• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Draft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just saw Mayock mock Apple to us with WJ3 still on the board.

I have a sneaking feeling that the pick is either Joseph or Bell at safety.

With all the scheme concerns Apple supposedly presents...I would be surprised to see them leave WJ3 on the board for Apple.

I'm still up in the air on where I think they will go...the two safeties you mentioned have crept up into the conversation at 25...I do know that Billings is one of their top prospects...if he or another DT with pass rush capabilities is there I have to think they would strongly consider him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the scheme concerns Apple supposedly presents...I would be surprised to see them leave WJ3 on the board for Apple.

I'm still up in the air on where I think they will go...the two safeties you mentioned have crept up into the conversation at 25...I do know that Billings is one of their top prospects...if he or another DT with pass rush capabilities is there I have to think they would strongly consider him.

I have heard Mackensie Alexander.

But as we have all seen every year, Pittsburgh does not go after needs in the first round. @FaCe-LeE-uS and @MISKO can attest, every year the first round can never be predicted with us for the simple fact they can and will pick up the best guy on the board at the time of their pick.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Billings is a top talent, Strong Safety and Corner is more of a concern for a starter than anywhere else on the team. We all know the Steelers have long put a frustratingly strong emphasis on Safety over Corner. This year, that may be a good thing as I am becoming increasingly convinced that Joseph will be the long-term better prospect over one of the possibly available corners like Jackson or Alexander.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of with you SB. I really like Joseph. Love the cover skills of Bell but we usually require our safeties to be capable at the LOS and that really isn't Bell's forte.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard Mackensie Alexander.

But as we have all seen every year, Pittsburgh does not go after needs in the first round. @FaCe-LeE-uS and @MISKO can attest, every year the first round can never be predicted with us for the simple fact they can and will pick up the best guy on the board at the time of their pick.

Alexander...eehh...I wouldn't be disappointed with him, but I question whether he will be BPA.

I tend to believe they went BPA the last two years, but I do think they would've taken Kyle Fuller in '14...and a lot of people felt they wanted Peters in '15 so it largely depends on how the board looks at the time...Jarvis Jones was a need pick imo

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of their 1st round picks are need picks. They don't go BPA in the 1st at all, IMO.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the impression I get as well.

And I'm a BPA guy myself unless you are talking quarterback and have an established stud. So I really don't want to see them reach for a need. Shit changes quick in the NFL. Your strength is a weakness two years down the line. What you need most out of the first is a hit. I really think though with the corners and safeties on the board when they draft the two might line up more than usual.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Billings is a top talent, Strong Safety and Corner is more of a concern for a starter than anywhere else on the team. We all know the Steelers have long put a frustratingly strong emphasis on Safety over Corner. This year, that may be a good thing as I am becoming increasingly convinced that Joseph will be the long-term better prospect over one of the possibly available corners like Jackson or Alexander.
A few of us have been talking about this since January, but the reality is there is really only a handful of players in the secondary that are worth a 1st round grade (Ramsey, Hargreaves, WJ3, maybe Apple/Alexander). If those players are gone then I have no doubt that a D-lineman would be taken. I'd be willing to bet that they would take Billings over any safety that would be on the board at 25. But if Billings is gone, then I could see Joseph being taken.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright @ATL96Steeler its time to submit our yearly top 5's for each round! Let's see how we do this year! :plotting:

Anyone else interested, feel free to join us. Every year we submit a top 5 targets list for each round. Its just for fun! Feel free to throw in bets if you want.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my top 5 for the 1st Rd! :hope:

1. WJ3, CB - Houston
2. Billings, DT - Baylor
3. Reed, DT - Alabama
4. Apple, CB - Ohio St.
5. Joseph, FS - WVU

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph
Billings
WJ3
Alexander
A. Robinson

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Damn...you took all mine!

LOL...here we go, 4 of the 5 are the same...order a little different.

1. Billings, DT, Baylor...everyone says this guy is a 3 dwn player...if he's there, PIT will go there.
2. WJ3, CB, HOU...the talking heads think Apple may have more upside. I think WJ3 fits the zone scheme better
3. Reed, DT, Bama...imo he can play traditional NT, but versatile enough to move out to DE
4. Joesph, S, WVU...kind of following the clues on him...they met twice with this player
5. Spence, OLB, E. KY...this guy is dropping apparently...imo ATL should be all over him, but can Colbert leave this kind of edge rusher on the board...

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. KARL JOSEPH
2. WILLIAM JACKSON III
3. A'SHAWN ROBINSON
4. ANDREW BILLINGS
5. ELI APPLE
6. VONN BELL

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, NY.:10:

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Burns there. Thoughts on the pick?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking buzzkill. A "project" at 25?? Artie Burns?? Hey Colbert, are you fucking drunk on the job tonight or something? Huffing gas?

What a fucking joke. I am embarrassed for the Rooneys

old1r1sh

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking buzzkill. A "project" at 25?? Artie Burns?? Hey Colbert, are you fucking drunk on the job tonight or something? Huffing gas?

What a fucking joke. I am embarrassed for the Rooneys
Artie Burns is a good kid with a lot of talent. You're gonna get 100% from this kid. It's hardly the biggest reach of the 1st round.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't know how to be excited about Artie Burns... I hope I'm wrong but that was a bad reach in the 1st round. They could have traded back and got Artie Burns if that was really the guy they wanted. This looks like a panic move to me.

No matter which way you cut this, this pick has bad value. Burns will MAYBE have a shot at challenging Cockrell for the starting position, but will likely only be a rotational player. I have no clue why they passed on Robinson, Billings & Reed who would have all been year 1 starters. Even if they were only on the field for 30% of the time it will still have a better impact than what they will get from Artie Burns.

I really do hope that I'm wrong.

old1r1sh

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't know how to be excited about Artie Burns... I hope I'm wrong but that was a bad reach in the 1st round. They could have traded back and got Artie Burns if that was really the guy they wanted. This looks like a panic move to me.

No matter which way you cut this, this pick has bad value. Burns will MAYBE have a shot at challenging Cockrell for the starting position, but will likely only be a rotational player. I have no clue why they passed on Robinson, Billings & Reed who would have all been year 1 starters. Even if they were only on the field for 30% of the time it will still have a better impact than what they will get from Artie Burns.

I really do hope that I'm wrong.
I relate this back to the Mean Joe pick. I don't need to be excited about the pick, I need him to perform.

Also, fans have been asking for the Steelers to pick a CB early for a really long time. I think Burns' value was best suited for the early 2nd round. I don't think this is the biggest reach of the 1st round, and I think he could prove everyone wrong. It isn't sexy, but the Steelers have never drafted sexy.