• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this is low ball.

They wanna pay him less than Tyler Johnson *averaged* ,Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lin, Joe Johnson, Jordan Clarkson, Manu, Rondo, Alen Crabbe?

I know the Cavs have all the leverage.

But, He just helped win a chip and he gets Mo Harkless Money?

The Cavs (they appreciate the all caps, by the way) are waiting for Smith to sign the deal they offered him. Smith is waiting for them to up their offer. The team offered somewhere between $10 million and $11 million, annually, while Smith is looking for more like $15 million annually. Isn’t this fun?
– via Cleveland Plain Dealer

yeah, just give him what he wants. Maybe if they offered a little less 12-14 range he probably would have accepted but going that low in this market just isn't going to work.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 do you think the Wiggins for Love trade was a good one for the cavs' future?

1,000 times YES

images

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 facepalming posts again because he can't come up with a good argument.

Tell me sweetheart, do you think the Wiggins for Love trade was a good one for the cavs' future?

You are so concerned with what I think :laugh3:

First off, it wasn't about the Wiggins comment, even though I think if they had Wiggins right now they wouldn't have a title but that is another topic bc future wise he is the best player for the roster. Love provides spacing for Lebron and Kyrie, Wiggins doesn't.

Saying he is one injury away from the Cavs sucking...While it could be true, why even say it unless you are hoping it. Lebron is always in great shape and prepares his body for a tough, long season, he has fortunately been healthy his whole career. Seems like you are hoping that he does because why even make that comment...which is sad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this is low ball.

They wanna pay him less than Tyler Johnson *averaged* ,Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lin, Joe Johnson, Jordan Clarkson, Manu, Rondo, Alen Crabbe?

I know the Cavs have all the leverage.

But, He just helped win a chip and he gets Mo Harkless Money?

The Cavs (they appreciate the all caps, by the way) are waiting for Smith to sign the deal they offered him. Smith is waiting for them to up their offer. The team offered somewhere between $10 million and $11 million, annually, while Smith is looking for more like $15 million annually. Isn’t this fun?
– via Cleveland Plain Dealer
if he wants 15 and they are offering 11- split the difference at 13....shit- do 2 years 28 or 3 years 39...give him the option.....no 4 year deal- nothing over 14M a year....

TT signed on Oct. 20th last year....i wouldnt think this would go past then- but ya never know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so concerned with what I think :laugh3:

First off, it wasn't about the Wiggins comment, even though I think if they had Wiggins right now they wouldn't have a title but that is another topic bc future wise he is the best player for the roster. Love provides spacing for Lebron and Kyrie, Wiggins doesn't.

Saying he is one injury away from the Cavs sucking...While it could be true, why even say it unless you are hoping it. Lebron is always in great shape and prepares his body for a tough, long season, he has fortunately been healthy his whole career. Seems like you are hoping that he does because why even make that comment...which is sad.
???

i mean- of course the Love for Wiggins trade was not only a good trade- it was a fucking amazing trade. It helped the Cavs win the first title in Cleveland sports since 1964. To frame it anyway except an unmitigated success is ridiculous.

especially considering Wiggins- which we thought would be a good defender right offthe bat- has actually sucked defensively thus far. Love is the best shooting big man in the NBA- and no one has combined rebounding, 3 pt shooting and passing at a level like Love for big men.

Not only that- but he signed a 5 year extension at very very reasonable dollars. UNbelievable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he wants 15 and they are offering 11- split the difference at 13....shit- do 2 years 28 or 3 years 39...give him the option.....no 4 year deal- nothing over 14M a year....

TT signed on Oct. 20th last year....i wouldnt think this would go past then- but ya never know.

Agree.

They are in a position of power in negotiations.

But, no need to alienate the guy.

Cleveland has been great for Smith personally and professionally.

Now it's time to add financially to the equation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

i mean- of course the Love for Wiggins trade was not only a good trade- it was a fucking amazing trade. It helped the Cavs win the first title in Cleveland sports since 1964. To frame it anyway except an unmitigated success is ridiculous.

especially considering Wiggins- which we thought would be a good defender right offthe bat- has actually sucked defensively thus far. Love is the best shooting big man in the NBA- and no one has combined rebounding, 3 pt shooting and passing at a level like Love for big men.

Not only that- but he signed a 5 year extension at very very reasonable dollars. UNbelievable.

Yeah...If they keep Wiggins...they lose spacing (not a very good shooter yet), defense improves a bit, they lose rebounding most likely. Maybe in the future Wiggins can be great but it doesn't matter really. Lebron is only in Cleveland so long so the trade was a success and they have a title. The only thing that matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- 2 years ago the Knicks were trying to get off of JR's option which was 6 million.....Cavs are offering almost double that- and he knows andthe cavs know that hisri se in value has a ton to do with playing with Lebron andwi nninga title.....something that would never have happened in 95% of the rest of the teams in the league.

jr didhi s part- and its impressive that no one not named STeph Curry has made more 3's than JR the last 2 years- but there has to be some kind of logic and reason here----

plus like u said- the cavs have leverage--- they are not going to get bent over a barrell Marceleus Wallace style like the Blazers with turner or the Lakers with Mozgov.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

I agree it was the right move at the time.

But, I also think Wiggins will be the better player, have the better career.

Wiggins plays the same position as LEBron.

So, that made him expendable.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I expected......more? ....from Love.

Maybe he's not as good as I thought...Maybe he is sacrificing for the team.

But, it worked out in the wash.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future ends when LEBron retires.

So, the ends justify the means.

They won.

They also sacrificed their future for the present. A lot of teams have done it in the past and nobody can blame them.

But how many cavs fans will we see in 3 or 4 years time when lebron is nowhere near the player he is now?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody can post any more true facts about the cavs anymore if they're portrait in a negative light?

Give me a break here. :L

btw...your Wiggins comment is way off bc if it isn't about the future, it is about NOW. I see you avoided that though :laugh3: Keep posting bs...it is entertaining

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're saying, but a title positively impacts the future of a franchise a lot. Especially when that franchise has never won a title.

Possibly. But with no cap space for god knows how long, are you really that confident in the teams future once lebron is a non-factor?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also sacrificed their future for the present. A lot of teams have done it in the past and nobody can blame them.

But how many cavs fans will we see in 3 or 4 years time when lebron is nowhere near the player he is now?

image.jpeg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're saying, but a title positively impacts the future of a franchise a lot. Especially when that franchise has never won a title.
Kyrie Irving is 24 and is a rising star. Tristan Thompson is 25, Love is 28....LeBron is 31 and in amazing shape and is being handled exceptionally well by the Cavs--- much more Tim Duncan and the Spurs and not the Lakers and Kobe who didnt have the balls to tell Kobe to rest once in a while.

these Cavs haters will be eating soggy shit sandwiches for the foreseeable future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...your Wiggins comment is way off bc if it isn't about the future, it is about NOW. I see you avoided that though :laugh3: Keep posting bs...it is entertaining

So if in eight months time the Cavs aren't champs anymore, what will your excuse be?