• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a goon.

at this point- i guess there is not point of cutting the guy....at least see if he can get his value up to maybe someone would consider taking him in a trade without having to get a first rounder back attached to him.

I don't think you know what a goon is, Wiggy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan working on that versatility!!!! oh yah!

Tristan Thompson looking to add jumper –
Heading into his sixth NBA season, it's time for Thompson to take the next step -- at least that's what the Cavs would like to see.

"To be able to throw it in the post to him sometimes during the game when he has favorable matchups," Lue said. "Also, he has been working on his jump shot, little 15-foot jump shot and he's gotten confidence in that so we're going to let him shoot some of those this year and shoot it with confidence. Each year you want to bring back something to your game where you get better and you develop. He's done that and he's put the work in this summer. We're going to see where he's at."

Thompson devotes time post practice shooting with assistant coach James Posey, but in his preseason debut, Thompson spent a bulk of his 21 minutes near the rim, a place where he's always been most comfortable.

"I'm trying to find it in the game out there," he said of his jumper. "There was no (opportunity). I was trying to do a pick-and-pop, but it's all good. In the flow of the game, if it's there, take it and shoot it. Why not? I'm getting enough reps up, I might as well take some."

Cavs are paying him over $80 million. I would hope he'd learn how to shoot so he could do something other than just rebound.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are paying him over $80 million. I would hope he'd learn how to shoot so he could do something other than just rebound.
psh....rebounding, defense, pick and roll- and now a jump shot? always on the court, hardest worker, etc.....the Cavs paying him the same money as Timo Mozgov and Ian Mahimi got this offseason??!!! LESS than bustola Evan Turner?

STEAL! highway THEFT to have this guy wrapped up through his prime at 16M a year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never understand how PF/C are in the league so long and wait so long to develop a jumpshot. Especially when you're not some dominant force in the paint

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psh....rebounding, defense, pick and roll- and now a jump shot? always on the court, hardest worker, etc.....the Cavs paying him the same money as Timo Mozgov and Ian Mahimi got this offseason??!!! LESS than bustola Evan Turner?

STEAL! highway THEFT to have this guy wrapped up through his prime at 16M a year

This didn't need a response.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol fuck me for giving you Mahinmi as ammunition.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao!

He's right Paul needs to shut up.

But, not because he's wrong.

He needs to shut up because I'm pissed his twice dead carcass is still taking up a roster spot and still collecting a salary!

The writer is funny as shit. He basically called Draymond a ignoramus.

Or, according to Wiggy, a goon..lol

They might as well buckle up.

Fortunately, winning cures all.

Well, there's just a lot to unpack here.

1. Draymond's been asked about it in an interview, so you want to forgive him for not being able to seamlessly construct a clear argument on the fly. However, this analogy explodes into a million pieces. We could send this to a freshman composition professor and they would tear the thing to pieces. KD's a business but he's also the CEO of that business, but it's also like he left and took another CEO job at a different company, except he is the company, and also Apple and Google. If that sentence doesn't sound like it makes sense, that's because it doesn't

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fuck me for giving you Mahinmi as ammunition.

DeAndre Jordan,Andre Drummond, Asik, Biyombo are clearly being underpaid.

Tony Allen, Andre Roberson deserve hefty increases too.

One way players are all the rage!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen, you are absolutely correct in a assbackwards kinda way.

I am gonna take one for the Team and give the Devil his due, in hopes that you stop posting this shiznit...lol

In Today's climate, Thompson's salary is Team friendly.

You said this would be the case when his agent shanghai'd the Cavs into giving it to him and YOU WERE RIGHT.

BUT,
please stop with the versatility talk.

Dude is a one way player.

He is the complete antithesis of Brook Lopez, another one way player, just the opposite side of the one way coin.

We praise Tony Allen, we vilify Nick Young.

One way is one way...imo

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, you are absolutely correct in a assbackwards kinda way.

I am gonna take one for the Team and give the Devil his due, in hopes that you stop posting this shiznit...lol

In Today's climate, Thompson's salary is Team friendly.

You said this would be the case when his agent shanghai'd the Cavs into giving it to him and YOU WERE RIGHT.

BUT,
please stop with the versatility talk.

Dude is a one way player.

He is the complete antithesis of Brook Lopez, another one way player, just the opposite side of the one way coin.

We praise Tony Allen, we vilify Nick Young.

One way is one way...imo
Well said.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao!

He's right Paul needs to shut up.

But, not because he's wrong.

He needs to shut up because I'm pissed his twice dead carcass is still taking up a roster spot and still collecting a salary!

The writer is funny as shit. He basically called Draymond a ignoramus.

Or, according to Wiggy, a goon..lol

They might as well buckle up.

Fortunately, winning cures all.

Well, there's just a lot to unpack here.

1. Draymond's been asked about it in an interview, so you want to forgive him for not being able to seamlessly construct a clear argument on the fly. However, this analogy explodes into a million pieces. We could send this to a freshman composition professor and they would tear the thing to pieces. KD's a business but he's also the CEO of that business, but it's also like he left and took another CEO job at a different company, except he is the company, and also Apple and Google. If that sentence doesn't sound like it makes sense, that's because it doesn't
in draymonds defense- he was asked in an interview and was not really prepared- but his answer reminded - again- of the answer in Billy Madison- "At no point did you come close to a coherent thought. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul". All though- with his talent for incoherence he may have a future as a trump speech writer. :noidea: I mean...draymond does seem to go for other's junk....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in draymonds defense- he was asked in an interview and was not really prepared- but his answer reminded - again- of the answer in Billy Madison- "At no point did you come close to a coherent thought. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul". All though- with his talent for incoherence he may have a future as a trump speech writer. :noidea: I mean...draymond does seem to go for other's junk....

This was my favorite part.....:L

Draymond: " He left there. Nobody complain when somebody leave Apple and go to Google. Aren't they in competition with each other? Nobody talk junk about the CEO who leaves Apple and goes to Google. "

Writer: Apple and Google actually had a non-poaching agreement, which in this situation the Warriors would have absolutely violated with how often they texted Kevin Durant last season, and have admitted as much. But much like how the NBA views tampering when it's between players, it's not something that can be legislated, as a court actually struck it down. But that just muddles the entire idea further.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Swaggy

"You hear about the Dodgers?" Nick Young: "Yeah, they lost." "No, they won." Nick Young: "They won?! What's the series?" "They won the series." Nick Young: "Cool!"

that's Nick for you. i swear if that man had a brain he'd be dangerous...

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there goes that word again...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: