• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true- right now they are behind Portland and Detroit.

Once Smith resigns they will once again shoot up and be in their own tier- they should just rename it the "Dan Gilbert Tier" and have a picture of him doling out cash with one hand and a trophy in the other hand.

I cant believe such a mediocre Blazers team has such a huge payroll- but Paul Allen is the owner....historically he has been pretty adverse to large tax paying payrolls....I seriously doubt the intelligence of going for broke with damian lillard, alan crabbe, cj mccollum, meyers leonard, evan turner and mo harkless...YIKES!

just out of curiosity- does anyone out there think that Smith and the Cavs will not come to an agreement? I have not seen anyone say that - and for good reason. Just interested if anyone is there yet....

He's staying.

Just like Tristan, it may go on longer than necessary.

But, they will meet somewhere in the middle.

Or, maybe not.

Didn't Tristan hold out months only to take a deal worth 2 mil more?

That's a ton of money for everyday folks.

But, pennies when divided by the #of years on his deal, for a NBA players salary.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's HS team won, 48-6, Friday and he made a few nice plays. They are going to have a good season I think.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's staying.

Or, maybe not.

But, pennies when divided by the #of years on his deal, for a NBA players salary.
Tristan tried to hold out for like 94 million- but the fact that the most a team could pay him (with hte extra year) was less than what the Cavs were offering just does not leave much leverage.

I think...think...The Cavs offered 5 years 80- Tristan wanted 5 years 94 (a max)...but the most another team besides the Cavs could offer him was 4 years 70 (what Kanter got). The Cavs let him save face and got the deal done at 5 years 82....about 16.4 a year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was in New York.....JR Smith was trash, according to Wiggy.
As one could see in the Finals 2 years ago- Jr Smith as a #2 option- ABYSMAL. TERRIBLE. Your team is gonna BLOW.

Jr Smith as your 4th option and bombing 3's with 2 of the 5 best rim collapsers in the game?

thats how you are one of only 4 guys in the league to shoot at least 40% from 3, and hit 200 of them.

The other 3 besides JR? Klay, Redick, Curry.

Not bad company.

Now put Jr Smith on the Lakers and tell him he is the 2nd option and give him 17 shots a game- AWFUL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's staying.

Or, maybe not.

I hope JR only gets 2 years- 3 at MOST.....

with a ton of guys getting 4 year deals that definitely do not deserve them this offseason that may be wishful thinking- but i kinda see that as sticking point with the Cavs.

IF the Cavs got him into camp for 3 years 39 million with the 3rd year a team option id say that would probably be something they could live with....much more than that and its getting a little pricey for a guy that just does not have much of a market.

Hes just more valuable to the Cavs than anyone else playing with LeBron and a coach like Lue in an environment he is comfortable and can thrive. Throw him on a losing team or a bad situation and it could all go to hell. He seems to be a product of his environment more so then most players.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope JR only gets 2 years- 3 at MOST.....

with a ton of guys getting 4 year deals that definitely do not deserve them this offseason that may be wishful thinking- but i kinda see that as sticking point with the Cavs.

IF the Cavs got him into camp for 3 years 39 million with the 3rd year a team option id say that would probably be something they could live with....much more than that and its getting a little pricey for a guy that just does not have much of a market.

Hes just more valuable to the Cavs than anyone else playing with LeBron and a coach like Lue in an environment he is comfortable and can thrive. Throw him on a losing team or a bad situation and it could all go to hell. He seems to be a product of his environment more so then most players.

Yeah, Doc gave J Crossover 3 years.

Jr. Gotta get at least that many years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Heads to Mecca-ville*

Plenty of seats on the Clippers bus to take you there.

But, be careful...that Bitch is a death trap..lol

th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the players hated chris haynes, lol...i was just looking this up....shumpert especially. not surprised he is on his way out.

not only that- but outsiders usually dont get that far in cleveland...guys like Pluto - and on the radio like Rizzo- could have gone national a long time ago- but dont.

Iman Shumpert I

✔@imanshumpert

. @ChrisBHaynes on the record. i don't like you. instead of reporting about the game i love, all you do is put out negative vibes to fans.

LeBron supposedly hates him because 3 months into lebrons contract Haynes reported that LeBron might leave again.

Apparently a lot of players really hated him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is simply no argument anyone could make that would frame Dan Gilbert as anything but an owner who truly cares about his team and spends far more than his competition----- even in the years the Cavs were down-

you know it- the Lakers were hurting financially so the Cavs told them- sure- we will take Luke Walton off the books if you give us draft assets- sure we wil ltake Ellington and Speights off the book for draft assets- sure- we will take Baron Davis and 40M off your books for draft assets (that ended up landing Kyrie).

No matter how any of the Cavs and Gilbert haters want to frame it- he spends- and he spends more than anyone else out there- because A. he has the money B. he is ultra competitive and C. This is his hobby and he doesnt give a flying fuck if he spends an extra 20 or 30 or 50 million into the red as long as it gets him a trophy, a statue and a ring. Well? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....

for a follow up act? How about having the highest payroll in the league ONCE AGAIN.

I truly wish the Indians had an owner willing to outspend the competition like Dan Gilbert. You just gotta find some business magnate that has 4-5 billion- and isnt cheap about their team.....not as easy at sounds.

Fortunately for Cavs fans- Dan Gilbert DOES owe the team- and will continue outspending the competition.

The wall of bullshit quoted above has absolutely nothing to do with the post you responded to.