may end up having to trade Noel to a half-decent team for an unestablished young guard or small forward -- Delon Wright, Denzel Valentine, Stanley Johnson, Taurean Prince, Deandre Bembry, Kelly Oubre, Sam Dekker.

Basically, I'm not sure the solution. It may be best to swap him for a 1st rounder, even if that first rounder is virtually guaranteed to be out of the lottery.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doub it has gotten heated- ESPECIALLY with Tlance after the garbage with kyrie he spat all winter only to be proven wrong in June-

but i cant remember it ever getting to insults and profanity outside of calling someone a fool and an idiot for saying osmething like- the Cavs wont win and the biggest reason will be Kyrie- LOL---- never the all-out-drag-it out- profanity laced- scumminess that Heatles and his like consistently go to- and outside of a basketball situation. Maybe you do. Only the bitter troglodyte's that root for you know who that i mostly listed above do i believe i have gotten into it with as something more than basketball in anything more than an isloated incident.

any kind of actual proof from those said troglodytes would be far too much to ask- again- facts are not their forte.

Definition of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You call people names when they get into an argument with you and have a differing opinion than that of yours - which shows extreme immaturity. I take it a step further and insult you with vulgar remarks, because well - it's warranted. As has been mentioned before, you always seem to instigate the situation. And you constantly bring up how I make remarks outside of basketball. So what? Who cares? Does this hurt you personally? If it does, then you symbolize what's wrong with today's generation in getting so god damn sensitive simply by some internet comments off of someone whom you don't even know.

My advice for you - grow a god damn sack or put me on ignore. I've already done that to HurricaneDij considering he acts like a petulant douche bag who's comebacks are "You're a Lakers/Heat fan, so you're spoiled".

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers board doesn't seem to get much traffic so I'll comment here on the thread I posted there.

Nerlens Noel has called it "silly" that the team still has Okafor, Embiid, and himself on the roster. I'm not sure if his continued passive aggressive stance on the topic will lead to him being traded but it seems likely. He isn't happy, he's not hiding that fact, and he's probably the least talented of the 3 players (although also the most experienced.) The problem is that it whittles away much of the already limited leverage that the 76ers have in trading one of their big men.

My thought remains that the team goes into the season with all 3, limits Embiid during the first half of the season, and tries to find a trade partner who will take on Noel and give back something of value.

Boston remains the most likely trade partner because of the assets they've got . . . but they also don't want to give anything up. I'm not sure who else fits. I suppose the hope is that a contender loses a big man and the 76ers gain some leverage in a trade with them. The problem with a trade with any contender is that their draft picks aren't very valuable and they're unlikely to offer up one of their important pieces. So you may end up having to trade Noel to a half-decent team for an unestablished young guard or small forward -- Delon Wright, Denzel Valentine, Stanley Johnson, Taurean Prince, Deandre Bembry, Kelly Oubre, Sam Dekker.

Basically, I'm not sure the solution. It may be best to swap him for a 1st rounder, even if that first rounder is virtually guaranteed to be out of the lottery.

Yeah, it seems Noel is definitely going to be the odd man out. Simmons needs 35 minutes a night this year, good or bad. Embiid needs to play as much as the doctors feel he should. Probably will save him on a few back to back nights or limit him I would imagine to about 20 minutes a game. That leaves Okafor with the remaining 25, and only about 10 minutes a game for Noel, save for the nights Embiid doesn't play.

Noel would actually make a strong trade partner for the Blazers, but after matching Crabbe it doesn't look like they'd part with him this early.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's in the right. The 76ers have been bad for 3-4 years. Meanwhile they've stock piled assets at the center position. This draft was a clear no brainer in getting Simmons who fits the dynamic 4 role for them and a center-piece that the 76ers can build off of. Yet, they still don't have a guard and time is running up on some of their guys where they're going to be off rookie deals soon and may be tired of losing. Judging by Noel's tone, it looks like he's ready to up and leave when he gets the first opportunity. That would certainly be frustrating from a fan point of view where you see your franchise setting up the roster to tank and get into the lottery - yet those draft picks eventually leave.

Here's hoping that they deal Noel and get something in return, because Noel and Okhafor didn't exactly gel together on the court, offensively speaking.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems Noel is definitely going to be the odd man out. Simmons needs 35 minutes a night this year, good or bad. Embiid needs to play as much as the doctors feel he should. Probably will save him on a few back to back nights or limit him I would imagine to about 20 minutes a game. That leaves Okafor with the remaining 25, and only about 10 minutes a game for Noel, save for the nights Embiid doesn't play.

Noel would actually make a strong trade partner for the Blazers, but after matching Crabbe it doesn't look like they'd part with him this early.

I would love to get Crabbe in return. The 76ers were reportedly interested in him during free agency.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel's comments kind of remind me of Monta Ellis, when they asked him about Curry and he said a backcourt of them both wouldn't work. He wasn't wrong.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in the right. The 76ers have been bad for 3-4 years. Meanwhile they've stock piled assets at the center position. This draft was a clear no brainer in getting Simmons who fits the dynamic 4 role for them and a center-piece that the 76ers can build off of. Yet, they still don't have a guard and time is running up on some of their guys where they're going to be off rookie deals soon and may be tired of losing. Judging by Noel's tone, it looks like he's ready to up and leave when he gets the first opportunity. That would certainly be frustrating from a fan point of view where you see your franchise setting up the roster to tank and get into the lottery - yet those draft picks eventually leave.

Here's hoping that they deal Noel and get something in return, because Noel and Okhafor didn't exactly gel together on the court, offensively speaking.

He's right that something has to give. He's not necessarily right that it's silly that the 76ers haven't moved one of the centers. He doesn't know what's been offered for any of the big men. It would be silly for them to trade Noel or any of the big men for nothing.

Sure, it's possible Noel is gone at the first opportunity. Maybe that's even likely. But the 76ers have one center who has never played an NBA game and has a pretty serious injury history and another center who people say can't play defense and doesn't fit in today's NBA. Trading away depth at that position doesn't seem prudent at this point in time . . . unless they get something of value in return. I don't know what's been offered. Noel doesn't know what's been offered. In my opinion, he knows he's the least talented of the three, knows he will eventually lose playing time, and so he wants to be moved. That makes sense. But it also makes sense for the 76ers to: (1) see what rotation works the best with their new centerpiece Ben Simmons, (2) make sure Joel Embiid is healthy, and (3) trade Noel only if they're getting something of value in return.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

You call people names when they get into an argument with you and have a differing opinion than that of yours - which shows extreme immaturity. I take it a step further and insult you with vulgar remarks, because well - it's warranted. As has been mentioned before, you always seem to instigate the situation. And you constantly bring up how I make remarks outside of basketball. So what? Who cares? Does this hurt you personally? If it does, then you symbolize what's wrong with today's generation in getting so god damn sensitive simply by some internet comments off of someone whom you don't even know.

My advice for you - grow a god damn sack or put me on ignore. I've already done that to HurricaneDij considering he acts like a petulant douche bag who's comebacks are "You're a Lakers/Heat fan, so you're spoiled".

ABSOLUTELY...!!

put EVERYONE you don't get along with on ignore, WiggityWack. man, it'd beat the HELL outta having to your crybaby posts every day...

i have a feeling though that you're gonna run outta people quickly to piss and moan to if you do...

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right that something has to give. He's not necessarily right that it's silly that the 76ers haven't moved one of the centers. He doesn't know what's been offered for any of the big men. It would be silly for them to trade Noel or any of the big men for nothing.

Sure, it's possible Noel is gone at the first opportunity. Maybe that's even likely. But the 76ers have one center who has never played an NBA game and has a pretty serious injury history and another center who people say can't play defense and doesn't fit in today's NBA. Trading away depth at that position doesn't seem prudent at this point in time . . . unless they get something of value in return. I don't know what's been offered. Noel doesn't know what's been offered. In my opinion, he knows he's the least talented of the three, knows he will eventually lose playing time, and so he wants to be moved. That makes sense. But it also makes sense for the 76ers to: (1) see what rotation works the best with their new centerpiece Ben Simmons, (2) make sure Joel Embiid is healthy, and (3) trade Noel only if they're getting something of value in return.

I can agree with that. I think the franchise is going to go with Simmons (so long as he's not the biggest bust in history) and would like to see which center compliments his skill set the best. Overall, I think Okhafor gives you the best trade value that he doesn't have any injury history compared to Noel and Embiid, respectively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABSOLUTELY...!!

put EVERYONE you don't get along with on ignore, WiggityWack. man, it'd beat the HELL outta having to your crybaby posts every day...

i have a feeling though that you're gonna run outta people quickly to piss and moan to quickly if you do...

Yeah, I'm pretty close to putting that fool on ignore. I'd like to get back to actually talking basketball with sensible posters. Wiggy likes to talk basketball, but refuses to listen to reason. Automatically, your opinion is completely wrong if it differs from his, and you're an idiot or a dumbass if you say otherwise. I may come across as an asshole, but I can listen to reason and concede if I'm wrong. And I don't look to sympathy on the internet either. Which Wiggy has done multiple times.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty close to putting that fool on ignore. I'd like to get back to actually talking basketball with sensible posters. Wiggy likes to talk basketball, but refuses to listen to reason. Automatically, your opinion is completely wrong if it differs from his, and you're an idiot or a dumbass if you say otherwise. I may come across as an asshole, but I can listen to reason and concede if I'm wrong. And I don't look to sympathy on the internet either. Which Wiggy has done multiple times.

agreed...

nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints, but it's a complete waste of time when the other party is too arrogant/egotistical/foolish to rationally debate and see the faults in his own arguments...also agree with you on this "sympathy" angle. it's a sports message board. we're ALL essentially strangers...

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo Williams was going to retire---- then was coming back- now apparently is going to retire---- just couldnt do it with his knee condition.

Glad Mo Williams can go out on top as a champion and that he was able to finish the business he started here with LeBron years ago. Class act and a very talented player. He will be missed.

Kay Felder? you are up bro. No Pressure!!!!

Norris Cole??? Sure you dont want to play on a 1 year deal and get your dollars up?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo Williams was going to retire---- then was coming back- now apparently is going to retire---- just couldnt do it with his knee condition.

Glad Mo Williams can go out on top as a champion and that he was able to finish the business he started here with LeBron years ago. Class act and a very talented player. He will be missed.

Kay Felder? you are up bro. No Pressure!!!!

Norris Cole??? Sure you dont want to play on a 1 year deal and get your dollars up?

Did you see this?

I know Blatt got one too.

But, Fuck that Dude.

Marc Stein: Anderson Varejao says the Cavaliers have indeed offered him a championship ring but says he hasn’t decided yet whether to accept it.
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine