• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't talking about myself. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I've always been open about being an "outsider" in terms of Clevelanders and even Cavs fans to some extent.

The fact that its Cleveland's first title in 50 years and the Cavs first title ever of course means more to the people of Ohio than anyone else... but it absolutely adds some weight and significance to the championship even for the rest of us, imo.
oh yah...especially with the circumstances surrounding LeBron leaving and coming back.....with Dan G. and his quest.....with all the heart break over the years- the drive, the fumble, the shot, jose mesa, joel skinner not sending kenny, the decision, etc. etc. etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of the article...

Smith’s agent (Rich Paul, who also reps LeBron) is a guy who likes to win every deal and will push this farther than most.

But eventually, a deal will get done, and this will all be looked back on as silly posturing.

Report: Cavaliers, J.R. Smith remain millions apart, neither side blinking

you can replace the name Jr SMith with the name Tristan thompson and really not change much else in the articles except for the specific figures.

a week into the season no one gave a shit that thompson held out.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say smart, but lucky that they were able to sign those guys when they did. If TT's contract was up right now he would be likely getting maxed out. Love too. Same with Kyrie, etc.

Kyrie took a max when it was allowable. Love took 20M a year which was very close to a max at the time for him. TT got more than he should of at time. With the fluctuations in cap it makes them look reasonable, but so does every other contract in the league not signed this past off-season.

I wouldn't say the Cavs were smart about the signings. They were definitely lucky at the timing of it and it has worked out well in their favor.

Biggest bargains....imo.

1. Curry

2. Isaiah Thomas

3. Crowder

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah...especially with the circumstances surrounding LeBron leaving and coming back.....with Dan G. and his quest.....with all the heart break over the years- the drive, the fumble, the shot, jose mesa, joel skinner not sending kenny, the decision, etc. etc. etc.

The fact you were rooting for the Thunder...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got huge too when I was pregnant.

But, I lost it quickly.

This doesn't even look like the same person.

th
Julius_Randle_G2.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future ends when LEBron retires.

So, the ends justify the means.

They won.
Will this still be true if they don't win again before he retires?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jr didhi s part- and its impressive that no one not named STeph Curry has made more 3's than JR the last 2 years- .

This is just flat out wrong. Do you even look at stats before posting?

2016: 1. Steph, 2. Klay, 3. Dame, 4. James Harden, 5. JR

2015:
1. Steph, 2. Klay, 3. Kyle, 4. Wesley Matthews, 5. JJ Redick, 6. James Harden, 7. JR

2014:
1. Steph, 2. Ryan Anderson, 3. Klay, 4.. Kyle, 5. Dame, 6. JR

He's not even close to being 2nd on that list...he's not even top 3, and only top 5 in one season out of the 3 I've listed.

P.S. He wasn't even top 20 in 2013....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_myy2yekXjj1rrx588o1_500.gif

I'd make an avi bet with you and most of the cavs fans on this board, but they seem to mysteriously disappear when the cavs suck...

lol WiggityWack is all TALK and no DO. I already offered to bet him the Cavs get tossed out like a dirty diaper this coming finals, but it seems that while he LOVES talking about LeClown and the Cav's "greatness" his vaginal bleeding won't let him actually man up and do any kind of wager, Avi or otherwise...

but it's only this season we get to hear this crapola. June i'm guessing he'll disappear into the cracks again like he's KNOWN to do...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just flat out wrong. Do you even look at stats before posting?

2016: 1. Steph, 2. Klay, 3. Dame, 4. James Harden, 5. JR

2015:
1. Steph, 2. Klay, 3. Kyle, 4. Wesley Matthews, 5. JJ Redick, 6. James Harden, 7. JR

2014:
1. Steph, 2. Ryan Anderson, 3. Klay, 4.. Kyle, 5. Dame, 6. JR

He's not even close to being 2nd on that list...he's not even top 3, and only top 5 in one season out of the 3 I've listed.

P.S. He wasn't even top 20 in 2013....
you are correcet- my bad- it was not the last 2 full seasons- the stat was since he has joined the Cavs- the only person that has made more 3's since Smith joined the Cavs in December of '14 is curry. he was sucking with the knicks before being traded in '14...

Report: Cavaliers offered J.R. Smith $10-11 million a year deal

mith may also be looking to recoup money that he felt he lost last offseason when he re-signed with the Cavaliers on a bargain one-year deal worth $5 million. It's also worth mentioning that he is second in the NBA behind Stephen Curry in three-pointers since he was acquired by Cleveland 1 1/2 seasons ago.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got huge too when I was pregnant.

But, I lost it quickly.

This doesn't even look like the same person.

th
Julius_Randle_G2.jpg
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much had to staple this on my forehead when talking to my friends who were Laker fans, except with the Warriors instead of Cleveland. Honestly Laker fans are so spoiled by the greatness they have seen over the years that they don't understand how awesome it is to witness something as great as a championship.

well, I DO try not to be all that arrogant about it. and admittedly yeah most of us are a tad spoiled. but I hear what you're saying. when it only comes along once in a while you tend to treasure it more. it makes sense...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correcet- my bad- it was not the last 2 full seasons- the stat was since he has joined the Cavs- the only person that has made more 3's since Smith joined the Cavs in December of '14 is curry.
Ummm, wrong again- I've posted the list for 2014 in the post you just quoted.

an accurate statement would be: JR HASN'T been in the top 3 of made 3's in a season as far back as 2007.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much had to staple this on my forehead when talking to my friends who were Laker fans, except with the Warriors instead of Cleveland. Honestly Laker fans are so spoiled by the greatness they have seen over the years that they don't understand how awesome it is to witness something as great as a championship.
no doubt about it....how does it go? - it is better to have loved and lost then not to have loved at all? lol....

definitely a LOT to love under Dr. Jerry Buss who is a sure fire hall of famer and one of the most influential individuals in NBA history.....now wittle Jimmy? ehhhhhhh......not so much.

I would imagine when you have won pretty consistently for a vast majority of the history of the league- and then all of a sudden all the rules change to mitigate your advantages- and your genius owner dies leaving his less-then-qualified son to take over- that has to sting quite a bit. Hence- the bitter haters like chiefslakers that just cant resist hating on The King and his Court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, wrong again- I've posted the list for 2014 in the post you just quoted.

an accurate statement would be: JR HASN'T been in the top 3 of made 3's in a season as far back as 2007.
since Jr Smith was dealt to the Cavs on January 5th of 2015- no one has made more 3's than him in NBA games besides Steph Curry. That is the stat they are quoting. so if you add up all the 3's Jr has madei n NBA games between Jan. 5th of 2015 WHEN HE JOINED THE CAVS- until today- no one has made more 3's than him besides Steph.