• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think there is any team that is an option for moving....

all though---shit...orlando is such a shit hole of a city...move that team. florida doesnt need 2 nba teams. the kings just got a new arena, as did the bucks.......pistons are a historical franchise arent going anywhere....memphis isnt going anywhere....

maybe charlotte? doubt that though too.....

now that the Clippers are good do you think LA residents would really be THAT upset if the Lakers moved to Seattle? probably not.... :-)rolleyes2:)

The Clippers could Win 5 straight chips and would still be the redheaded stepchild.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy is being Wiggy again.

As Turnup said, I'm waiting to see Bosh play contact basketball. What Wiggy fails to realize is is that it's going to be pretty difficult for a doctor to put his name to Bosh's condition and say he's good to play and that there aren't any risks involved. If there's even the slightest risk, medical procedures usually say to err on the side of caution. Given that he just had his 3rd blood clot as evident by his recent failed physical, I don't see a reputable doctor, particularly one assigned by the NBA that will clear Bosh.

If this was the Grizzlies, Kings, Clips, etc... This wouldn't be an issue with Wiggy. But it's the Heat, so they're all big meanies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy is being Wiggy again.

As Turnup said, I'm waiting to see Bosh play contact basketball. What Wiggy fails to realize is is that it's going to be pretty difficult for a doctor to put his name to Bosh's condition and say he's good to play and that there aren't any risks involved. If there's even the slightest risk, medical procedures usually say to err on the side of caution. Given that he just had his 3rd blood clot as evident by his recent failed physical, I don't see a reputable doctor, particularly one assigned by the NBA that will clear Bosh.

If this was the Grizzlies, Kings, Clips, etc... This wouldn't be an issue with Wiggy. But it's the Heat, so they're all big meanies.
i have no clue what yo uguys are imputing but my whole point has been that both bosh and the heat both have big time conflicts of interest and that an independent 3rd party appointed by the league has yet to give his opinion.

both heat and bosh absolutely have the duty to try and do everything they can to further their own self interests. you would expect nothing less. if anyone even tries to say their is no conflict of interest, on either of the sides- they are kidding themselves.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i mean that is exactly the point. Whether he is making 3 million a year or 25 million a year- they should treat the process the exact same way- the numbers of his contract should have absolutely zero to do with it and i think that is the overiding factor - eliminating their uncertainty. I am not saying its not in their best interest to eliminate their uncertainty- of course it is--- you cant force a guy into retirement because you are pretty sure he cant ever play again though just because you dont like the uncertainty hanging over your head.

What color is the sky in your world? They wouldn't treat the situation the same because the situation wouldn't be the same. There is a huge difference between a 25 million dollar a year player and a 3 million dollar a year player.

Also, the Heat aren't forcing him into retirement. Their doctors aren't clearing him because he has a potentially life threatening medical issue. There is no uncertainty. He isn't being cleared to play.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no clue what yo uguys are imputing but my whole point has been that both bosh and the heat both have big time conflicts of interest and that an independent 3rd party appointed by the league has yet to give his opinion.

both heat and bosh absolutely have the duty to try and do everything they can to further their own self interests. you would expect nothing less. if anyone even tries to say their is no conflict of interest, on either of the sides- they are kidding themselves.

Yeah. Conflicts of interest - Bosh is beyond an unreliable commodity and has had his last 2 years cut short by blood clots - thus making it reoccurring and no longer a one-time incident. The Heat (from public perception anyway) say they're working on trying to get Bosh back on the court (whom he wouldn't even call Riley) yet he fails his physical because of....wait for it......blood clots (gasp).

The Heat may or may not have Bosh's interest in mind. Who knows? Maybe Riley just sees an opportunity to give Bosh's contract off the books given that he can't attract free agents here with a title contending mindset considering we operate right now at a 25% handicap because of Bosh's inability to not sustain blood clots - quite frankly, I don't give two shits. Whether the Heat are keeping Bosh off the court because of salary cap issues/relief or they genuinely care about his well being - the results are still the same.

And yeah, I called it months ago that this is going to go to the NBA and that they're going to get their independent doctor around February/March to put the final nail in Bosh's career. Everything I've said since his 2nd occurrence of blood clots have come to fruition. Reason I don't feel sorry for Bosh is:

1) He's going to get paid the remainder of his contract - a cool $76 million
2) Bosh is being a bitch about this whole process.
3) Still don't see any videos of him playing contact basketball.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What color is the sky in your world? They wouldn't treat the situation the same because the situation wouldn't be the same. There is a huge difference between a 25 million dollar a year player and a 3 million dollar a year player.

Also, the Heat aren't forcing him into retirement. Their doctors aren't clearing him because he has a potentially life threatening medical issue. There is no uncertainty. He isn't being cleared to play.

One can only explain it to him.
One can't comprehend it for him.

#attorney
#gladhesnoonesdoctor

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Misunderstanding of J. R. Smith - The New Yorker

great article from the new Yorker

his past June, Smith’s most recent team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, trailed the favored Golden State Warriors two games to none in the N.B.A. Finals. Then Smith scored twenty points in the critical third game, making five three-pointers, often with defenders pressed against his muscular, six-foot-six-inch frame. These were the kinds of shots that Smith’s fans both love and fear, heaved desperately off one leg or with his whole body fading away as time runs out, in a manner inspired, Smith has said, by his favorite video game, NBA 2K. Smith has two seven-year-old daughters, Peyton and Demi; before Game 6, Demi said to an ESPN reporter, about her dad, “I’m just proud of him because he made the championship without getting kicked off the team.” Smith made four more threes that night, and the Cavaliers won, staving off elimination. Then they won Game 7, and Smith, for the first time in his career, was a champion

LeBron James, Smith’s teammate last season and a close friend, conveyed his birthday wishes on Instagram. “I’ve always believed in you,” James wrote, beneath a picture of the two spraying champagne after winning the title. “Quite frankly, more than u believed in yourself at times and I’ve never wavered cause i knew what you were all about. Loyal, caring, driven, misunderstood.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really seem to hate the fact that they are being looked at as the NBA's villians after being the NBA's darlings initially. The pressure is going to be enormous on this team and very very few people outside of GSW will be rooting for them to win the title. Draymond is already sick of this line of questioning on Oct. 14th? Its only going to get FAR worse as the season goes on and the pressure builds and we get closer and closer, inching our ways to the post season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Swaggy

"You hear about the Dodgers?" Nick Young: "Yeah, they lost." "No, they won." Nick Young: "They won?! What's the series?" "They won the series." Nick Young: "Cool!"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Swaggy

"You hear about the Dodgers?" Nick Young: "Yeah, they lost." "No, they won." Nick Young: "They won?! What's the series?" "They won the series." Nick Young: "Cool!"
what a goon.

at this point- i guess there is not point of cutting the guy....at least see if he can get his value up to maybe someone would consider taking him in a trade without having to get a first rounder back attached to him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a goon.

at this point- i guess there is not point of cutting the guy....at least see if he can get his value up to maybe someone would consider taking him in a trade without having to get a first rounder back attached to him.

Do you even know the actual meaning of a goon? Nick Young is far from a goon

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan working on that versatility!!!! oh yah!

Tristan Thompson looking to add jumper –
Heading into his sixth NBA season, it's time for Thompson to take the next step -- at least that's what the Cavs would like to see.

"To be able to throw it in the post to him sometimes during the game when he has favorable matchups," Lue said. "Also, he has been working on his jump shot, little 15-foot jump shot and he's gotten confidence in that so we're going to let him shoot some of those this year and shoot it with confidence. Each year you want to bring back something to your game where you get better and you develop. He's done that and he's put the work in this summer. We're going to see where he's at."

Thompson devotes time post practice shooting with assistant coach James Posey, but in his preseason debut, Thompson spent a bulk of his 21 minutes near the rim, a place where he's always been most comfortable.

"I'm trying to find it in the game out there," he said of his jumper. "There was no (opportunity). I was trying to do a pick-and-pop, but it's all good. In the flow of the game, if it's there, take it and shoot it. Why not? I'm getting enough reps up, I might as well take some."