• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep running your mouth- while Dan G. will keep running up lux tax bills that would give Micky Arison a heart attack.

Its just so lucky that in Cleveland we have an owner who truly runs the franchise like a public trust and a hobby- and winning is more important to him than spending cash. I guess when you have 4-5 billion and the competitive fire that Gilbert has (and Arison obviously lacks) spending an extra $20-50M here or there is well worth it. Especially when you guarantee yourself a statue* someday outside The Q! ;)

thank goodness he values that trophy and ring and statue and legacy more than an extra 50M bucks or whatever!!!!! Wish Dan G. would buy the Indians as well!

oh fer cryin'-out-loud. you REALLY ain't gonna put us through THIS trash again, are you...?:L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep running your mouth- while Dan G. will keep running up lux tax bills that would give Micky Arison a heart attack.

Its just so lucky that in Cleveland we have an owner who truly runs the franchise like a public trust and a hobby- and winning is more important to him than spending cash. I guess when you have 4-5 billion and the competitive fire that Gilbert has (and Arison obviously lacks) spending an extra $20-50M here or there is well worth it. Especially when you guarantee yourself a statue* someday outside The Q! ;)

thank goodness he values that trophy and ring and statue and legacy more than an extra 50M bucks or whatever!!!!! Wish Dan G. would buy the Indians as well!

I think you should put down the glue and should rethink posting on a forum right after you've been sniffing it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh fer cryin'-out-loud. you REALLY ain't gonna put us through THIS trash again, are you...?:L

It's like clock work. Got to get that in once a week. Funny to see that even some posters on the Cavs side get tired of Wiggy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like clock work. Got to that in once a week. Funny to see that even some posters on the Cavs side get tired of Wiggy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like clock work. Got to that in once a week. Funny to see that even some posters on the Cavs side get tired of Wiggy.

I mean the guy ain't even a TRUE fan of his team and continuously wants to spew this load of crap from his cock holster. the boy's tiresome sometimes...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison was cheap and cut corners.

Gilbert will, once again, have by far the highest payroll in the league. Thats objective fact.

Those bath salts are not good for you man.

It's not a true test of his willingness to spend until those luxury repeater penalties start kicking in.

Besides, until they decide to overpay JR, they're only 3rd in payroll and only over the cap for this season. Portland has already committed to over $110M per season in each of the next 4 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a true test of his willingness to spend until those luxury repeater penalties start kicking in.

Besides, until they decide to overpay JR, they're only 3rd in payroll and only over the cap for this season. Portland has already committed to over $110M per season in each of the next 4 years.
very true- right now they are behind Portland and Detroit.

Once Smith resigns they will once again shoot up and be in their own tier- they should just rename it the "Dan Gilbert Tier" and have a picture of him doling out cash with one hand and a trophy in the other hand.

I cant believe such a mediocre Blazers team has such a huge payroll- but Paul Allen is the owner....historically he has been pretty adverse to large tax paying payrolls....I seriously doubt the intelligence of going for broke with damian lillard, alan crabbe, cj mccollum, meyers leonard, evan turner and mo harkless...YIKES!

just out of curiosity- does anyone out there think that Smith and the Cavs will not come to an agreement? I have not seen anyone say that - and for good reason. Just interested if anyone is there yet....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are living in the land of gum drops and lollipops where everyone gets paid what they want to get paid instead of what the market determines- and clouds are made of cotton candy, and every baby deer makes it to adulthood.

In the real world quite often the wolf rips open the throat of the baby deer and clouds (especially in SOME parts of the country) are made of smog and water vapor.

For you to say JR Smith "he is worth 15M on the open market" is insane. Is he? has he signed for that? Typically the MARKET determines MARKET value- not what your opinion is.

the Cavs need Jr and Jr needs the Cavs---- as with Thompson- something will get done sooner or later- and a week into the season all these posts will be just as irrelevant as last years on Thompson.

Though probably MORE relevant than the myriad of posts you had trying to get Kyrie run out of Cleveland as a bad fit. lol.

While you're living in the land of the Hog Hunter?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's fucking up their karma.

Look what he has brought upon that franchise.

#Kar-TrashianKurse
#No2peat

0904-khloe-and-tristan-cabana-tmz-wm-launch-7.jpg

Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson continue their romp fest in Cabo.

We caught them sipping and chillin' over the weekend in a cabana at ME Cabo Hotel. We're told Khloe and the NBA champ were flirty and danced a bit. Check out the pics ... Khloe gets handsy.

Get it, Tristan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ Wiggy's bullshit spin. If the same article were about virtually any other team in the league, he'd be all over it and talking about how cheap that teams owner is.

When it's the Cavs...it's "some bitter reporter on his way out the door."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Kar-TrashianKurse
#No2peat

We caught them sipping and chillin' over the weekend in a cabana at ME Cabo Hotel. We're told Khloe and the NBA champ were flirty and danced a bit. Check out the pics ... Khloe gets handsy.

Get it, Tristan.

Let the curse live on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ Wiggy's bullshit spin. If the same article were about virtually any other team in the league, he'd be all over it and talking about how cheap that teams owner is.

There is simply no argument anyone could make that would frame Dan Gilbert as anything but an owner who truly cares about his team and spends far more than his competition----- even in the years the Cavs were down-

you know it- the Lakers were hurting financially so the Cavs told them- sure- we will take Luke Walton off the books if you give us draft assets- sure we wil ltake Ellington and Speights off the book for draft assets- sure- we will take Baron Davis and 40M off your books for draft assets (that ended up landing Kyrie).

No matter how any of the Cavs and Gilbert haters want to frame it- he spends- and he spends more than anyone else out there- because A. he has the money B. he is ultra competitive and C. This is his hobby and he doesnt give a flying fuck if he spends an extra 20 or 30 or 50 million into the red as long as it gets him a trophy, a statue and a ring. Well? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....

for a follow up act? How about having the highest payroll in the league ONCE AGAIN.

I truly wish the Indians had an owner willing to outspend the competition like Dan Gilbert. You just gotta find some business magnate that has 4-5 billion- and isnt cheap about their team.....not as easy at sounds.

Fortunately for Cavs fans- Dan Gilbert DOES owe the team- and will continue outspending the competition.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Kar-TrashianKurse
#No2peat

Get it, Tristan.
ehhhh...the celebrity that comes with being a CHAMPION.....

hopefully come November 1st its back to business.

Defending a title is not easy business---- but with LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Thompson I feel great about running em out there again!!!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were is my girl, @LAD ?

It's been a looooooooong minute.
Hey there friend!!!! I've been super busy at work. I thought about you when I was in LA a couple of weeks back. How are things?!?!?!?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he was in New York.....JR Smith was trash, according to Wiggy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh...the celebrity that comes with being a CHAMPION.....

hopefully come November 1st its back to business.

Defending a title is not easy business
---- but with LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Thompson I feel great about running em out there again!!!

I wouldn't know.

th

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there friend!!!! I've been super busy at work. I thought about you when I was in LA a couple of weeks back. How are things?!?!?!?

Good...I'm glad that's all it was.

All is good in Meccaville....lol

I know you'll pop in regularly when the Season starts.