• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Draft

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot like the Burns pick. Physical specimen, high upside, very raw, needs to develop.

I'm assuming they see him as a safety because he was a disaster at cornerback.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vonn. It wasn't meant to be.

We'll always have what could have been though brother.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 round recap.

Burns, CB, MIA...most likely not their 1st choice, but he has the raw materials the Steelers are looking for, length...6'+, size roughly 195-200lbs, 40 speed...4.4...played in a zone scheme...kid has been thru a ton and still standing...the kind of player you can really pull for.

Sean Davis, S, MD...this pick came out of nowhere from all the names we heard tossed around. Forget about his CB experience, he's a SS and only played CB that one season...common trait...length, size, speed...mostly an enforcer against the run and pile driver laying the lumber to WRs in space...will need to get coached up in coverage. Interesting...they left Bell (reportedly a better coverage guy) on the board to take him.

Javon Hargrave, DT, SC St...I don't often get this stuff right, but here's one that I did...I heard through the grapevine that they liked Billings, but liked this kid more and if he was on the board at 89 he would be a Steeler...well, he was and he is. Don't think Hampton though...think a bigger, stronger, McLendon...he will hold the point of attack, but he's also a gapper and can add some pass rush....I expect him to see the field more than any other rookie in this class. Interesting that Billings is still on the board this morning.

Generally speaking...most teams seemed to target needs that fit the scheme and the Steelers were no different. The names might not feel like PIT is winning on draft day, but so far, these are needs they have addressed...I like it.

Now...let's see how they finish this draft off.

DE, OL, ILB, OLB probably has to be on the board.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billings fell to the 4th round??? Holy shit.

Just got back so I'm catching up

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler

Well, we were 3/3 on positions but only 1/3 on prospects. That's pretty damn good actually! I think we are getting better at this!

A few thoughts:

*I need to do more homework on Burns & Davis. Both are relatively unknown to me. Watched a few videos on both. Davis looks like a solid prospect. Really like how fluid he looks in his backpedal. Big hitter so he will endear himself quickly to Steeler Nation.
*Hargraves is going to be a quick study. I really like his potential. Great size, power & speed combo.
*Really like the Hawkins fit. He has tremendous upside but like most people said, he needs a great coach to bring out the best in him. Munchak said he could come in and compete day 1 for either OT position. Pretty excited to hear that.

Just saw that Roberts went to the Pats in the 6th... :mad2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th Rd Pick the Steelers took Travis Feeney out of Washington.

6'4" 230lbs. Pretty small for an OLB? I wonder if they plan on moving him inside?

edit: Just read that he is a converted SS to LB. Sounds exactly like Terrence Garvin.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ATL96Steeler

Well, we were 3/3 on positions but only 1/3 on prospects. That's pretty damn good actually! I think we are getting better at this!

A few thoughts:

*I need to do more homework on Burns & Davis. Both are relatively unknown to me. Watched a few videos on both. Davis looks like a solid prospect. Really like how fluid he looks in his backpedal. Big hitter so he will endear himself quickly to Steeler Nation.
*Hargraves is going to be a quick study. I really like his potential. Great size, power & speed combo.
*Really like the Hawkins fit. He has tremendous upside but like most people said, he needs a great coach to bring out the best in him. Munchak said he could come in and compete day 1 for either OT position. Pretty excited to hear that.

Just saw that Roberts went to the Pats in the 6th... :mad2:

Just got off the course...beat the rain! Stole away early from work on Monday...shot 77...89 today...go figure...crazy game.

Yeah, I did a little research on Burns and Davis earlier this morning...I'm pretty comfortable with both even though they (certainly Davis) seem to come out of thin air...one of the Drafttek guys mocked Burns to PIT so I had at least seen his name connected. That said...just learning the DEF, etc...Cockrell and Golden have a big headstart so I expect both to keep the positions assuming they are healthy.

If you listen to coach Mitch's presser on Hargrave...you will hear what I was told about a week ago. If he comes into camp in shape and ready to go...I think we're going to see him on the DEF early.

The top 4 I like a lot....Hawkins will most likely push Adams to the curb...I don't see Munchak handing him the keys to LT, but those boys better come ready to play.

Maybe Ayers can find snaps on ST as a return guy.

Matakevich sounds like a gritty hard nose type player that might not be the most talented, but he won't be out worked and he's a film study hog.

Both he and Feeney look like ST studs...doubtful either one will get many snaps on DEF anytime soon if they make the 53.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm very confused as to how that happened. They must know something that we don't.

Definitely puzzling to go undrafted...something we missed on him...highest rated S on the board not drafted, but the entire draft was somewhat unpredictable. The only nick on the Steeler draft overall was no QB, or RB was taken, but I guess they feel pretty good about Landry, and it looks like Gradk might be back in the fold.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely puzzling to go undrafted...something we missed on him...highest rated S on the board not drafted, but the entire draft was somewhat unpredictable. The only nick on the Steeler draft overall was no QB, or RB was taken, but I guess they feel pretty good about Landry, and it looks like Gradk might be back in the fold.

From what I understand on Cash is that teams really didn't like his upside. He had just enough athleticism to do well in college but they thought his limitations would really hinder his ability to be an impact player at the next level. The biggest for him they worried about him in coverage. With this being a passing league we saw lots of players that struggle in the passing game like Billings fall down the board because they were not considered guys who could disrupt the passing game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand on Cash is that teams really didn't like his upside. He had just enough athleticism to do well in college but they thought his limitations would really hinder his ability to be an impact player at the next level. The biggest for him they worried about him in coverage. With this being a passing league we saw lots of players that struggle in the passing game like Billings fall down the board because they were not considered guys who could disrupt the passing game.

Maybe...several teams seem to be looking for a in the box S...right now, Neal is projected to be that in ATL...Steelers also left a better coverage S on the board...Bell to take a more physical guy in Davis...I did get a little bit of the skinny on Billings. PIT did like him, but like you mentioned felt he might not be a 3 down player nearly as fast as Hargrave, if at all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...several teams seem to be looking for a in the box S...right now, Neal is projected to be that in ATL...Steelers also left a better coverage S on the board...Bell to take a more physical guy in Davis...I did get a little bit of the skinny on Billings. PIT did like him, but like you mentioned felt he might not be a 3 down player nearly as fast as Hargrave, if at all.

From what I understand Cash received the most calls of any UDFA so obviously there was interest in him. He has value just maybe not as much as some of thought he would have. Something obviously scared teams off as not often a 2nd round guy by most analyst goes undrafted unless there are huge character concerns, huge injury issues, or something in their game just really scares them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Cash received the most calls of any UDFA so obviously there was interest in him. He has value just maybe not as much as some of thought he would have. Something obviously scared teams off as not often a 2nd round guy by most analyst goes undrafted unless there are huge character concerns, huge injury issues, or something in their game just really scares them.

Yep...huge fall, I want to say he did have some type of surgery but not aware of any serious character issues...fitting he's fielding the most calls...he'll have a home, but something we don't know about was in play to drop out of the draft completely.