• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these Cavs haters will be eating soggy shit sandwiches for the foreseeable future.

tumblr_myy2yekXjj1rrx588o1_500.gif

I'd make an avi bet with you and most of the cavs fans on this board, but they seem to mysteriously disappear when the cavs suck...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so concerned with what I think :laugh3:

First off, it wasn't about the Wiggins comment, even though I think if they had Wiggins right now they wouldn't have a title but that is another topic bc future wise he is the best player for the roster. Love provides spacing for Lebron and Kyrie, Wiggins doesn't.

Saying he is one injury away from the Cavs sucking...While it could be true, why even say it unless you are hoping it. Lebron is always in great shape and prepares his body for a tough, long season, he has fortunately been healthy his whole career. Seems like you are hoping that he does because why even make that comment...which is sad.

Honestly, outside of the Warriors and Maybe the Spurs, every Team could be one injury away from praying for ping pong balls.

Chris Paul, Dame Lillard, Paul George, James Harden....

Any of those guys go down, the post season is in question.

I don't think that's wishing injuries.

It's a statement of fact.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. But with no cap space for god knows how long, are you really that confident in the teams future once lebron is a non-factor?

Their situation isn't as bad as it seemed a year ago.

Given the current cap situation... Kyrie's contract is AWESOME. TT and Love are locked in long-term pre-cap-jump at good value. LeBron is going to cost them a pretty penny but they've got his bird rights and he's obviously worth it.

When you have a solid core like that... there's nothing bad about not having cap space. Having no cap space when you're not a contender is a bad situation. Having no cap space when you are a contender is expected.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...your Wiggins comment is way off bc if it isn't about the future, it is about NOW. I see you avoided that though :laugh3: Keep posting bs...it is entertaining
yah....Wiggins wont be ready to be a meaningful high level playoff contributor for years. Just didnt mesh up with Bron's prime.

When you have one of the very best of all time- you take every shot you can and you take your best shot to win a title. Trading for a big man that can space the floor for LeBron- who doubles as one of the best passing and rebounding big men inthe NBA certainly expedited the championship process.

and oh yah....K. Love can show off his defensive skills once in a while too....LOL

MVP who? lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, outside of the Warriors and Maybe the Spurs, every Team could be one injury away from praying for ping pong balls.

Chris Paul, Dame Lillard, Paul George, James Harden....

Any of those guys go down, the post season is in question.

I don't think that's wishing injuries.

It's a statement of fact.
its certainly better than having your team suck big fat donkey dick even when it is totally healthy...LOL

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if in eight months time the Cavs aren't champs anymore, what will your excuse be?

I don't think you understand the value of that title to the Cavs and Cavs fans. It will not have worn off in 10 years time, let alone 8 months.

You are a Lakers fan and have seen your team win title after title after title. That's awesome. But this isn't the Lakers. Its freaking Cleveland.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the value of that title to the Cavs and Cavs fans. It will not have worn off in 10 years time, let alone 8 months.

You are a Lakers fan and have seen your team win title after title after title. That's awesome. But this isn't the Lakers. Its freaking Cleveland.

I pretty much had to staple this on my forehead when talking to my friends who were Laker fans, except with the Warriors instead of Cleveland. Honestly Laker fans are so spoiled by the greatness they have seen over the years that they don't understand how awesome it is to witness something as great as a championship.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also sacrificed their future for the present. A lot of teams have done it in the past and nobody can blame them.

But how many cavs fans will we see in 3 or 4 years time when lebron is nowhere near the player he is now?

Oh, I totally agree.

LEBron tips the scales dramatically in their favor in the East.

Problem is, he's already in his 30's.

Kyrie and Love didn't sniff the playoffs until they teamed up with him.

Irving is a monster. But, I don't see him leading the Cavs to a chip , after Bron is gone, if they still had Wiggins.

So, the present is all they have.

You can't waste Lebron's last dominant years waiting on Wiggins to develop.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their situation isn't as bad as it seemed a year ago.

Given the current cap situation... Kyrie's contract is AWESOME. TT and Love are locked in long-term pre-cap-jump at good value. LeBron is going to cost them a pretty penny but they've got his bird rights and he's obviously worth it.

When you have a solid core like that... there's nothing bad about not having cap space. Having no cap space when you're not a contender is a bad situation. Having no cap space when you are a contender is expected.
exactly....i mean think about it...Evan Turner is making Kyrie Irving money. Timo Mozgov is making Tristan Thompson money. Nik Batum is making more money than Kevin Love.

Cavs were extremely smart to lock in their guys pre-cap jump- just like you said. And they still have a phenomonal GM in Griffin who has executed great deals on the periphery to bringi n very important players like Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye,- Dunleavy now etc....

and when you are Dan G.- and even when you dont have draft picks -you can just have him slap down the most EVER someone has paid for a 2nd round pick to draft a guy like Felder.

Dan G's huge wallet
LeBron's recuriting
Griffin's genius maneuvering

thats how you keep adding to a team like the Cavs even when your cap is already spent tying up your key core guys.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much had to staple this on my forehead when talking to my friends who were Laker fans, except with the Warriors instead of Cleveland. Honestly Laker fans are so spoiled by the greatness they have seen over the years that they don't understand how awesome it is to witness something as great as a championship.

Wouldn't know.

#HateChu

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....i mean think about it...Evan Turner is making Kyrie Irving money. Timo Mozgov is making Tristan Thompson money. Nik Batum is making more money than Kevin Love.

Cavs were extremely smart to lock in their guys pre-cap jump- just like you said. And they still have a phenomonal GM in Griffin who has executed great deals on the periphery to bringi n very important players like Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye,- Dunleavy now etc....

and when you are Dan G.- and even when you dont have draft picks -you can just have him slap down the most EVER someone has paid for a 2nd round pick to draft a guy like Felder.

Dan G's huge wallet
LeBron's recuriting
Griffin's genius maneuvering

thats how you keep adding to a team like the Cavs even when your cap is already spent tying up your key core guys.

I wouldn't say smart, but lucky that they were able to sign those guys when they did. If TT's contract was up right now he would be likely getting maxed out. Love too. Same with Kyrie, etc.

Kyrie took a max when it was allowable. Love took 20M a year which was very close to a max at the time for him. TT got more than he should of at time. With the fluctuations in cap it makes them look reasonable, but so does every other contract in the league not signed this past off-season.

I wouldn't say the Cavs were smart about the signings. They were definitely lucky at the timing of it and it has worked out well in their favor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, my Team has 3 top 20 players and still could be a 1st round flush.
Clips will make the WCF this year- and have a punchers chance to make the Finals.

After Griffin continually humiliated himself last year I think he will be out for redemption- and DJ certainly seems to have benefited from his Olympic experience- mentally mostly- which is EXACTLY what he needed.

i know as a traumatized fan- that you dont want ot hear that---- but its true. Clips are stacked. JJ Redick is your 4th option. thats awesome.

If you could just get a mediocre SF that can play some D and hit an open 3....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon.... you were a Heat fan three years ago. Wiggy was a OKC fan and most of the other "cavs fans" had allegiances to other organisations until lebron came back.

Nothing wrong with that at all. But don't pretend like it was a life long dream to see cleveland win a 'ship.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is 24 and is a rising star. Tristan Thompson is 25, Love is 28....LeBron is 31 and in amazing shape and is being handled exceptionally well by the Cavs--- much more Tim Duncan and the Spurs and not the Lakers and Kobe who didnt have the balls to tell Kobe to rest once in a while.

these Cavs haters will be eating soggy shit sandwiches for the foreseeable future.

Please don't forget about the Warriors

Time will tell which team is the Titanic and which is the Iceberg.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say smart, but lucky that they were able to sign those guys when they did. If TT's contract was up right now he would be likely getting maxed out. Love too. Same with Kyrie, etc.

Kyrie took a max when it was allowable. Love took 20M a year which was very close to a max at the time for him. TT got more than he should of at time. With the fluctuations in cap it makes them look reasonable, but so does every other contract in the league not signed this past off-season.

I wouldn't say the Cavs were smart about the signings. They were definitely lucky at the timing of it and it has worked out well in their favor.

Agreed

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't forget about the Warriors

Time will tell which team is the Titanic and which is the Iceberg.
oh yah...Warriors are still the overwhelming favorites to get out of the West, but as we saw this year- anything can happen.

You need luck to win a title. 2 years ago the Warriors got lucky, were pretty much injury free and played teams throughout the entire playoffs with serious injury issues. Last year the Cavs were lucky- were mostly healthy, and breezed through a Weak East while resting LeBron and Draymond Green developed a strange fetish for fondling other men on camera....

who knows what happens this year...last year the Clippers had devastatingly bad luck...maybe this is the year they stay healthy- and get a SF in there who overachieves like RJ for the Cavs last year in some big spots- a shot or two goes in when it needs to etc....

no matter how good you are- you need some good fortune to win a title...who knows who will be the benefactor of that good luck this year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon.... you were a Heat fan three years ago. Wiggy was a OKC fan and most of the other "cavs fans" had allegiances to other organisations until lebron came back.

Nothing wrong with that at all. But don't pretend like it was a life long dream to see cleveland win a 'ship.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about myself. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I've always been open about being an "outsider" in terms of Clevelanders and even Cavs fans to some extent.

The fact that its Cleveland's first title in 50 years and the Cavs first title ever of course means more to the people of Ohio than anyone else... but it absolutely adds some weight and significance to the championship even for the rest of us, imo.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3