• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...keep coming man...it cracks me up....a Lakers fan trying to annoy me talking about the reigning World Champion Cleveland Cavaliers--- on a Cavs team that is POSITIVELY STACKED- with the best player in the world and one of the best all time just signing a multi-year deal- with one of the best up and coming stars in the game hitting a last second game winning shot in the eye of the reigning MVP in game 7 of the Finals? With a totally wide open road to the NBA Finals once again?

lets go...lol......keep it coming.....this is GREAT stuff. Ill talk about the reigning NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and their road to defending their title on a positively loaded team with the NBA's highest payroll and one of its very best owners ALL DAY.

lotta words, no betting. guess you're "laughing" on the outside, but DEFINITELY crying on the inside...

like me and anyone ELSE who reads your trash doesn't know BULLSHIT when they see it...

it's really black and white here, WiggityWack. either grow a pair and bet, or slink away and make more excuses...

#nowheretohide:dhd:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again- you said the same stuff last year and ended up looking like the total and complete fool that you are.

I do wonder how many straight finals lebron will make before its over....

if i were to put the over under at 8 would u go over or under?

last year AGAIN. ho-hum...

least I had the balls to back it up with a bet, while you lurked in the shadows sweating bullets...:lol:

we betting now or not...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lotta words, no betting. guess you're "laughing on the outside, but DEFINITELY crying on the inside...

like me and anyone ELSE who reads your trash doesn't know BULLSHIT when they see it...

it's really black and white here, WiggityWack. either grow a pair and bet, or slink away and make more excuses...

#nowheretohide:dhd:
LOL are you seriously delusional?

crying on the inside?!!! THE CAVS JUST WON THE TITLE DURING THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE! LEBron just signed a multi-year deal that was not expected. Kyrie Irving took the leap from really good to freaking great.

There has NEVER been a better time to be a Cavs fan- the Cavs have ZERO pressure on them which is UNHEARD of for a defending champion due to GSW's moves- and have a WIDE OPEN road to the Finals....

I think you are confusing who should be crying inside due to their basketball team. LOL.......

Maybe you meant crying tears of joy? LOL....

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may I introduce the board to WiggityWack, the broken record...?

"but LAST year"...*tick*

"but LAST year"...*tick*

"but LAST year"...*tick*

sheesh...:L

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL are you seriously delusional?[/B]

crying on the inside?!!! THE CAVS JUST WON THE TITLE DURING THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE! LEBron just signed a multi-year deal that was not expected. Kyrie Irving took the leap from really good to freaking great.

There has NEVER been a better time to be a Cavs fan- the Cavs have ZERO pressure on them which is UNHEARD of for a defending champion due to GSW's moves- and have a WIDE OPEN road to the Finals....

I think you are confusing who should be crying inside due to their basketball team. LOL.......

Maybe you meant crying tears of joy? LOL....

nope, but YOU'RE seriously a coward...

"but LAST year...*tick*

keep it up...:pound::pound::pound::pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, but YOU'RE seriously a coward...

"but LAST year...*tick*

keep it up...:pound::pound::pound::pound:
of course i will keep it up. The Reigning World Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and the King of the NBA have not even gotten their rings yet. Its gonna be a long, fun, celebration of a season right up until about April when things start to get serious.

There is no pressure. Shit- last January the Cavs FIRED their coach- and fools like you thought they had no chance to beat GSW.

This year?--- we have a ring ceremony on opening night. No one in the East made a move to scare the Cavs so their road is wide open to the Finals as long as the injury bug doesnt hit, and the King of the NBA is signed on to a multi year extension.

This whole SEASON is going to a long celebration of that title until about April....I truly truly hope you enjoy it as much as I am going to! Its gonna be fun!

again--- If i were to put LeBron's over under on straight Final's appearances at 8- would you go over or under?

King James. Long may he reign! lol.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course i will keep it up. The Reigning World Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and the King of the NBA have not even gotten their rings yet. Its gonna be a long, fun, celebration of a season right up until about April when things start to get serious.

There is no pressure. Shit- last January the Cavs FIRED their coach- and fools like you thought they had no chance to beat GSW.

This year?--- we have a ring ceremony on opening night. No one in the East made a move to scare the Cavs so their road is wide open to the Finals as long as the injury bug doesnt hit, and the King of the NBA is signed on to a multi year extension.

This whole SEASON is going to a long celebration of that title until about April....I truly truly hope you enjoy it as much as I am going to! Its gonna be fun!

guess you think you're gonna BORE me away...:yawning:

simple, cut and dried here, WiggityWack. put up, or SHUT up...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess you think you're gonna BORE me away...:yawning:

simple, cut and dried here, WiggityWack. put up, or SHUT up...
cmon...

if you were to guess- what do you think about LeBron's chances on an over under on 8 straight Finals appearances?

Do you think its a push and he makes 8 straight?--- or it ends at 7 after this year? or are you like me and suspect it will go 9-10 years?

can you even imagine watching King James in the Finals for 10 straight years? that would be insane. I just KNOW you are hoping for it just as much as I am...right?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon...

if you were to guess- what do you think about LeBron's chances on an over under on 8 straight Finals appearances?

Do you think its a push and he makes 8 straight?--- or it ends at 7 after this year? or are you like me and suspect it will go 9-10 years?

can you even imagine watching King James in the Finals for 10 straight years? that would be insane.

oooo, even BETTER question. do YOU think it matters if he gets 8 straight with a 3-5 record in the finals after next June...?

trust me, i'm rather HOPING LeClown makes it back again just to see his heart ripped out like we've all seen before...:sadbron:

still waiting for you to approve that bet there, chicken little...:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooo, even BETTER question. do YOU think it matters if he gets 8 straight with a 3-5 record in the finals after next June...?

trust me, i'm rather HOPING LeClown makes it back again just to see his heart ripped out like we've all seen before...:sadbron:

Well i definitely think in todays 30 team league- making the Finals 8 straight times- or even more- would be a ridiculous accomplishment.

Think of what you have to do to accomplish something like that- HE is without a doubt the best player of his ERA- and has been the best player for a stretch of time not seen in the NBA in decades. To have that kind of stamina and durability just proves how much of a truly rare and physical abberation that LeBron is. You simply cannot apply normal rules and thinking to LeBron. He is a statistical outlier. He is the exception to all the rules. He is just that freaking good.

So yes- I do think it matters. In and of itself- making that many Finals in a row would be an incredible accomplishment in talent, durability, self sacrifice, intelligence, planning, etc- but in the end- when you are just a flat out specimen and outlier like LEBron is- the normal rules just dont apply and anything is possible.

You will never see that kind of dominance again in a 30 team NBA- sure the old time Celtics of Russell made a ton of Finals in a talent-thin 14 team league. To have that kind of CONSISTENT GREATNESS in todays NBA?

never has been seen before and will never be seen again.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i definitely think in todays 30 team league- making the Finals 8 straight times- or even more- would be a ridiculous accomplishment.

Think of what you have to do to accomplish something like that- HE is without a doubt the best player of his ERA- and has been the best player for a stretch of time not seen in the NBA in decades. To have that kind of stamina and durability just proves how much of a truly rare and physical abberation that LeBron is. You simply cannot apply normal rules and thinking to LeBron. He is a statistical outlier. He is the exception to all the rules. He is just that freaking good.

So yes- I do think it matters. In and of itself- making that many Finals in a row would be an incredible accomplishment in talent, durability, self sacrifice, intelligence, planning, etc- but in the end- when you are just a flat out specimen and outlier like LEBron is- the normal rules just dont apply and anything is possible.

You will never see that kind of dominance again in a 30 team NBA- sure the old time Celtics of Russell made a ton of Finals in a talent-thin 14 team league. To have that kind of CONSISTENT GREATNESS in todays NBA?

never has been seen before and will never be seen again.

that's nice. great player but STILL one of the biggest jackasses that ever played the game...

never doubted he was great. just said I don't have to like him. STILL maintain that and always will...

trust me, it will NOT break my heart if he's "never seen again" as you put it. and don't worry. the way things are going with today's athletes you might see someone BETTER in the not-too-distant future. but when that time arrives i'm sure you'll be sporting that guy's jersey and claiming false fanship...:lol:

now then, back to the bottom line. we betting or what...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's nice. great player but STILL one of the biggest jackasses that ever played the game...

never doubted he was great. just said I don't have to like him. STILL maintain that and always will...

trust me, it will NOT break my heart if he's "never seen again" as you put it. and don't worry. the way things are going with today's athletes you might see someone BETTER in the not-too-distant future. but when that time arrives i'm sure you'll be sporting that guy's jersey and claiming false fanship...:lol:

now then, back to the bottom line. we betting or what...?
As i did last year when I won my bet- I will gladly entertain any bet on the Finals when the Finals starts. If LeBron James lands wrong on his ankle in game 5 of the EAstern Conference Finals and is out- its all for naught. If Kyrie wipes his knee out going to the rim in the 2nd round and is out for the playoffs- the Cavs have practically no chance. It wouldnt be a bet to win the Finals- it would be a bet to win the Finals AND have the Cavs healthy. No way can you know that in September.

As last year when I won my bet and you lost your bet- I will gladly entertain any bet at the appropriate time.

I will tell you emphatically- if the CAvs show up to the Finals healthy- you will once again be watching Dan Gilbert hoist a World Championship trophy and once again confirm his place among the very top tier of owners in the NBA.

I actually think KEvin Love has gotten underated and think he is in for a huge year this year- as the Cavs will be going out of their way to do everything they can to make sure a healthy LEBron and Kyrie show up for game 1 of the playoffs- however- after that- their is only so much you can do. No team has ever won an NBA title without a little good fortune.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Shumpert is gonna have a bounce back year too. He is important this year. He can play some backup PG if needed. He really didnt have a very good year last year and it was a little disappointing. He can be a really big part of this team if he is hitting his shots because his defense is so important- and when he is on and healthy he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

One of the concerns for any reigning champion is not getting stale - and injecting new life from the team- and getting big years out of guys.

While the Cavs didnt make a ton of moves in the offseason I think they did enough where they have some upside over last year and can be even better this year

why?

1. I think Kyrie being healthy going into the year and the confidence and experience he derived from the Finals and the Olympics should only continue to elevate him. Reigning starting point guard on the NBA Champions and Gold Medal Olympic team- 24 years old. Pretty cool.

2. As i said above- I think Shump will have a bounce back year

3. Mike Dunleavy- very underated acquisition. Like RJ last year- he can have a real positive effect- and should absolutely go BOMBS AWAY from behind the 3 pt line. He will have never seen so many open shots in his entire career as he will playing with Bron, KI and KLove.

4. Thompson is firmly entrenched as a starter- and his growing confidence and expanding game should help continue his ascent as one of the most valuable and versatile big men out there.

5. This is prob the most important- a FULL YEAR of Ty Lue in his system.

6. Directly realtes to above- Kevin Love is gonna have a big time year. He is fully healthy after beginning last y ear still coming off shoulder surgery. A full year under Lue's game plan- and an expanded role- and I think Love gets some of his mojo back.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great player but STILL one of the biggest jackasses that ever played the game...

Oh the funny irony of a Lakers fan calling any NBAer a jackass. Kobe is still (and always will be ) the bigger jackass of the two.:nod:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Shumpert is gonna have a bounce back year too. He is important this year. He can play some backup PG if needed. He really didnt have a very good year last year and it was a little disappointing. He can be a really big part of this team if he is hitting his shots because his defense is so important- and when he is on and healthy he is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

One of the concerns for any reigning champion is not getting stale - and injecting new life from the team- and getting big years out of guys.

While the Cavs didnt make a ton of moves in the offseason I think they did enough where they have some upside over last year and can be even better this year

why?

1. I think Kyrie being healthy going into the year and the confidence and experience he derived from the Finals and the Olympics should only continue to elevate him. Reigning starting point guard on the NBA Champions and Gold Medal Olympic team- 24 years old. Pretty cool.

2. As i said above- I think Shump will have a bounce back year

3. Mike Dunleavy- very underated acquisition. Like RJ last year- he can have a real positive effect- and should absolutely go BOMBS AWAY from behind the 3 pt line. He will have never seen so many open shots in his entire career as he will playing with Bron, KI and KLove.

4. Thompson is firmly entrenched as a starter- and his growing confidence and expanding game should help continue his ascent as one of the most valuable and versatile big men out there.

5. This is prob the most important- a FULL YEAR of Ty Lue in his system.

6. Directly realtes to above- Kevin Love is gonna have a big time year. He is fully healthy after beginning last y ear still coming off shoulder surgery. A full year under Lue's game plan- and an expanded role- and I think Love gets some of his mojo back.

GIFDontGiveAFuckStarWars.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just out of curiosity- as we are on the general offseason thread- what do you think of your Lakers this year?

personally- id be excited to watch Ingram- and see how Russell does- but the over/unders think that the Lakers will once again be the worst team in the Western Conference and the 2nd worst team in the NBA behind only the Nets--- i actually think thats good as maybe you will keep your 1st rounder and not have to give it up to Philly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the funny irony of a Lakers fan calling any NBAer a jackass. Kobe is still (and always will be ) the bigger jackass of the two.:nod:
LeBron has without a doubt made some major goofs- but no one in history has ever endured the media scrutiny that he has in the NBA. Not even close--- for the MOST PART- he has done it with aplomb and never gotten in trouble off the court.

Kobe Bryant was indicted for r*pe and his excuse was basically "shaq does it too" - when talking about cheating on his wife with groupies.

I mean- cmon....LeBron can without a doubt be an egotistical prick- but i wouldnt call him a true scumbag. I dont know if you can say the same thing about Kobe.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i did last year when I won my bet- I will gladly entertain any bet on the Finals when the Finals starts. If LeBron James lands wrong on his ankle in game 5 of the EAstern Conference Finals and is out- its all for naught. If Kyrie wipes his knee out going to the rim in the 2nd round and is out for the playoffs- the Cavs have practically no chance. It wouldnt be a bet to win the Finals- it would be a bet to win the Finals AND have the Cavs healthy. No way can you know that in September.

As last year when I won my bet and you lost your bet- I will gladly entertain any bet at the appropriate time.

I will tell you emphatically- if the CAvs show up to the Finals healthy- you will once again be watching Dan Gilbert hoist a World Championship trophy and once again confirm his place among the very top tier of owners in the NBA.

I actually think KEvin Love has gotten underated and think he is in for a huge year this year- as the Cavs will be going out of their way to do everything they can to make sure a healthy LEBron and Kyrie show up for game 1 of the playoffs- however- after that- their is only so much you can do. No team has ever won an NBA title without a little good fortune.

in other words your pussy is gonna bleed until you have a sure outlook...just like LAST season...

that's all you had to say, coward...:lol:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiosity- as we are on the general offseason thread- what do you think of your Lakers this year?

personally- id be excited to watch Ingram- and see how Russell does- but the over/unders think that the Lakers will once again be the worst team in the Western Conference and the 2nd worst team in the NBA behind only the Nets--- i actually think thats good as maybe you will keep your 1st rounder and not have to give it up to Philly.

don't know what the Lakers have to do with it, but as usual you'll shift the focus to them. no surprise there...

but yep, looking for good things outta the kid. especially once he packs on a few more pounds...

as far as the rest I simply look for improvement. just like I've posted before. it won't be a great year record-wise but we all know that going in...