• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a millennial as well, but I live like I'm 62.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generation Z

I'm millennial as well, but just barely (1983)

I'm Degeneration.....

5.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you mean "universally" you mean- Heat and Lakers fans-

No. By universally...I mean everyone. You literally don't get along with anyone in here except Hurricane who is almost as disliked as you are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The melancholy end to the Big Three era in Miami

Outstanding article that only a true insider like B. Windhorst could deliver. Pat Riley's one time masterpiece ends with hurt feelings and embitterment all around;

an excerpt:

Chris Bosh released the third installment of his self-made documentary on Monday, the same day Miami Heat president Pat Riley felt the need for closure by declaring Bosh's career with the team over.

With that, the Heat's Big Three era ended with an unfortunate whimper.

The book on one of the most fascinating periods in NBA history is closed, with the end just as abrupt and surprising as the beginning. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh are all gone, and each of them harbors a level of animus toward the organization where they won two championships along their glamour-filled ride.

"I look back on that time, and I would describe it as epic. And I thought it was going to keep going," Bosh said in his documentary, which carries a now-ironic title of "Rebuilt."

"We had Bron, we had D [Wade]. I realize how special it was now. Back then, we ate together, we practiced together, we played together all the time. We don't have it any more, and I'm tripping. It was just a few years ago -- not even a few -- two years ago, we're playing for a championship. Everybody's gone."

James left to go home to Ohio and tried to exit on good terms. But there have been enough passive-aggressive barbs tossed by James and Riley without mentioning each other's names over the past two years to know that a peaceful breakup was probably impossible. That Bosh was using James' digital media platform, Uninterrupted, to criticize the team in recent days is just another example of their own little war.

Wade walked out on the Heat over the summer, the most popular player in franchise history growing frustrated by a series of contract disputes and perceived disrespect. Riley said Monday he had composed an email to Wade with all of his thoughts on the matter but hadn't yet pushed send. Bosh too had a communication breakdown with the franchise, as the sides ended up corresponding via podcasts, online videos and news releases.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol ive been around just on the fantasy football forum though lol
i have a feeling your Rangers and my Tribe will be matching up at some point this October.

I have a feeling Lucroy will get plenty of boo's but have a big series. Adrian Beltre scares the crap outta me. What a freaking pro and he has gotten scorching hot this fall. RAngers def have a great lineup- and Hamels out front......the bullpen a little shaky.

What is the Rangers rotation for a playoff series if you were to guess? 3 man? 4 man? and who?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now today as i eat my lunch how i see the league after pretty much all the player movement is over---- before the season begins I will havean official one- and I hope everyone makes a prediction.

Eastern Conference:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Toronto Raptors
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Charlotte Hornets
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Chicago Bulls
9. New York Knicks
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Washington Wizards
12. Miami Heat
13. Orlando Magic
14. Philadelphia 76'ers
15. Brooklyn Nets

Western Conference:
1. Golden State Warriors
2. LA Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Memphis Grizzlies
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. Houston Rockets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz
9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. New Orleans Pelicans
12. Sacramento Kings
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Denver Nuggets
15. Los Angeles Lakers

-FIRST ROUND: EAST- Cavs over Bulls in 5, Celtics over Pistons in 6, Pacers over Hornets in 7, Raptors over Hawks in 6 WEST: Warriors over Jazz in 5, Clips over Mavs in 6, Spurs over Rockets in 6, OKC over Memphis in 7.

-SECOND ROUND: EAST: Cavs over Pacers in 6, Celtics over Raptors in 7 WEST: Warriors over Thunder in 6, Clippers over Spurs in 7.

-CONFERENCE FINALS: Cavs over Boston in 5, Warriors over Clippers in 6

-FINALS: Cavs over Warriors in 7.

-notes: The East has gotten a lot better- it FEELS like Chicago, Washington, New York should all be playoff teams in the East- but the East has gotten a lot steadier- not top heavy- but very good from the 2nd team to the 10th or so team there is not a HUUMONGOUS diffeence.

I think the Rockets have a bounce back year. ---but- i really really think the Clips will have a super motivated Griffin- the best DeAndre Jordan they have ever had coming off his Olympic experience, and CP3 with a lot of urgency--- I think they will be very good.

Hard for me to rank the last 3 teams in the West--- depending on how those teams play- you could rank them in any order.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now today as i eat my lunch how i see the league after pretty much all the player movement is over---- before the season begins I will havean official one- and I hope everyone makes a prediction.

Eastern Conference:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Toronto Raptors
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Charlotte Hornets
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Chicago Bulls
9. New York Knicks
10. Milwaukee Bucks
11. Washington Wizards
12. Miami Heat
13. Orlando Magic
14. Philadelphia 76'ers
15. Brooklyn Nets

Western Conference:
1. Golden State Warriors
2. LA Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Memphis Grizzlies
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. Houston Rockets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz
9. Portland Trailblazers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. New Orleans Pelicans
12. Sacramento Kings
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Denver Nuggets
15. Los Angeles Lakers

-FIRST ROUND: EAST- Cavs over Bulls in 5, Celtics over Pistons in 6, Pacers over Hornets in 7, Raptors over Hawks in 6 WEST: Warriors over Jazz in 5, Clips over Mavs in 6, Spurs over Rockets in 6, OKC over Memphis in 7.

-SECOND ROUND: EAST: Cavs over Pacers in 6, Celtics over Raptors in 7 WEST: Warriors over Thunder in 6, Clippers over Spurs in 7.

-CONFERENCE FINALS: Cavs over Boston in 5, Warriors over Clippers in 6

-FINALS: Cavs over Warriors in 7.

-notes: The East has gotten a lot better- it FEELS like Chicago, Washington, New York should all be playoff teams in the East- but the East has gotten a lot steadier- not top heavy- but very good from the 2nd team to the 10th or so team there is not a HUUMONGOUS diffeence.

I think the Rockets have a bounce back year. ---but- i really really think the Clips will have a super motivated Griffin- the best DeAndre Jordan they have ever had coming off his Olympic experience, and CP3 with a lot of urgency--- I think they will be very good.

Hard for me to rank the last 3 teams in the West--- depending on how those teams play- you could rank them in any order.

This shit can't be right. I got the Nuggets & 76ers in the Finals this year.