• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, didn't know that. I'd hope that other teams would figure there's a reason the Heat doctors won't clear him and would wouldn't even bother bringing him in. But, you never know. There may be someone willing to let him risk his life.

Yeah, Wiggy and Turnup are right in that regards. It's essentially the Brandon Roy rule. However, this isn't a bad knee that we're talking about. You really think a team's going to take the chance of a major lawsuit given that Bosh has a higher probability of dropping dead on the court significantly compared to everyone else on the court?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Bosh would sign a legal document stating that if anything happens to him that he alone would assume all risk and liability ( blood clot related)?
If not, he shouldn't be cleared to play.
i would imagine the Heat would make him sign some kind of indemnity- either that or the league.

And i think its crucial that it goes through the league- because then the league can control the process later on down the line.

This is the part people are failing to understand that do not understand the situation but to act like they do-----

I dont blame the Heat for wanting him gone- if that is truly what is happening. Uncertainty is death to a business in general- and not being certain whether your best player will be avaliable - while he is eating up about 1/3 of your cap is an unfavorable position.

unfortunately for the Heat- you cannot tell someone they cant play because of uncertainty and that it screws up your cap and planning. The only way the Heat could tell him not to play is if they feel he is risking serious harm----- okay---- say that do they that--- and Bosh goes to another team and says- here are the opinions of 3 credible doctors that are not going to risk multi-million dollar practices and their reputations just to get me on the court---- give me a shot at the minimum salary and if it works out great- if not- ill ride off into the sunset....

then- as i explained and you confirmed- the Heat are screwed over horribly. If the Heat acquiesce to the league on how to handle this- and Bosh has a setback- I think the league would back up the Heat and strongly discourage other teams from trying to sign Bosh down the line (hence putting him back on the Heats cap in crippling fashion)- with the thinking being- the Heat did everything right- gave this guy multiple chances- it just didnt work out....

if instead the Heat force him out before this season and do not give whatever protocol a chance that Bosh and his doctors have set- it makes a lot harder for the league to tell those other teams not to sign Bosh.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, didn't know that. I'd hope that other teams would figure there's a reason the Heat doctors won't clear him and would wouldn't even bother bringing him in. But, you never know. There may be someone willing to let him risk his life.
glad we could help educate ya ;)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What another team might do is actually what does matter.
If another team clears him and he plays in enough games, the Heat takes the pay hit as well as the cap hit for the duration of the contract.

So, if Heat doctors don't clear him, does he become an FA? He's under contract with the Heat. It seems that if he isn't cleared by Heat doctors and becomes an FA, then wouldn't the Heat be off the hook as far as his cap number? Or is there some language in the rule that keeps the Heat on the hook for his cap number if he goes to play for someone else?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if Heat doctors don't clear him, does he become an FA? He's under contract with the Heat. It seems that if he isn't cleared by Heat doctors and becomes an FA, then wouldn't the Heat be off the hook as far as his cap number? Or is there some language in the rule that keeps the Heat on the hook for his cap number if he goes to play for someone else?
if the Heat said you cant play- and BOsh insists on playing- it might either A. end up in Court, or B. The Heat would release him and then apply for cap aid saying he is not able to continue with the contract.

at that point- Bosh still gets all his money- and hte Heat get cap relief 1 year from when he played his last game- if he played at least 10 games- if he doesnt step on the court- they can get cap relief in january or whenever it was he played his last game

however- if Bosh goes to another team and says- I have 3 independent doctors who say I can play under this protocol- give me a chance- and a team says- all right- we will give you a min. contract and see how it goes--- if Bosh then plays 25 games he goes back on to the Heats cap IN THE ENTIRETY because if he can get through those 25 games he in essence "proved" hte Heat should not have "forced" him into retirement as he was still able to play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Heat said you cant play- and BOsh insists on playing- it might either A. end up in Court, or B. The Heat would release him and then apply for cap aid saying he is not able to continue with the contract.

at that point- Bosh still gets all his money- and hte Heat get cap relief 1 year from when he played his last game- if he played at least 10 games- if he doesnt step on the court- they can get cap relief in january or whenever it was he played his last game

however- if Bosh goes to another team and says- I have 3 independent doctors who say I can play under this protocol- give me a chance- and a team says- all right- we will give you a min. contract and see how it goes--- if Bosh then plays 25 games he goes back on to the Heats cap IN THE ENTIRETY because if he can get through those 25 games he in essence "proved" hte Heat should not have "forced" him into retirement as he was still able to play.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad we could help educate ya ;)
Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll-Thumb.gif

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would imagine the Heat would make him sign some kind of indemnity- either that or the league.

And i think its crucial that it goes through the league- because then the league can control the process later on down the line.

This is the part people are failing to understand that do not understand the situation but to act like they do-----

I dont blame the Heat for wanting him gone- if that is truly what is happening. Uncertainty is death to a business in general- and not being certain whether your best player will be avaliable - while he is eating up about 1/3 of your cap is an unfavorable position.

unfortunately for the Heat- you cannot tell someone they cant play because of uncertainty and that it screws up your cap and planning. The only way the Heat could tell him not to play is if they feel he is risking serious harm----- okay---- say that do they that--- and Bosh goes to another team and says- here are the opinions of 3 credible doctors that are not going to risk multi-million dollar practices and their reputations just to get me on the court---- give me a shot at the minimum salary and if it works out great- if not- ill ride off into the sunset....

then- as i explained and you confirmed- the Heat are screwed over horribly. If the Heat acquiesce to the league on how to handle this- and Bosh has a setback- I think the league would back up the Heat and strongly discourage other teams from trying to sign Bosh down the line (hence putting him back on the Heats cap in crippling fashion)- with the thinking being- the Heat did everything right- gave this guy multiple chances- it just didnt work out....

if instead the Heat force him out before this season and do not give whatever protocol a chance that Bosh and his doctors have set- it makes a lot harder for the league to tell those other teams not to sign Bosh.

What you're failing to understand in this situation is the business side must not be the priority. Plain & simple.

So what if a doctor clears him- even if it's a league or team doctor. How many people want that potential disaster on their hands- because they wanted to save money? Do you know how that would be viewed by the general public- especially because this is his second season having this injury & because of the fatal consequences if it is as bad as some think?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're failing to understand in this situation is the business side must not be the priority. Plain & simple.

So what if a doctor clears him- even if it's a league or team doctor. How many people want that potential disaster on their hands- because they wanted to save money? Do you know how that would be viewed by the general public- especially because this is his second season having this injury & because of the fatal consequences if it is as bad as some think?

Sometimes, these guys need someone to save them from themselves.

Had all institutions put health before winning, maybe guys like Hank Gathers and Jr. Seau would be with us today.

Maybe Meldrick Taylor's brain wouldn't resemble tapioca pudding.

But, hey....Bosh found at least one quack doctor to go along with his idiocy.

So, the show must go on....until he dies on National TV.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, these guys need someone to save them from themselves.

Had all institutions put health before winning, maybe guys like Hank Gathers and Jr. Seau would be with us today.

Maybe Meldrick Taylor's brain wouldn't resemble tapioca pudding.

But, hey....Bosh found at least one quack doctor to go along with his idiocy.

So, the show must go on....until he dies on National TV.
It is sad- how money is the driving factor for a lot of people. It seems too many people have lost touch with the human side of things.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sad- how money is the driving factor for a lot of people. It seems too many people have lost touch with the human side of things.

I blame Bosh and his hood rat wife.

He has made over $100m, won Championships, had a long successful career.

If there were even a 10% chance something would kill me, I would walk the fuck away.

Nothing is more important than my children.

I really don't get why she is pushing this. Yeah, Basketball is Chris' life.

But, What is his wife's excuse? She ready for him to tap out so she can go back to fucking rappers?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Bosh and his hood rat wife.

He has made over $100m, won Championships, had a long successful career.

If there were even a 10% chance something would kill me, I would walk the fuck away.

Nothing is more important than my children.

I really don't get why she is pushing this. Yeah, Basketball is Chris' life.

But, What is his wife's excuse? She ready for him to tap out so she can go back to fucking rappers?
Oh no, he married one of those? I don't know who she is so this is news to me. LOL