• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Draft

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know we traded some picks away. But unless we sign say a brian hoyer,

why not trade the rams a 6-7 for foles, they already took his cap hit.......
I wouldn't trade a draft pick for Foles, but if the Rams cut him and we could sign him fairly cheaply then I'd be on board with picking him up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both guys as upgrades over Landry, 6th is a comp...if a 7th can work for Foles, I'd do it, but would rather Hoyer cheaper than his last deal and keep both.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted in the other thread, but my guess is that a few extensions are underway (DeCastro & Timmons) which should free up about $10mil in cap room. Combine that with the $3-5mil they already have, they could have the payload to sign a big name. Colbert probably called to see how much he wanted. Doubt it would happen though. That would put the team in a bind when trying to extend AB & Bell next offseason. Norman wants all of $16-17mil.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers are linked mostly because he's a zone scheme fit, and obviously they need a CB, but he reportedly was offered in the $10-$11m per by CAR and he wants $15-16m per.

There are man tendencies in terms of coverage in your zone, and he's good at it, but you're not asked to do what a man all over the field CB is asked to do...no way would I pay him $15-16...WAS will be silly to do that.

He played in front of arguably the best front 7 in the game...then he's on every media outlet he could find talking about how he's worth this much, etc...and the Panthers FO said...we don't operate like that and said see ya.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting...I think the top 3 will be off the board long before 25...starting to look like Billings and WJ3 will be gone...if Joesph is the pick...it does make sense to move back and collect maybe a extra 3rd.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding my breath for Apple. I know it aint gonna happen. But I'm going to turn blue in protest anyway.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have WJ3.
I wouldn't say no if he were the pick but he's just not as aggressive or as strong as I like. I think he'll end up getting pushed around a bit on the perimeter. Not that Apple is lights out in those categories either, but I do like him a little more.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say no if he were the pick but he's just not as aggressive or as strong as I like. I think he'll end up getting pushed around a bit on the perimeter. Not that Apple is lights out in those categories either, but I do like him a little more.
We have the exact opposite views on these 2 lol. Many people are predicting Eli Apple, but I'm not convinced. He's certainly a good player & boasts great athleticism (as evidence of his great combine), but he's not as polished as WJ3. Apple chose to come out early and I think he's a little overrated. He'll be good at the next level, but he will need time to groom. Not to mention WJ3 is the better zone scheme fit. Apple does not belong in a zone scheme, or at least he doesn't come from the same system. Doesn't mean he can't learn it, just would take time. If WJ3 isn't available then I would suspect they wouldn't have a problem taking Apple. I'd certainly take him over Alexander, but it's close.

Not trying to make Apple out to be a bad player by any means. But choosing a CB that needs around 2 years of development, in a bad-fit system that hasn’t developed a DB in a decade or so.... AND in a draft filled with defensive talent just seems like one of the worst ideas to me. But like I said, I could understand them taking him if all the guys they wanted weren't there. He's got enough upside to make him a worthy BPA candidate at 25 overall.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the exact opposite views on these 2 lol. Many people are predicting Eli Apple, but I'm not convinced. He's certainly a good player & boasts great athleticism (as evidence of his great combine), but he's not as polished as WJ3. Apple chose to come out early and I think he's a little overrated. He'll be good at the next level, but he will need time to groom. Not to mention WJ3 is the better zone scheme fit. Apple does not belong in a zone scheme, or at least he doesn't come from the same system. Doesn't mean he can't learn it, just would take time. If WJ3 isn't available then I would suspect they wouldn't have a problem taking Apple. I'd certainly take him over Alexander, but it's close.

JMHO...I wish I knew enough to have a preference, but I think they will take Apple, or WJ3 at 25...aside from them, I don't expect a CB at 25.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMHO...I wish I knew enough to have a preference, but I think they will take Apple, or WJ3 at 25...aside from them, I don't expect a CB at 25.
The only situation I wouldn't know what to expect is if Billings & WJ3/Apple are available at 25. Not a likely scenario, but just for conversation's sake.

Billings is an instant starter, whereas both CB's would be viewed as competition. I'm sure Tomlin would even call Billings competition, but that's just a coach motivating his players. Even a blind kid would know the difference. That would make you think Billings without question, right? Not sure when you think about the 30% of snaps for NT/DT. Unless they envisioned a change to their schemes? Hard to say. But I guarantee Butler is going to be all over that draft room Thursday like a child at a candy store.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not trying to make Apple out to be a bad player by any means. But choosing a CB that needs around 2 years of development, in a bad-fit system that hasn’t developed a DB in a decade or so.... AND in a draft filled with defensive talent just seems like one of the worst ideas to me. But like I said, I could understand them taking him if all the guys they wanted weren't there. He's got enough upside to make him a worthy BPA candidate at 25 overall.
The scheme fit for Apple concerns me as well I'm just of the opinion that he could do it if asked. I'll have to look at WJ3 more. Not an Alexander fan at all. We spent too much time without playmakers on that side of the ball and he just doesn't flip the field.