• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron does not even DREAM of coming back- it does not even enter his mind if Gilbert and his management team did not gather a ridiculous amount of good young talent and draft picks to put together a team to attract LeBron.

!

Who? Anthony Bennett? Which great owner decided to draft him?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. He's someone who lied to his fanbase, got lucky when Lebron decided to return and was smart enough to hand over his manhood and checkbook.

There was no "ultra-competitiveness" and there was no "foresight." There was a strongly worded letter full of bullshit, 4 years back in the crapper and then being submissive to Lebron.
you are certainly welcome to your opinion, but the proof is in the pudding.

He executed his plan to perfection and has a championship trophy to show for it! You can try and make as much ancillary noise as you want- but that is the cold hard black and white facts!

2010 the Cavs lost a record 26 (or 25?) in a row.

2016 they are champs.

A turn around like that could only have been led by an esteemed and brilliant owner such as Dan Gilbert.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta go so you can see them get their championship rings and raise the new banner.

Oh wait...:dhd:
:hurt:

* remembers we only have selfies hanging from the rafters *

th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Indians make the World Series- Game 1 will be downtown at Progressive Field and directly across the plaza at the Q the Cavs will be getting their championship rings that night!

Lets hope it happens!!!!!

It would be truly incredible if the Indians could somehow do that and end up pulling it off.........

then it would be up to the Browns..LOL....mwhahaha.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never misses an opportunity.
your telling me you would rather have the Heats' core than the Sixers core?

You couldnt cobble up a combo of any 3 players on the Heat that would even tempt any GM with a brain to trade Simmons.- and thats ONLY Simmons.

Saric - I think-is gonna be really good.

Okafor certainly does not look like a young Dwight Howard- but the kid definitely has upside.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your telling me you would rather have the Heats' core than the Sixers core?

You couldnt cobble up a combo of any 3 players on the Heat that would even tempt any GM with a brain to trade Simmons.

Curious to know who comprises the 76ers core. Because if you name who I think you're going to name. Then one hasn't played a single NBA minute and could be the next Kwame Brown. One missed his rookie season because of an ACL injury and can't play with another player on the team who's probably the worse defensive center in the league. And the last one hasn't played an NBA minute in two years because of foot issues. But yeah, your homerism isn't coming into question here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are certainly welcome to your opinion, but the proof is in the pudding.

He executed his plan to perfection and has a championship trophy to show for it! You can try and make as much ancillary noise as you want- but that is the cold hard black and white facts!

2010 the Cavs lost a record 26 (or 25?) in a row.

2016 they are champs.

A turn around like that could only have been led by an esteemed and brilliant owner such as Dan Gilbert.

Right. The proof is in the pudding.

He said that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron and he said that he would do everything in his power to make sure that happened.

As you have already acknowledged, Those things didn't happen. That proves he's a liar. The only reason the "turnaround" happened was because Lebron decided to go back to Cleveland.

Had Lebron chosen to go to virtually any other team in the league, the results for that team would have been just as dramatic as what happened in Cleveland. The Cavs, meanwhile, would still be praying for lottery balls.

Dan Gilbert's only role in the "turnaround" was saying "Yes sir" to every demand Lebron has made.

Which proves that the Cavs championship is the result of Gilbert's willingness to be submissive, not the result of his "competitive fire" or "foresight."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to know who comprises the 76ers core. Because if you name who I think you're going to name. Then one hasn't played a single NBA minute and could be the next Kwame Brown. One missed his rookie season because of an ACL injury and can't play with another player on the team who's probably the worse defensive center in the league. And the last one hasn't played an NBA minute in two years because of foot issues. But yeah, your homerism isn't coming into question here.
absoltuely you are 100% right

as i have said on NUMEROUS occasions- i HATE when people just assume draft picks are gonna work out...even in the lotto the rate of guys becoming high impact players is not great outside of the very top of the prospect tiers.

I believe in Simmons and think he can be the elite game changer that has drawn the NBA's attention since he debuted at LSU last year.

After that---- Okafor, Embiid, Saric, Stauskas, Covington, Luau, etc....MULTIPLE guys listed there will never reach their potential.....but at least 1 or 2 will- and its likely at least 1 of them becomes an impact guy--- ESPECIALLY considering Philly should get at LEAST another 3-4 bites at the apple with the future picks they are owed and their own picks.

The Heat basically have to be PERFECT with all their selections considering Riley traded away everything not nailed down in a stupid/stubborn/doomed effort to remain competitive knowing he is over 70 and someone else will be left holding the bag.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. The proof is in the pudding.

Had Lebron chosen to go to virtually any other team ."

thank goodness the cavs had an owner like Gilbert in place to preside over the lighting quick rebuild and to flood this roster with talent so LeBron decided to come back! Without his checkbook and helping out bigger market teams with their salary issues the Cavs would have NEVER Acquired the assets to attract the King back to Cleveland, and he would still likely be in Miami.

Instead?

the Rest is history.

Gilbert and Griffin rebuild the Cavs in record time and attract back one of the greatest in history and have a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP barely 6 years after experiencing the (then) longest losing streak in NBA history. Plowing in tens of millions in cash and lux. tax payments as well....

NOW THAT IS WORTHY OF A DISNEY MOVIE RIGHT THERE!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be fun when Lebron call retires and Gilbert can't get anyone to come to Cleveland. Wiggy acting like Gilbert is some great owner is hilarious. That boy waved his white flag for 4 years once Lebron left.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ridiculous when you think about the role the LA teams played in LeBron's return.

The CAvs traded Ramon Sessions to the Lakers- and got back Luke Walton's awful contract, a 1st rounder, and the rights to swap a first rounder with one of the 2 first rounders they acquired from the Heat.

Those picks and the subsequent players from them were partly dealt to the Nets and Celtics in a deal where the Cavs unloaded Jarret Jacks contract to have enough cap room to sign LeBron- which they DIDNT previously have since he insisted on a max deal.

And of course- i have documented ad nausuem the fact that without Donald Sterling and the Clippers financial woes- and gilbert agreeing to pay off Baron Davis----- Kyrie never makes it to Cleveland and LeBron likely does not find it ready to win a championship and stays in Miami for additional time.

To think the Lakers and Clippers were instrumental in delivering LeBron James back to Cleveland just warms my heart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ridiculous when you think about the role the LA teams played in LeBron's return.

The CAvs traded Ramon Sessions to the Lakers- and got back Luke Walton's awful contract, a 1st rounder, and the rights to swap a first rounder with one of the 2 first rounders they acquired from the Heat.

Those picks and the subsequent players from them were partly dealt to the Nets and Celtics in a deal where the Cavs unloaded Jarret Jacks contract to have enough cap room to sign LeBron- which they DIDNT previously have since he insisted on a max deal.

And of course- i have documented ad nausuem the fact that without Donald Sterling and the Clippers financial woes- and gilbert agreeing to pay off Baron Davis----- Kyrie never makes it to Cleveland and LeBron likely does not find it ready to win a championship and stays in Miami for additional time.

To think the Lakers and Clippers were instrumental in delivering LeBron James back to Cleveland just warms my heart.

What's truly ridiculous is how none of this deflection has anything to do with what Gilbert said he'd do when Lebron left and what he actually did while Lebron was gone.

Why are you unable to stick to what was actually being discussed?