• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course no one wants to see him die on the floor- i have prefaced that argument with getting an INDEPENDENT doctor to say he can be on the court without significant risk.

To me- the Heat are no where close to independent when they literally have millions of dollars in insurance money at risk, and 1/3 of their cap space at risk.

Agree.

But, the subtext in most of your posts suggest that the Heat might not be acting in Bosh's best interest.

This is a business. So, of course they are worried about their ability to compete.

But, I think it's crystal clear that this guy staying alive is everyone involved top priority, except for the player in question.

Reactions: GNG

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

But, the subtext in most of your posts suggest that the Heat might not be acting in Bosh's best interest.

This is a business. So, of course they are worried about their ability to compete.

But, I think it's crystal clear that this guy staying alive is everyone involved top priority, except for the player in question.
of course they arent acting with Bosh's best interest in mind- they are acting with their own best interest in mind- which is exaclty what they should be doing--- but in the end its going to come down to an INDEPENDENT evaluation which has not yet taken place.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet you durant is "hurt" for that game and does not go. Wanna bet?

Don't say that.

I can honestly see Westbrook going for 50 and the Thunder could still lose by that same amount of points

No, wait....that's just a Clipper trait...lol

Not to put words in your mouth. But, are you suggesting that Durant is a bitch?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez is there a way to adjust where things load on my screen?

Every time I try to hit alerts, I wind up in the politics thread.

I'm not tough enough to survive in that world.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet you durant is "hurt" for that game and does not go. Wanna bet?

You must be confusing Durant with James and his sudden need for rest when the Cavs came here last year?

They do play at Memphis the night before, so depending on health, situation...who knows??

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they arent acting with Bosh's best interest in mind- they are acting with their own best interest in mind- which is exaclty what they should be doing--- but in the end its going to come down to an INDEPENDENT evaluation which has not yet taken place.

Where do you even come up with this?
He's beyond unhealthy at this point, and he was diagnosed around 8 months ago.
There is no blame, just reality.
Reality is a concept you just can't seem to grasp.

"The Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible," the team's statement said. "Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities."

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you even come up with this?
He's beyond unhealthy at this point, and he was diagnosed around 8 months ago.
There is no blame, just reality.
Reality is a concept you just can't seem to grasp.

"The Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible," the team's statement said. "Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities."

are you just a total blind schill? "in consultation with team doctors and other physicians" that means NOTHING- as i said- an INDEPENDENT doctor has not gotten CLOSE to this yet. Any doctor hired by the Heat is by definition not independent. ESPECIALLY considering they have tens of millions of dollars of insurance liability riding on the outcome- and over a quarter of their cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be confusing Durant with James and his sudden need for rest when the Cavs came here last year?

They do play at Memphis the night before, so depending on health, situation...who knows??
the Cavs played the PREVIOUS night and went into over time vs. New ORleans and didnt get into Miami till 5 am...please dont be dumb

The decision to rest James was a bit of a surprise after he said on multiple occasions he wanted to play in all 82 games this season. But the Cavs took the decision away from him after an overtime loss on Friday and a late flight. The team didn’t arrive to their Miami hotel until nearly 5 a.m. on Saturday.

“We hoped to look at days of rest we could find that were not game-related,” Blatt said. “(Friday) was a particular situation. Overtime game, (James) played 44 minutes, played his heart out, very short turnaround, tough, tough trip, game in less than 24 hours. Those factors came into play.”

would u have played LeBron after he played 44 minutes the previous night in a roado ver time game and then the plane got delayed and didnt get into town until 5 am? GMAFB. No coach in their right mind would have played him- no smart one anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balmer got the Clip joint for 2.1 bill. you tell us...
wouldnt you have to expand by 2 teams though? a 31 team league...does that work schedule wise?

a few years ago they were discussing contraction......I think that they will have to have a new CBA ironed out well before they decide on expansion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas just seems like a bad idea.

Pittsburgh? Omaha?......naaaaaa

Mexico? :scratch:

They couldn't sewriously expect these guys to move their families there.
i dont think there is any team that is an option for moving....

all though---shit...orlando is such a shit hole of a city...move that team. florida doesnt need 2 nba teams. the kings just got a new arena, as did the bucks.......pistons are a historical franchise arent going anywhere....memphis isnt going anywhere....

maybe charlotte? doubt that though too.....

now that the Clippers are good do you think LA residents would really be THAT upset if the Lakers moved to Seattle? probably not.... :-)rolleyes2:)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you just a total blind schill? "in consultation with team doctors and other physicians" that means NOTHING- as i said- an INDEPENDENT doctor has not gotten CLOSE to this yet. Any doctor hired by the Heat is by definition not independent. ESPECIALLY considering they have tens of millions of dollars of insurance liability riding on the outcome- and over a quarter of their cap space.

Me blind. Too funny.
You continue to ignore or make comment that Bosh has done nothing more than run his mouth and post videos shooting jump shots.
Zero, nada, nothing has changed since Feb that would even suggest that he can be anywhere near an NBA type situation.
If anything he has gone in the other direction if the report of a 3rd setback is true.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez is there a way to adjust where things load on my screen?

Every time I try to hit alerts, I wind up in the politics thread.

I'm not tough enough to survive in that world.
You could hold your own in the politics thread. You're a lot tougher than most of those wusses.