• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SPECTACULAR piece of writing and one of the very main reasons why Dan Gilbert is so revered in the city.

That's because people in Cleveland are too stupid to know they were lied to.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and brought the city a title during the best comeback in the history of the NBA.

I don't remember seeing him out on the floor while that was happening. What position did he play?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Looking back," Gilbert told reporters on Tuesday, "that probably was not the most brilliant thing I've ever done in my life. ... In a way [LeBron winning the title] was a little bit of a relief. If they didn't win it would've been still another thing of who's going to win it [first]."

Well, to be accurate, no, there would have been no "thing." The Cavaliers were 19-63 their first year without LeBron, they were 21-45 last year, nobody out there would have been thinking: "Gee, wonder who's going to win that race between LeBron James and the Cavaliers for the title?" But, I think, Gilbert's point was larger than that.

I think the point was that Gilbert regretted what he said. He was angry, he felt betrayed, he wanted to lash back at LeBron ... and he didn't take a few breaths before he launched the Comic Sans. He was like a million other fans. Difference is, he's the Cavs owner. He just kept going and going until finally there was nothing else to say, no other LeBron insult he could come up with, and he went off the cliff, he made the guarantee.

how amazing is it to have an owner that ACTUALLY says what he thinks- and doesnt hide behind old tired cliches- and doesnt snipe passive aggresively in the media like Riley did at LeBron.

I give Gilbert all the credit in the world for taking down LeBron in that letter- he deserved it--- but- as Gilbert admitted- in the long run it was a mistake.

Fortunately- the promise of the amazing collection of young talent that Gilbert had assembled, coupled with his enormous wallet- convinced LeBron to let bygones be bygones-- all in the name of WINNING A TITLE...

and how sweet it is! :)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Best owner in sports my ass.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool....i want to know why you guys care so much. lol.....

As Cleveland fans- the guy has been the best owner you could ask for- outspends anyone in the league- and brought the city a title during the best comeback in the history of the NBA.

His statue will stand outside the Q as long as basketball is being played!

To be honest i am pretty sure you guys are just jealous Gilbert is not your owner....especially considering the owners of the Heat and Lakers...lol

I mean- you have a guy who won the title and took the team from worst to first in 6 years--- thats historic....

I wonder how long it will be before the Lakers or Heat even get to the Conference Finals let alone the Finals during their current rebuilds. Ill guarantee you they dont pull them off as fast and as successfully as one of the very best owners in North American sports--- THE Dan Gilbert.

Lets just hope ole Danny Boy doesnt get complacent and keeps writing luxury tax checks at a historic pace and continues to have the highest payroll in the league.

Jesus Christ, it's the same old shit. Fucking clock work. It's like a god damn cron job (for any of you Linux users out there).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a lie. He's only done it this one time because Lebron forced him to. Outside of that, hasn't been willing to spend despite claiming he would.

The Lakers ownership has a long tradition of being willing to spend whatever they need to in order to win titles and have a total of 16 (11 in Los Angeles) to back it up.
well Jerry Buss certainly was a great owner.

Thus far Jimmy Buss has not shown much ability to do much...and as far as owner promises go......

The Clock Is Ticking For Jim Buss And Lakers

Jimmy's isnt looking too great himself....all though i guess that means he will resign which seems to be what a lot of Lakeres fans are hoping for.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool....i want to know why you guys care so much. lol.....

As Cleveland fans- the guy has been the best owner you could ask for- outspends anyone in the league- and brought the city a title during the best comeback in the history of the NBA.

His statue will stand outside the Q as long as basketball is being played!

To be honest i am pretty sure you guys are just jealous Gilbert is not your owner....especially considering the owners of the Heat and Lakers...lol

I mean- you have a guy who won the title and took the team from worst to first in 6 years--- thats historic....

I wonder how long it will be before the Lakers or Heat even get to the Conference Finals let alone the Finals during their current rebuilds. Ill guarantee you they dont pull them off as fast and as successfully as one of the very best owners in North American sports--- THE Dan Gilbert.

Lets just hope ole Danny Boy doesnt get complacent and keeps writing luxury tax checks at a historic pace and continues to have the highest payroll in the league.

The Spurs went from worse to first in less time if you want to get technical. Spurs drafted Duncan in 96/97 and win the title in 99. Come to think of it, I think the Lakers were mediocre around the mid-90's (especially when they got Kobe), then went on to win a title in 2000 (the first of the 3-peat).

Hell, even the Heat can say they did it in less time. In 2008, the Heat won 15 games. In 2012 they were NBA champs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs went from worse to first in less time if you want to get technical. Spurs drafted Duncan in 96/97 and win the title in 99. Come to think of it, I think the Lakers were mediocre around the mid-90's (especially when they got Kobe), then went on to win a title in 2000 (the first of the 3-peat).

Hell, even the Heat can say they did it in less time. In 2008, the Heat won 15 games. In 2012 they were NBA champs.
LOL the Spurs had David Robinson and the Heat had Wade when they "started" their rebuild...o man thats too funny....

The Spurs are the poster child for not taking too- right Heatles? LOL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the Spurs had David Robinson and the Heat had Wade when they "started" their rebuild...o man thats too funny....

The Spurs are the poster child for not taking too- right Heatles? LOL.

Yeah that whole injury to David Robinson. Come to think of it, I'm sure if Lebron were to ever miss a season for the Cavs right now, the Cavs would be in line for another #1 draft pick.

Funny thing is, a competent organization would run rough shot over the NBA. Give the Spurs that draft luck and Lebron, Popovich would probably have playoff runs that are similar to what the Lakers did in 2001.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an owner willing to spend more than the competition, an owner willing to speak his mind, an owner that brought a championship to the city.

Top 5 in my book....ill give ya the Spurs ownership group as better...OKC is too cheap so hell no there.....Ballmer appears pretty good in LAC but he hasnt won anything yet....Warriors have done an excellent job and have an excellent- if arrogant- ownership group....

yah- id put prob put Gilbert 3rd behind the Spurs and Warriors groups. When you combine winning, motivation to spend, strength of the roster they have put together, the longevity of the roster.....

Most ownership groups in the league are rather new when you really look at it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

And cleveland had Irving...

the best PG in NBA history according to you guys.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Jerry Buss certainly was a great owner.

Thus far Jimmy Buss has not shown much ability to do much...and as far as owner promises go......

The Clock Is Ticking For Jim Buss And Lakers

Jimmy's isnt looking too great himself....all though i guess that means he will resign which seems to be what a lot of Lakeres fans are hoping for.
This is a major fail since A. Nobody has claimed Jimmy Bus to "be the best owner in the league" and B. because the topic of this discussion was Gilbert & his inability to fulfill his promise to Cavs fans- not whether or not Jimmy is a great owner. :doh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a major fail since A. Nobody has claimed Jimmy Bus to "be the best owner in the league" and B. because the topic of this discussion was Gilbert & his inability to fulfill his promise to Cavs fans- not whether or not Jimmy is a great owner. :doh:
did you see the post i quoted was directly addressing the Lakers and their ownership? or is reading not exactly your forte?
LOL yah didnt think so....he commented on how the Lakers have traditionally spent and have a bunch of titles--- and i said how those were under Jerry Buss- and Jimmy has looked less than competent at times.

If Jerry Buss knew the Lakers had the worst year in the history of their franchise 2 years ago- and followed it up by having the worst year in the history of their franchise again this year- he would be rolling over in his grave.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy has the awful tendency to talk about the Lakers and their recent shortcomings when we all mention the bullshit that happens in cleveland.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see the post i quoted was directly addressing the Lakers and their ownership? or is reading not exactly your forte?
LOL yah didnt think so....
Stop it...the topic was NOT about the Lakers- you just continue to bring them up in this debate because you've been called out on your stupidity- which is not a good look for you-being a lawyer and all.

No matter how much you bring up other teams it won't change the fact that letter is out there because Einstein made it public as soon as LBJ left him for a better team.

and speaking of release- maybe you should try letting go of all that hot air- you might even make a friend or two.