• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodfor the Heat trying to remain competitive---- it gets them no where....one playoff series win and a shitty rebuild.....as Cavs and Lakers fans we know all about long rebuilds- this Heat team is back the Cavs were in 2010 and the Lakers in 2012...a LOT of shit sandwiches to go aorund the next few years.....

i much prefer bottoming out and winning a title to be honest---seems better than fooling yourself into thinking your contender.

As everyone that follows the NBA knows- the worst place to be is in the middle- not bad enough to get elite talent in the draft- not good enough to make any noise.....thats right smack dab in the middle of where the Heat are at... Nba No Man's Land.

Give me the Sixers squad ANY DAY....

Bottoming out seldom works. Spurs haven't been in the lotto seemingly since Kid n' Play were a thing in the music industry. They seem to do just fine in re-tooling. How's that tanking working out for teams like the Nuggets, Kings, Suns, etc...?

You got the title because of Lebron. Before that, Cleveland couldn't even sniff the playoffs. There's a reason you're on a forum and not the GM in an NBA office.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i much prefer bottoming out and winning a title to be honest---seems better than fooling yourself into thinking your contender.

I agree. I'm hoping that the Lakers bottoming out will mean a return to contention in the not too distant future myself.

But as usual, you are trying to deflect from the point. The point is that you tried to paint Gilbert as some ultra competitive owner who was willing to spend whatever it took to win a title and that's just not the case.

He claimed that he would do everything he could to win a title before Lebron got one and he didn't do it. He also didn't start spending any money until Lebron returned and forced him to.

What he's done since Lebron returned has absolutely nothing to do with what he said he was going to do and what he actually did while Lebron was in Miami.

It really is that simple.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottoming out seldom works. Spurs haven't been in the lotto seemingly since Kid n' Play were a thing in the music industry. They seem to do just fine in re-tooling. How's that tanking working out for teams like the Nuggets, Kings, Suns, etc...?

You got the title because of Lebron. Before that, Cleveland couldn't even sniff the playoffs. There's a reason you're on a forum and not the GM in an NBA office.
the Spurs bottomed outto get Tim Duncan, LOL.....if you have an all time top 10 greatest player on your team through tanking- you are the POSTER CHILD FOR WHY TANKING WORKS....lol

i think the Nuggets and Suns are right on schedule- once teams get close- adding two top 10 picks for the Suns to an already very talented team was PERFECT- not only that- but they stole 2 largely UNPROTECTED first round picks from the Heat that are basically big time lotto tickets going ahead....shit- if I am a Suns fan I am EXTREMELY excited about the future of the team- you have a REAL chance at a truly elite player in Devin Booker- something every team needs- a stud player in his prime- a bunch of other good oyung guys and plenty of draft assets.....

Maybe they decide to build around Booker, Bender, Chriss, Bledsoe- and trade the rest for vet help...thats EXACTLY how you shorten your rebuild.

Now some franchises like the Kings just are totally incompetent and cant really be helped- though they do have the most valuable asset in the game--- a true elite talent in his prime- even if he is a dick- though the situation and management certainly has not helped him there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference here is that Irving had the chance at being the #1 guy- and that didn't work out so well for the Cavs. Kobe on the other hand didn't have that chance since he & Shaq were teamed up in the same year.

To be fair, there is always the possibility that like Kobe, Kyrie will learn and be ready to take over as team leader when Lebron begins to decline and/or retires.

Had Kobe been put in position to be the team leader as early in his career as Kyrie was, I'm not sure the results would have been much different.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably that the Sixers will finish with a worse record than the Heat. You're a joke, especially at trolling.
i dont doubt that at all...in fact I would practically guarantee the Sixers finish below the Heat this year but make a Conference Finals long before the HEat do.

Noel
Saric
Embiid
Covington
Simmons
Stauskas
Okafor

+ a ton of extra 1st round and 2nd round picks still owed to them:

OR

Dragic
Whiteside
Winslow
Richardson
Johnson
Waiters
Ellington
Mcbob
derrick williams
(CB4?- yes? no?)

- multiple missing future draft picks.

EASY EASY EASY decision.

1st- like i said- the most important thing in the league is having a stud player in his prime. Simmons certainly has that potential- and is probably alone on the list in that regard- though I think Saric will actually be a very very good player at the 3.....

So the Heat might take anywhere from between 7th and 12th in the East this year......the Sixers probably from 9th to 14th.....id take the Sixers roster and future any day of the week and not think twice as would any sane GM.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm hoping that the Lakers bottoming out will mean a return to contention in the not too distant future myself.

But as usual, you are trying to deflect from the point. The point is that you tried to paint Gilbert as some ultra competitive owner who was willing to spend whatever it took to win a title and that's just not the case.

He claimed that he would do everything he could to win a title before Lebron got one and he didn't do it. He also didn't start spending any money until Lebron returned and forced him to.

What he's done since Lebron returned has absolutely nothing to do with what he said he was going to do and what he actually did while Lebron was in Miami.

th

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there is always the possibility that like Kobe, Kyrie will learn and be ready to take over as team leader when Lebron begins to decline and/or retires.

Had Kobe been put in position to be the team leader as early in his career as Kyrie was, I'm not sure the results would have been much different.
I don't disagree- was just pointing out the differences we know to be facts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is an ultra competitive owner that used his intelligence and foresight and check book to turn around a team totally devoid of talent and make them NBA champions in 6 years- on a team that remains ABSOLUTELY loaded.

You think 6 years is a long time to go from the bottom to the top i nthe NBA? lol.....ask the Twolves about that- they havent made the playoffs in almost 2 decades!!!!!

The turn around that Dan Gilbert presided over was one of the fastest and most successful in NBA history and to frame it any other way is horse shit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont doubt that at all...in fact I would practically guarantee the Sixers finish below the Heat this year but make a Conference Finals long before the HEat do.

Noel
Saric
Embiid
Covington
Simmons
Stauskas
Okafor

+ a ton of extra 1st round and 2nd round picks still owed to them:

OR

Dragic
Whiteside
Winslow
Richardson
Johnson
Waiters
Ellington
Mcbob
derrick williams
(CB4?- yes? no?)

- multiple missing future draft picks.

EASY EASY EASY decision.

1st- like i said- the most important thing in the league is having a stud player in his prime. Simmons certainly has that potential- and is probably alone on the list in that regard- though I think Saric will actually be a very very good player at the 3.....

So the Heat might take anywhere from between 7th and 12th in the East this year......the Sixers probably from 9th to 14th.....id take the Sixers roster and future any day of the week and not think twice as would any sane GM.

I think Saric and Simmons will be the only keepers.

Embiid will miss the Season, after blowing out his knee, stepping on a wet napkin.

Okafor or Noel will get traded, Staukas could be a bust and can Covington produce on a competitive team or is it empty stats?

You also forgot Luwau.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is an ultra competitive owner that used his intelligence and foresight and check book to turn around a team totally devoid of talent and make them NBA champions in 6 years- on a team that remains ABSOLUTELY loaded.

You think 6 years is a long time to go from the bottom to the top i nthe NBA? lol.....ask the Twolves about that- they havent made the playoffs in almost 2 decades!!!!!

The turn around that Dan Gilbert presided over was one of the fastest and most successful in NBA history and to frame it any other way is horse shit.

Lebron. That's why. This wasn't building a team through the draft (since half of the picks you had during Lebron's Miami years ended up being bad - Waiters, Bennett, etc..). Hell, for the 4th pick in which they got TT, they probably could've drafted someone who's more productive than him in overall efficiency as opposed to be just an elite rebounder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid will miss the Season, after blowing out his knee, stepping on a wet napkin.

Okafor or Noel will get traded, Staukas could be a bust and can Covington produce on a competitive team or is it empty stats?

You also forgot Luwau.
i think Noel could have some value though...hope they keep him....he seems in the mold of a Thompson or Biyombo that can guard a 4 or a 5 ---- but also hold his own on the perimeter in the pick and roll.

Those type of guys are worth their weight in gold in todays NBA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You also forgot Luwau.

But he wants the Sixers roster more. With all of their unproven commodities. Wiggy just likes to troll the Heat when he can.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he isn't. He's someone who lied to his fanbase, got lucky when Lebron decided to return and was smart enough to hand over his manhood and checkbook.

There was no "ultra-competitiveness" and there was no "foresight." There was a strongly worded letter full of bullshit, 4 years back in the crapper and then being submissive to Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron. That's why. This wasn't building a team through the draft (since half of the picks you had during Lebron's Miami years ended up being bad - Waiters, Bennett, etc..). Hell, for the 4th pick in which they got TT, they probably could've drafted someone who's more productive than him in overall efficiency as opposed to be just an elite rebounder.
LeBron does not even DREAM of coming back- it does not even enter his mind if Gilbert and his management team did not gather a ridiculous amount of good young talent and draft picks to put together a team to attract LeBron.

If the big market LA team did not ask the msall market cleveland team to bail out Baron Davis' contract- LeBron couldVERY well still bei n Miami.

Blame Donald Sterling , LOL.

its scary how true thatis !!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron does not even DREAM of coming back- it does not even enter his mind if Gilbert and his management team did not gather a ridiculous amount of good young talent and draft picks to put together a team to attract LeBron.

Well, when you get 3 #1 picks in a 4-year time span. Lucky is the word I'd use there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Noel could have some value though...hope they keep him....he seems in the mold of a Thompson or Biyombo that can guard a 4 or a 5 ---- but also hold his own on the perimeter in the pick and roll.

Those type of guys are worth their weight in gold in todays NBA.

This is true.

He'd be a good get in Boston and he's from the area.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course! I'm trying to determine if I want to go to the season opener this year.

You gotta go so you can see them get their championship rings and raise the new banner.

Oh wait...:dhd: