• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda like Exum's game as a compliment to Russells though- especially since they both have enough size to switch- one guy brings a little more athleticism and defense while the other brings more offense and floor spreading.

as high as exum was rated, considering he missed substantial time with an injury- i wouldnt write him off just yet.

Exum is still only 21 years old. Being a star? thats not gonna happen- but being a pretty good player is still definitely on the table.

True and as you know, I have complained about the Lakers perimeter defense all season long and it's why I don't put too much blame on Mozgov not performing as well as the Lakers hoped (at least defensively).

If the Lakers were able to play the Jazz and Wizards (and anyone else who may be interested) then maybe they can get both Exum and the pick (although I doubt it).

Given the choice, I think I'd still take the pick though because if nothing else, it might be able to packaged in a trade with a young asset to bring in a better young player?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you ever hear of Kyrie Irving?

i wouldnt trade Kyrie for any combination of 5 players/picks the Heat have. If you literally told me- take any 5 players off the Heat for Kyrie- i would say- forget about it.

I dont think the Heat have the worst collection of talent in the league- but its right there behind the Nets and Magic and Kings.

Pretty impressive that -25% of their cap they've won 14/16 then??

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wouldnt trade Kyrie for any combination of 5 players/picks the Heat have. If you literally told me- take any 5 players off the Heat for Kyrie- i would say- forget about it.

I dont think the Heat have the worst collection of talent in the league- but its right there behind the Nets and Magic and Kings.
Kyrie Irving without LeBron brought you guys to two straight number 1 overall picks, congrats LMFAO

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie as best player = Blazers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and as you know, I have complained about the Lakers perimeter defense all season long and it's why I don't put too much blame on Mozgov not performing as well as the Lakers hoped (at least defensively).

If the Lakers were able to play the Jazz and Wizards (and anyone else who may be interested) then maybe they can get both Exum and the pick (although I doubt it).

Given the choice, I think I'd still take the pick though because if nothing else, it might be able to packaged in a trade with a young asset to bring in a better young player?
id agree wit hthat- plus- you will have to make a decision on exum sometime soon.

imagine you trade for him- he gets ample playing time and drives up his price- then you have a decision to make- he has to be eligible for restricted free agency relatively soon...next summer? or maybe the one after....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie as best player = Blazers.
thats true-

its why you do what the Cavs did- what the Sixers are doing....you are bad 3-4 years in a row...get a ton of assets and extra picks and sort out what you had

if James never came back to Cleveland- the Cavs would have Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, about 5 extra first rounders to wheel and deal with, and tons of cap room.

I have LOVED this era of Cavs basketball- and winning a championship with The Chosen One-

but if in the future you asked me to sign up to watch a couple guys like Kyrie and Wiggins with a boatload of young players and picks and cap room to support them? sign me up.

the heat have ZERO means of adding a guy like a Wiggins or Kyrie.

Sixers had plenty of swing and misses--- Okafor, Noel.....but with Embiid, Simmons, Saric- it looks like they will have an amazing core.

the Heat dont have the means of adding an Embiid or Simmons

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id agree wit hthat- plus- you will have to make a decision on exum sometime soon.

imagine you trade for him- he gets ample playing time and drives up his price- then you have a decision to make- he has to be eligible for restricted free agency relatively soon...next summer? or maybe the one after....

Looks like he's an RFA after next season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true-

its why you do what the Cavs did- what the Sixers are doing....you are bad 3-4 years in a row...get a ton of assets and extra picks and sort out what you had

if James never came back to Cleveland- the Cavs would have Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, about 5 extra first rounders to wheel and deal with, and tons of cap room.

I have LOVED this era of Cavs basketball- and winning a championship with The Chosen One-

but if in the future you asked me to sign up to watch a couple guys like Kyrie and Wiggins with a boatload of young players and picks and cap room to support them? sign me up.

the heat have ZERO means of adding a guy like a Wiggins or Kyrie.

Sixers had plenty of swing and misses--- Okafor, Noel.....but with Embiid, Simmons, Saric- it looks like they will have an amazing core.

the Heat dont have the means of adding an Embiid or Simmons

Lots of teams have plenty of swings and misses, and Heat always seems to find a way to field a competitive roster.
I'll let you predict your gloom and doom, and I'll continue to trust Riley while also putting into perspective that its entertainment to me and nothing that is changing my life.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"you ever hear of Kyrie Irving?"

Yep. He's been in the news.
Isn't he the moron who thinks the earth is flat?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams have plenty of swings and misses, and Heat always seems to find a way to field a competitive roster.
I'll let you predict your gloom and doom, and I'll continue to trust Riley while also putting into perspective that its entertainment to me and nothing that is changing my life.
cool...and i will keep on enjoying the Cavs playing great ball and going deep in the playoffs with The King.

3 games against the Heat for the Cavs. should be fun!

id LOVE it if it were 4 more games on top of those 3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy obsession with the Heat is pretty sick. Would be nice to open this thread one day and not see this guy talking about the Heat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool...and i will keep on enjoying the Cavs playing great ball and going deep in the playoffs with The King.

And that's why your user name is WiggyRuss
Can tell you're an avid Cavs fan.:L

The Miami games in Miami should be fun, but I think the 2nd one is like 2nd last game of the year.
James prob sits.

You think James finally wins one here?
He hasn't yet.

I'm guessing they honestly really take their first game here very seriously.
If he happened to lose again it would be pretty embarrassing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy obsession with the Heat is pretty sick. Would be nice to open this thread one day and not see this guy talking about the Heat.

Who cares?
Shows how pathetic he is.

Can you imagine Heat fans talking Cavs when James was here?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cavs fans are owed some success.
Look how long they sucked, and those days aren't that far away from returning.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take the pick as well. If the Lakers keep their high lottery pick, they could be in position to get Lonzo Ball (although my more realistic target for this roster would be Josh Jackson). Either way, Exum is likely depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.