• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go down that road wiggy, see where that leads you.
well- i know that Mozgov was injured over last summer and he never really got healthy all of last year and ended up playing significantly below his level from the previous year- so low that he was practically unplayable.

Last thing the Lakers want is for something like that to linger. Hopefully they just shut him down and he gets healthy. Mozgov will always have a special place for Cleveland fans being on the team that won.

hopefully he gets healthy since i think he is a good guy. Lakers are paying this guy for 4 more years.

Teams that hampered future flexibility
Los Angeles Lakers

Having added veterans Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov to fill needs, along with new head coach Luke Walton to shepherd the development of their young stars, the Lakers are almost certain to be better next season.

The question is whether they'll improve enough to justify cutting into their cap space for 2017 and beyond by paying Deng $72 million and Mozgov $64 million over the next four years. That's unlikely, even if Mozgov can return to his pre-knee surgery form at age 30.

With so many centers available in free agency -- and several still on the trade market -- there was little need for the Lakers to move so quickly to lock up Mozgov.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- i know that Mozgov was injured over last summer and he never really got healthy all of last year and ended up playing significantly below his level from the previous year- so low that he was practically unplayable.

Last thing the Lakers want is for something like that to linger. Hopefully they just shut him down and he gets healthy. Mozgov will always have a special place for Cleveland fans being on the team that won.

hopefully he gets healthy since i think he is a good guy. Lakers are paying this guy for 4 more years.

Teams that hampered future flexibility
Los Angeles Lakers

Having added veterans Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov to fill needs, along with new head coach Luke Walton to shepherd the development of their young stars, the Lakers are almost certain to be better next season.

The question is whether they'll improve enough to justify cutting into their cap space for 2017 and beyond by paying Deng $72 million and Mozgov $64 million over the next four years. That's unlikely, even if Mozgov can return to his pre-knee surgery form at age 30.

With so many centers available in free agency -- and several still on the trade market -- there was little need for the Lakers to move so quickly to lock up Mozgov.

yeah ok...

considering how the cap's going up, the T.V. deal, etc I ain't all that concerned. 'sides, still a ways away from training camp...

unless he broke something no need to go into panic mode...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Deng was dealt to Cleveland- i thought he was cooked- he looked cooked in chicago and looked REALLY cooked in Cleveland- but I was definitely surprised by how well he played- especially at the 4 in Miami. I have no clue how that contract goes long term as I have been wrong on Deng before.

It just surprises me- 3-4 years ago- all the talk was about how the Lakers would sign major guys once Kobe left. Once it came closer to that time the reality of the situation is that you need to improve before you sign major guys- which i think most people realize.

I would have lost a lot of money if i would have guessed the guys they gave a combined 34 million to were Timofey Mozgov at age 30 and Luol Deng at age 31. We shall see how it works out. At this point- at least right now- trusting Walton has to be the best thing to do.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Deng was dealt to Cleveland- i thought he was cooked- he looked cooked in chicago and looked REALLY cooked in Cleveland- but I was definitely surprised by how well he played- especially at the 4 in Miami. I have no clue how that contract goes long term as I have been wrong on Deng before.

It just surprises me- 3-4 years ago- all the talk was about how the Lakers would sign major guys once Kobe left. Once it came closer to that time the reality of the situation is that you need to improve before you sign major guys- which i think most people realize.

I would have lost a lot of money if i would have guessed the guys they gave a combined 34 million to were Timofey Mozgov at age 30 and Luol Deng at age 31. We shall see how it works out. At this point- at least right now- trusting Walton has to be the best thing to do.

The idea YEARS ago was trying to find a superstar once Kobe retired. They tried and hoped Dwight would pan out but that went wrong. Instead they went through the route of getting young talent and that plan is working out to perfection. They have five young guys who are athletic, talented and absolutely love playing with each other.

I think after the disastrous few seasons the Lakers have had, there isn't a single fan out there that isn't excited about the future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea YEARS ago was trying to find a superstar once Kobe retired. They tried and hoped Dwight would pan out but that went wrong. Instead they went through the route of getting young talent and that plan is working out to perfection. They have five young guys who are athletic, talented and absolutely love playing with each other.

I think after the disastrous few seasons the Lakers have had, there isn't a single fan out there that isn't excited about the future.
i mean that some nice rah rah shit- "love playing with eachother".....i mean, maybe eventually they will- but they havent even played a minute on the court with Ingram yet, Randle has missed an entire year- and last year Russell was benched early and often by Scott- and then had the incident where his team completely ignored him.

Im not gonna say they WONT love playing with eachother- they very well might- but to give us that cliche rah rah bullshit "they love playing witheachother" when they have barely, if at all- played with eachother, is just trite horse shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and i think they should be excited about the future because of certain players they have and a great hire in Walton.

I still dont have much faith in the front office as I am not a huge fan of committing roughly a third of your cap to Mozgov and Deng for the next 4 years- dont get me wrong- i understand some of the reasons WHY they did it- but its just not a move I would have made- I would have waited until the young guys were more ready to win and had proven themselves a little more - thus making the team (that has some nice built in advantages- not what they were 20 years ago- but still some nice built in advantages) more attractive to the next tier of free agent above those 2.

I mean - personally i really like Mozgov- but it looks like Greg Monroe could be had for a song and absorbing him into cap space- I would have liked that a lot more for the Lakers....or even a guy like sullinger who got barely any money- hes young and a little more of a shooter (though obviously not the defensive presence Mozgov is) but would have been a lot cheaper.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean that some nice rah rah shit- "love playing with eachother".....i mean, maybe eventually they will- but they havent even played a minute on the court with Ingram yet, Randle has missed an entire year- and last year Russell was benched early and often by Scott- and then had the incident where his team completely ignored him.

Im not gonna say they WONT love playing with eachother- they very well might- but to give us that cliche rah rah bullshit "they love playing witheachother" when they have barely, if at all- played with eachother, is just trite horse shit.

Google 'Lakers Breakfast Club'

That's great team chemistry that money can't even buy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i think they should be excited about the future because of certain players they have and a great hire in Walton.

I still dont have much faith in the front office as I am not a huge fan of committing roughly a third of your cap to Mozgov and Deng for the next 4 years- dont get me wrong- i understand some of the reasons WHY they did it- but its just not a move I would have made- I would have waited until the young guys were more ready to win and had proven themselves a little more - thus making the team (that has some nice built in advantages- not what they were 20 years ago- but still some nice built in advantages) more attractive to the next tier of free agent above those 2.

I mean - personally i really like Mozgov- but it looks like Greg Monroe could be had for a song and absorbing him into cap space- I would have liked that a lot more for the Lakers....or even a guy like sullinger who got barely any money- hes young and a little more of a shooter (though obviously not the defensive presence Mozgov is) but would have been a lot cheaper.

Mitch is one of the best GMs in the league. I think us Laker fans have more than enough faith in him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle played all of last year. what's this clown talking about...?

I've got no idea what this 'incident where the team ignored him' was either. If he was talking about Russell that blew over within days.

The Lakers' team chemistry with the young core is about an great as i've ever seen.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
far as the Russell "incident" i'm fairly certain the rest of the team's over it(maybe not Young, but they'll hopefully be dumping him soon anyhow). it ain't like he did a commercial about it or anything...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no idea what this 'incident where the team ignored him' was either. If he was talking about Russell that blew over within days.

The Lakers' team chemistry with the young core is about an great as i've ever seen.

bottom line: Nick Young shouldn't've cheated on his lady and BRAGGED about it. file that under Knucklehead 101...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line: Nick Young shouldn't've cheated on his lady and BRAGGED about it. file that under Knucklehead 101...

He's probably not even in the team plans and if he is, he'd be lucky to get 5 minutes a game. Players' relationship with Young is of very little importance.