• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• As for Chris Bosh, the team hasn't had any additional comment since Micky Arison's see you in training camp tweet last Wednesday. Discussions remain focused on the Heat's comfort level with Bosh taking new thinners that would be out of his system within eight hours or so, and ways for him to play while taking those type of thinners, according to an NBA-employed source.

The Heat is working on potential solutions and has said it would like to try to get him back on the court. Bosh very much wants to play and intends to (according to his wife). He still needs to be cleared by the Heat, and there will be some level of uncertainty until that happens. But the Heat is working on a solution, which has led to some optimism.

Read more here: Winslow improves with help of shooting coach; Heat formulating potential plan for Bosh

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by players, you mean one player then you would be correct lol. Haven't seen anything else where Cavs player disliked Haynes. If you don't like a writer it is likely because you're a thin skinned bitch and can't deal with being criticized.

This was the quote from Haynes in the 2015 playoffs that made Shumpert mad. Like seriously lmao. The dude is a thin skinned bitch. Should have a much thicker skin than this. No way should something like this bother you.

After the game, Shumpert was still miffed by that wrestling tactic. As he was getting dressed, he was telling James “That dude better be cool. I’m from here. I got my family here and everything. He wants to get out safe, don’t he?”

It prompted a laugh from his teammates and James responded, “He must not know you’re from The Chi.”

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH PUTTING THIS IN AN ARTICLE ABOUT THAT GAME. The article was about Mirotic dirty play basically caused the Bulls to lose the series. Why would he not include that quote the article is about Mirotic clothesline on Shumpert?

No surprise you would defend a Cavs player who is clearly in the wrong here. I think if a cavs player told you the sky was red and not blue. You would believe it and argue with everyone who tells you that it is actually Blue.

I was able to found the actual article that Haynes wrote that day that included the quote above.

How a clothesline caused Chicago's demise and gave Kyrie Irving some much-needed recovery time

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one could see in the Finals 2 years ago- Jr Smith as a #2 option- ABYSMAL. TERRIBLE. Your team is gonna BLOW.

Jr Smith as your 4th option and bombing 3's with 2 of the 5 best rim collapsers in the game?

thats how you are one of only 4 guys in the league to shoot at least 40% from 3, and hit 200 of them.

The other 3 besides JR? Klay, Redick, Curry.

Not bad company.

Now put Jr Smith on the Lakers and tell him he is the 2nd option and give him 17 shots a game- AWFUL.

Cavs are in the same situation with Smith that they are with Thompson. They're not going to be able to sign anyone close to what JR is in skill-level (an average SG). If they let Smith (who I don't see leaving) walk, it leaves a glaring hole in the starting line up. So once again, why isn't JR signed yet if money is no option, ol' Gilbert's balls juggler.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I've seen some shit in my time which explains why I'm the type of ass hole that I am. But I've never seen someone glorify and be so obsessed with another man like Wiggy is with Gilbert. I really feel like if Gilbert told him to, Wiggy would be on the receiving end in a bukake.

But yeah, Wiggy's ability to try to spin shit in his favor is the very definition of transparent and reeks of something Skip Bayless would do.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I've seen some shit in my time which explains why I'm the type of ass hole that I am. But I've never seen someone glorify and be so obsessed with another man like Wiggy is with Gilbert. I really feel like if Gilbert told him to, Wiggy would be on the receiving end in a bukake.

But yeah, Wiggy's ability to try to spin shit in his favor is the very definition of transparent and reeks of something Skip Bayless would do.

which is why TF12 continually tells him that it's the main reason no one on these boards can take him seriously. essentially what Wiggy is is Chinese water torture. he's going to spin, bs, and whatever else he needs to do 'til you either see his point of view, or put him on ignore...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys just wish that your owners had the deep pockets and the competitive fire to spend like Dan G. does.

When was the last time you remembered a Cleveland team leading the league in payroll? During the 90's the Indians ran up some high payrolls but I cannot ever remember them fielding the most expensive team in the league.

The Browns?--- have always had cap space practically since they have been back- but the Browns - historically have been incompetent- all though the new regime has shown some promise. (Browns could honestly have 2 top 5 picks this year- maybe even better).

The guy is a great owner- however you guys want to spin it. Once again he will field the highest payroll in the league- employ the leagues best player- and put out a great team that is making the city proud.

When he bought the team you could just tell that he would be different than what we have had here before- and luckily for us Gilbert put together this team that finally broke the curse- and did it in extraordinary fashion in finishing off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys just wish that your owners had the deep pockets and the competitive fire to spend like Dan G. does.

When was the last time you remembered a Cleveland team leading the league in payroll? During the 90's the Indians ran up some high payrolls but I cannot ever remember them fielding the most expensive team in the league.

The Browns?--- have always had cap space practically since they have been back- but the Browns - historically have been incompetent- all though the new regime has shown some promise. (Browns could honestly have 2 top 5 picks this year- maybe even better).

The guy is a great owner- however you guys want to spin it. Once again he will field the highest payroll in the league- employ the leagues best player- and put out a great team that is making the city proud.

When he bought the team you could just tell that he would be different than what we have had here before- and luckily for us Gilbert put together this team that finally broke the curse- and did it in extraordinary fashion in finishing off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA.

I don't think that you know what that term really means considering we already proved that other owners have more net worth, like Ballmer who's worth more than 5 times the amount that Gilbert is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that you know what that term really means considering we already proved that other owners have more net worth, like Ballmer who's worth more than 5 times the amount that Gilbert is.
well- thats why you need both A. the deep pockets and B. the competitive fire to spend.

Paul Allen has more money than anyone and has owned the team for a long time but historically just tells his GM to stay under the cap and run the business as a business---- once i na while they will go over the cap as they have done in the past when it warrants it.

Gilbert on the other hand does not run it like a business---- like Cuban and Prokohorov and many other owners that built their immense fortunes in other industries- he treats it like a hobby. Its more important to him to get a ring and a statue and a trophy and supply the fans with a winner than it is for him to raise his net worth from 4.65 billion to 4.8 billion.

When you get an owner like THAT--- who both HAS the huge bankroll and HAS the competitive fire?--- thats when you get an A+ owner like Dan G.

you can have all the money in the world but if you stick it under a mattress what good does it do ya?--- id rather have my owner cut the league a $60 million dollar luxury tax check and have a championship....

the other owners get an equal share of that cash though- so cool for them! Glad Dan G. can subsidize some of the other guys.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert on the other hand does not run it like a business---- like Cuban and Prokohorov and many other owners that built their immense fortunes in other industries- he treats it like a hobby. Its more important to him to get a ring and a statue and a trophy and supply the fans with a winner than it is for him to raise his net worth from 4.65 billion to 4.8 billion.

Which is the biggest mistake any owner could make. At the end of the day it IS a business. The only reason the Cavs won the title was because of lebron - they could have replaced pretty much everyone else on the roster and they would have still made it to the finals. At the end of the day Gilbert is a moron for pretty much giving lebron the keys to the team and handing out ridiculous contracts to his buddies.

You are aware the cavs are one lebron injury away from the lottery again, right?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the biggest mistake any owner could make. At the end of the day it IS a business. The only reason the Cavs won the title was because of lebron - they could have replaced pretty much everyone else on the roster and they would have still made it to the finals. At the end of the day Gilbert is a moron for pretty much giving lebron the keys to the team and handing out ridiculous contracts to his buddies.

You are aware the cavs are one lebron injury away from the lottery again, right?

And he's logged a lot of games since he came to the NBA out of HS. Plus, playoff games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's logged a lot of games since he came to the NBA out of HS. Plus, playoff games.

Father time is still undefeated. It may not be this year, or even the next but sooner or later lebron won't be even half the player he is now. And when that happens the cavs are screwed.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father time is still undefeated. It may not be this year, or even the next but sooner or later lebron won't be even half the player he is now. And when that happens the cavs are screwed.

Irving is good but they didn't do shit till LeBron returned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is good but they didn't do shit till LeBron returned.

I think a lot of the cavs fans are hoping Irving is the next Kobe after the Shaq/Kobe era - #2 guy rising in the ranks to be team leader after the Number One guy leaves.

They are wrong.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the cavs fans are hoping Irving is the next Kobe after the Shaq/Kobe era - #2 guy rising in the ranks to be team leader after the Number One guy leaves.

They are wrong.

He's not Kobe, but he's gonna be damn good.

He's the real deal.