• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be until Westbrook and Harden pass him after their extensions the following year after another cap increase. I read that they might be the first to receive 40M per year contracts.

If Harden gets 40m :puke:.

Didn't he renegotiate this summer?

I don't know if he added a year or two.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden gets 40m :puke:.

Didn't he renegotiate this summer?

I don't know if he added a year or two.

He added another 3 years, but it's really 2 with an opt out. After his 2 year opt-out, he maxes out on the CBA restrictions for cap hold at the maximum 10 years service. So basically what he did was get a raise for the next two year, delay his free agency by an additional year and get to fully max out when he's a free agent.

That's why Westbrook, who was set to be a free agent next year, signed an extension. I said at the time that it wasn't a true sign of loyalty, more so it gave him a raise and it delayed his free agency by an extra year to get him to the super max mark when he can sign his largest deal.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,382.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how this movement was started by Kaepernick - the same dumbass who talked about oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt. Can't make this shit up.

He doesn't know WTF he's doing. He's doing it for a piece of ass.

His GF is a muslim.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He added another 3 years, but it's really 2 with an opt out. After his 2 year opt-out, he maxes out on the CBA restrictions for cap hold at the maximum 10 years service. So basically what he did was get a raise for the next two year, delay his free agency by an additional year and get to fully max out when he's a free agent.

That's why Westbrook, who was set to be a free agent next year, signed an extension. I said at the time that it wasn't a true sign of loyalty, more so it gave him a raise and it delayed his free agency by an extra year to get him to the super max mark when he can sign his largest deal.

Yeah, I'm happy OKC has that extra year and it's a great feel good story after Durant leaving.

But, I hope they are competitive or he will be "adios MFer".

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know WTF he's doing. He's doing it for a piece of ass.

His GF is a muslim.
Is that why he looks like "Osama Bin Kapernick "?

Fricking shave already and either braid that fro or cut it.

No man bun puuuuuhlease!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to Lebron, Curry's going to be the highest paid player in the league once his contract is up given the rise in cap earlier.
I think when Curry resigns he will be eligible for a salary that will make him the highest paid player

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Curry resigns he will be eligible for a salary that will make him the highest paid player

I give Dude huge props for not demanding to go the Westbrook/Harden renegotiation way.

It's not like they didn't already have a Championship level Team.

He could have easily said " Gotta get mine ".

Landing Durant is worth putting off his payday one more year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Just not used to these new salaries I guess. They probably could have gotten him a lot cheaper though.

Yeah, we all have to take a step back and wrap our heads around what these guys are making.

Funny thing is, I'm old enough that I can remember when the Lakers paying Magic $1 million per year was considered "ridiculously crazy money."

Now...the 15th guy sitting on the end of the bench makes more than that. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously saying he's worth that much more than the likes of Anthony Davis, Damien Lillard or Kyrie Irving?

This is something that is self correcting. He makes more than them now because he's an FA now and they aren't. If they continue playing at their current levels, the discrepancy will be corrected when they become FA's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watch KD and Nas on Bill Simmons HBO show last night?

Kevin Durant admitted to getting a Rick James tattoo and basically both Simmons and Nas asked him if he was doing it ironically because he likes Dave Chappelle, or if its actually to honor Rick James.

Yes. It was to "honor" Rick James.

When Simmons asked Durant about having a guy like LeBron to always push you, that "you always know hes getting up at like 6 am drinking some horrible health smoothie and working"- etc.... and Durant looked like he wanted to be ANYWHERE else in the world.

He also said Steph's Chef shoes were TERRIBLE. lol.

Simmons has really gotten some good and interesting guests. Nas was actually way better than KD on it. Kd was kinda ackward to be honest. He didnt look comfortable in his own skin if that makes sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad he has decided to come back one more year. The Cavs can definitely use him - and hopefully can bring Felder along to be the main back up next year.

of course- Chalmers, Cole, and a couple other PG's are still unsigned right now....id without a doubt take Norris Cole on a 1 year deal to come in here and get his value up and go back out in FA next year....would be awesome.