• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your beer of choice for St. Patty's Day? I quit drinking almost nearly 6 years ago but I did stop by my dispensary after work yesterday & picked up some nice green buds. Just waiting for my vaporizer to charge up & I'll have cottonmouth in no time.

Guinness

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W-L record is a lazy judge of that and one that I've only ever seen applied to the Cavs. Do we even know how other teams/players fare when their best player rests??

I disagree. The point of playing the games is to win. So, the W-L is the only thing that matters. I'd be willing to bet that there are records kept of how, for example, the Lakers W-L with Kobe, but no Shaq among others.

I know that it's been used when teams go on a run with a star player out and people start making comments like "Maybe they're better off without him?" The Clippers during Blake Griffin's annual month or 2 on the injury list for the past few seasons is the most recent example.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your beer of choice for St. Patty's Day? I quit drinking almost nearly 6 years ago but I did stop by my dispensary after work yesterday & picked up some nice green buds. Just waiting for my vaporizer to charge up & I'll have cottonmouth in no time.

I'm also stopping at the collective on my way home. It's free 1/8th Friday. :yes:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The point of playing the games is to win. So, the W-L is the only thing that matters. I'd be willing to bet that there are records kept of how, for example, the Lakers W-L with Kobe, but no Shaq among others.

I know that it's been used when teams go on a run with a star player out and people start making comments like "Maybe they're better off without him?" The Clippers during Blake Griffin's annual month or 2 on the injury list for the past few seasons is the most recent example.

I'm gonna look up all the stats on the games LeBron has missed the last 3 years. Who else was resting? Was the game at home? What was the record of the other team? What were Kyrie's stats in those games? Was it a b2b game? What even IS the actual record at this point, and how many games exactly are we talking about.

That will paint a much clearer picture, in my opinion. And if I'm wrong, and there's something signifigant there, I will own up to it and stop pushing back.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guinness is great, it can pretty expensive if you are just buying some to drink at the house though, a fucking 4 pack cost about $10 here, and like last night, I killed 22 beers, 4 beers ain't gong to do jack shit to me, so to get a good buzz off of Guinness I'm looking at dropping $30.

That irish pub near my old HS though sells pints relatively cheap, especially compared to most bars, tonight pints of Guinness are only about $3 piece, which is a great deal for draft Guinness.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W-L record is a lazy judge of that and one that I've only ever seen applied to the Cavs. Do we even know how other teams/players fare when their best player rests??
yah--- did Curry all of a sudden forget how to play because they have sucked without durant lately?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna look up all the stats on the games LeBron has missed the last 3 years. Who else was resting? Was the game at home? What was the record of the other team? What were Kyrie's stats in those games? Was it a b2b game? What even IS the actual record at this point, and how many games exactly are we talking about.

That will paint a much clearer picture, in my opinion. And if I'm wrong, and there's something signifigant there, I will own up to it and stop pushing back.
yah...exactly- the back to abck thing is the exact thing

LeBron usually rests the 2nd night of back to backs- usually on the road.

Those are games people call "schedule losses" for a reason. Now take LeBron off in a game that is already a "schedule loss"- and its only common sense- combine that with other guys resting as well- and you get to a baseline pretty quickly

its just common sense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lindemanslambickframboise__19723.1349464207.1280.1280.jpg

I despise most beers. But, this shit is yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmy!

They have it on tap at the Yardhouse.

Or, you can buy it by the bottle at Trader Joes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...exactly- the back to abck thing is the exact thing

LeBron usually rests the 2nd night of back to backs- usually on the road.

Those are games people call "schedule losses" for a reason. Now take LeBron off in a game that is already a "schedule loss"- and its only common sense- combine that with other guys resting as well- and you get to a baseline pretty quickly

its just common sense.

Damn dude you're an encyclopedia of NBA knowledge.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see the Warriors get back on track a bit last night. But here's the thing. A day or two ago I posted on what adjustments I thought needed to be made. The biggest one was that the Warriors needed to use the pick and roll more with Curry and put the ball in his hands. Well guess what, they did just that.

Not only that but they ran weakside pick and rolls after Curry drew a defender then swung the ball. It opened up the entire court and the team was playing with a flow that I have not seen in weeks. I'm hoping this is an upward trend because the Warriors roster is more suited to play in a pick and roll offense, than a motion offense at this time. Also it'll help for the playoffs when things bog down and the Warriors need to get something going offensively.

Now I'm not reading too much into it because they were playing the Magic, but the flexibility to change and adapt is what is promising to me.

Reactions: LAD

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Beer, never drink the stuff. To me it's rum, whiskey or vodka. Yeah the Warriors played good last night but it was vs. the Magic so I wouldn't get overly excited just yet.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't ever going to feel bad for a dude that gets to fuck Gabby Union, just ain't going to happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah--- did Curry all of a sudden forget how to play because they have sucked without durant lately?

Maybe some day you'll learn to understand the difference between forgetting how to play vs getting many much easier looks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see the Warriors get back on track a bit last night. But here's the thing. A day or two ago I posted on what adjustments I thought needed to be made. The biggest one was that the Warriors needed to use the pick and roll more with Curry and put the ball in his hands. Well guess what, they did just that.

Not only that but they ran weakside pick and rolls after Curry drew a defender then swung the ball. It opened up the entire court and the team was playing with a flow that I have not seen in weeks. I'm hoping this is an upward trend because the Warriors roster is more suited to play in a pick and roll offense, than a motion offense at this time. Also it'll help for the playoffs when things bog down and the Warriors need to get something going offensively.

Now I'm not reading too much into it because they were playing the Magic, but the flexibility to change and adapt is what is promising to me.

Make sure they do the same thing tomorrow night. Miami could really use a Dubs win vs the Bucks because I damn well know the Lakers won't provide any assistance tonight.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, its just not enough of a sample size to mean much, imo... especially when the vast majority of those games inlcude other signifignat players resting and/or away games on the 2nd night of a back to back.
LOL I'm sure....even though it shows lack of improvement as an individual LEADER when we put his past seasons together with the more recent games without LBJ. Trust me, that isn't coincidental.

Here's another example. RW doesn't have a big 3 in OKC yet he's lead his team to the 6th seed thus far in the WC. Yet you don't think Kyrie's inability to produce a winning record with just a handful of games without LBJ should reflect negatively on Kyrie as an individual leader? What that tells me is he's a great #2 but not capable of being a #1 that can win enough games to matter.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure they do the same thing tomorrow night. Miami could really use a Dubs win vs the Bucks because I damn well know the Lakers won't provide any assistance tonight.

Bucks have traditionally been a real trouble opponent for the Warriors in the past few years. It's going to be a tough game even if the Warriors are clicking. The Bucks have so many long athletes that they can throw at you that really disrupt the flow on the perimeter. I think Draymond will probably be exclusively on Giannis all game, so I think it'll mostly come down to bench production.

But I'm optimistic they'll be able to build on last night's game.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Makes perfect sense to me, but to each his own.

I'm not just talking about Kyrie and Bron.

Give me the record of literally any player when their the best player on their team sits out for rest and I really won't care. It won't mean anything to me. I just don't see how it could.
Well it's relative in this forum because we're constantly told how great Kyrie is- even to the point where he's been elevated above other PGs in the league who have more accolades- team and/or individual in some cases.

It's hard to gauge his greatness when he has LBJ doing all of the heavy lifting. But when he's out there without LBJ and as the team's leader & he has a losing record I think that pretty much clears things up for most people- non Cavs fans at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.