• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elton Brand just signed a deal with the 76ers.

Who knew he was still in the league?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet none of this deflection has anything to do with what Gilbert said he'd do when Lebron left and what he actually did while Lebron was gone.

Why are you unable to stick to what was actually being discussed?
Gilbert said he was gonna win a title- and turned the team around in record time. It seems you are very angry about the fact he didnt do so before LeBron won in Miami...is there a reason this upsets you so much?

I can PROMISE you- the Cleveland fans are not upset by it- in fact- pretty much every Cavs fan out there KNOWS that Gilbert is one of the very best owners in sports today.

As a Lakers fan - i am sure you remember back in the day when the Lakers used to outspend everyone to their advantage.......now in CLEVELAND you have that guy--- not only do yo uhave him- but he is also one of the most brilliant self-made men out there....for some reason that really seems to rub people the wrong way.

I still think it would be amazing if Gilbert somehow bought hte Indians....that would be amazing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert said he was gonna win a title- and turned the team around in record time.

No he didn't. He said that he was going to win a title BEFORE Lebron did. That didn't happen.

I didn't read anymore of the bullshit in your post because your opening sentence was bullshit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Wiggy.....

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron sure brought that curse to Miami lmfao. If you guys need a good laugh, I suggest reading that hilarious letter from Dana Gilbert

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron sure brought that curse to Miami lmfao. If you guys need a good laugh, I suggest reading that hilarious letter from Dana Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see a video:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Gilbert never said he would win a title before Lebron lmao. He's lucky Lebron came back or else his ass would have to live the rest of his life regretting that letter as he was never going to win a title without LBJ

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Wiggy.....

:sad2:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

:lebowski2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Wiggy.....

cool....i want to know why you guys care so much. lol.....

As Cleveland fans- the guy has been the best owner you could ask for- outspends anyone in the league- and brought the city a title during the best comeback in the history of the NBA.

His statue will stand outside the Q as long as basketball is being played!

To be honest i am pretty sure you guys are just jealous Gilbert is not your owner....especially considering the owners of the Heat and Lakers...lol

I mean- you have a guy who won the title and took the team from worst to first in 6 years--- thats historic....

I wonder how long it will be before the Lakers or Heat even get to the Conference Finals let alone the Finals during their current rebuilds. Ill guarantee you they dont pull them off as fast and as successfully as one of the very best owners in North American sports--- THE Dan Gilbert.

Lets just hope ole Danny Boy doesnt get complacent and keeps writing luxury tax checks at a historic pace and continues to have the highest payroll in the league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool....i want to know why you guys care so much. lol.....

As Cleveland fans- the guy has been the best owner you could ask for- outspends anyone in the league- and brought the city a title during the best comeback in the history of the NBA.

His statue will stand outside the Q as long as basketball is being played!

To be honest i am pretty sure you guys are just jealous Gilbert is not your owner....especially considering the owners of the Heat and Lakers...

I want to know why you lied to @trojanfan12

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers
A SPECTACULAR piece of writing and one of the very main reasons why Dan Gilbert is so revered in the city.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy has been the best owner you could ask for- outspends anyone in the league

This is a lie. He's only done it this one time because Lebron forced him to. Outside of that, hasn't been willing to spend despite claiming he would.

The Lakers ownership has a long tradition of being willing to spend whatever they need to in order to win titles and have a total of 16 (11 in Los Angeles) to back it up.