• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know what the Lakers have to do with it, but as usual you'll shift the focus to them. no surprise there...

but yep, looking for good things outta the kid. especially once he packs on a few more pounds...

as far as the rest I simply look for improvement. just like I've posted before. it won't be a great year record-wise but we all know that going in...
as far as i know this is the general thread- and as we seemed to have exhausted the point of conversation with the Cavs- i just wanted to know your Lakers opinion.

What would you consider improvement? --- Personally- like the Browns this year- who will have a horrible record- the most important thing is to see the young guys improve...however unlike in the NFL- having a good record to stando n with free agents is a lot more important in the NBA.

I think that is the main conflict with the Lakers this year --- (i) be bad enough to keep their #1 pick possibly, but (ii) show enough improvement so that free agents think its an actual viable option. Whether the Lakers overo r under achieve- i think its fair tos ay they will be somewhere between the worst team in the WEst- and the 4th worst team in the West- jumbled up with the Nuggets, Suns and possibly Kings.

Ideally- they suck enough to keep their pick- which i think has a decent shot- but you show enough improvement where a high level free agent would actually consider signing there. Not sure where those 2 goals cross.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as i know this is the general thread- and as we seemed to have exhausted the point of conversation with the Cavs- i just wanted to know your Lakers opinion.

What would you consider improvement? --- Personally- like the Browns this year- who will have a horrible record- the most important thing is to see the young guys improve...however unlike in the NFL- having a good record to stando n with free agents is a lot more important in the NBA.

I think that is the main conflict with the Lakers this year --- (i) be bad enough to keep their #1 pick possibly, but (ii) show enough improvement so that free agents think its an actual viable option. Whether the Lakers overo r under achieve- i think its fair tos ay they will be somewhere between the worst team in the WEst- and the 4th worst team in the West- jumbled up with the Nuggets, Suns and possibly Kings.

Ideally- they suck enough to keep their pick- which i think has a decent shot- but you show enough improvement where a high level free agent would actually consider signing there. Not sure where those 2 goals cross.

things i'd consider improvement...

1) team chemistry-how well do the players play with/off of one another...

and1 ) how well they get along with each other...

2)coaching -how well does Luke Walton manage minutes, player 'egos', how well are game plans executed, and of course how well he can adjust on the fly...

3)desire-i'd say desire to get better each game, to learn from winning AND losing...

afew off the top of my head. considering where we're at you can't count improvement by wins and losses alone. But the elements i just put out there would kinda gauge our future...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ keeping the #1 pick. No chance the Lakers will be that bad.

They have been stockpiling talent and they hired a new coach (only time will tell if he's the right choice, I love Luuuuuuke but it's a tough call right now), it's time to show some serious improvement. They'll win 32-34 games. And if they ball out, I could see them being right around .500.

This young team is going to surprise a lot of people now that Kobe's gone and they have a chance to shine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have been stockpiling talent and they hired a new coach (only time will tell if he's the right choice, I love Luuuuuuke but it's a tough call right now), it's time to show some serious improvement. They'll win 32-34 games. And if they ball out, I could see them being right around .500.

This young team is going to surprise a lot of people now that Kobe's gone and they have a chance to shine.
where are you performing this routine this weekend? I hear there are a lot of good stand up comedy places in the LA area. I will have to let my buddy in Huntington Beach know where you are performing....he is always up for a good laugh.

i dont think Vegas has even the Twolves at .500 in the West...or even the Pelicans...probably not even the Jazz.....right? no?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 month avatar bet....you think 32-34 wins? in the west???

you WIN if the Lakers just get to 29. I win if its 28 or under. If the Lakers get to .500 you can ban me for amo nth. if they win 20 games or less I get to ban you for a month.

????

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great Michael Beasley has been traded to the Bucks for Tyler Ennis. Definitely helps the Bucks to add some scoring with Middleton out.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they have plenty of scoring, Harden, Ryan Anderson, Ariza, Nene, Eric Gordon, Motiejunas. They've got plenty of guys to put the ball in the basket.

lol well you got me there, but the way HE does things you'd think he couldn't get his hands on enough scorers...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has really gotten some good and interesting guests. Nas was actually way better than KD on it. Kd was kinda ackward to be honest. He didnt look comfortable in his own skin if that makes sense.

To me, KD never looks like he's comfortable in interviews. I think he's one of those guys that would rather just play the game and go home. Not as bad a Marshawn Lynch was, but definitely not comfortable in front of a camera.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the funny irony of a Lakers fan calling any NBAer a jackass. Kobe is still (and always will be ) the bigger jackass of the two.:nod:

The difference between Lakers fans and Cavs fans/Lebroniacs is that Lakers fans are the first to admit that Kobe was a jackass.

Cavs fans and Lebroniacs think Lebron can do no wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Lakers fans and Cavs fans/Lebroniacs is that Lakers fans are the first to admit that Kobe was a jackass.

Cavs fans and Lebroniacs think Lebron can do no wrong.

Can't argue w/ that. Although not sure if all Cavs fans are as homeristic as Wiggy.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again- you said the same stuff last year and ended up looking like the total and complete fool that you are.

I do wonder how many straight finals lebron will make before its over....

if i were to put the over under at 8 would u go over or under?

And you said it the previous year they got beat on their own court.... and you said that LBJ wasn't leaving Cleveland when he did....what is your point here?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks have lost Middleton for 6 months. He has a torn hamstring.