• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be convinced of that at all. Which is fine, I guess that's the difference. Just because they won a few more games without LeBron wouldn't prove much to me about Kyrie as a player.
Well that's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about his ability to LEAD his team to wins.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so, if a person doesn't trust the w/l stat. At the end of the day, when the playoff seeding is coming to form wins & losses are all that's looked at. They don't evaluate each game & break down any particular circumstances as to how the result came about.

So, for you to try to do that now means very little. We want to know can he step in as a leader on a temporary basis-and right now that answer is NO.

Well it becomes more trustworthy with more games for sure. 82 games vs 5 is a big difference.

At the end of the day, this isn't a hill I care enough about to die on. Whether Kyrie is capable of being a star without LeBron doesn't matter to me or the Cavs - at least not in the short term.

Whether he can "step in as a leader on a temporary basis" is also unimportant to me. I think we would all agree that the Cavs would have no shot without LeBron this season. What really matters is how Kyrie performs alongside LeBron, not without him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is just one big regurgitation every single day.
giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the numbers on the Cavs without LeBron in the last 2 seasons.
  • Cavs are 1-10 when LeBron doesn't play.
  • 7 of the 11 games were away games on the 2nd night of a back to back.
  • In 6 of 11 games, Love and/or Kyrie was also not available.
  • In 8 of the 11 games at least 1 starter in addition to LeBron was unavailable for the game.
  • None of the opponents were bad teams, but most of them were mediocre teams. (The worst opponent, record wise, was the most recent one, in which the Heat entered with a 28-34 record).

Its not a very positive stat for the rest of the Cavs players... but its also not a very trustworthy sample of games.

When LeBron is the only starter missing... the only ammo you're left with is 3 losses to the Pacers, Rockets, & Wizards, 2 of them coming in a b2b road games. How do you honestly think other teams would do in those 3 games without their best player?
this is way too much factual information. You actually expect people to read this and take a common sense approach?

headlines are what people understand. An actual nuanced argument backed up by pertinent facts? pshhh, cmon you know better than that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it becomes more trustworthy with more games for sure. 82 games vs 5 is a big difference.

At the end of the day, this isn't a hill I care enough about to die on. Whether Kyrie is capable of being a star without LeBron doesn't matter to me or the Cavs - at least not in the short term.

Whether he can "step in as a leader on a temporary basis" is also unimportant to me. I think we would all agree that the Cavs would have no shot without LeBron this season. What really matters is how Kyrie performs alongside LeBron, not without him.
dude- such a well-crafted and great sentence/thought. I give you an A+ and rule in favor of Mr. Gordontrue on all counts. Case dismissed.

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fair enough- but for me to get on board the Kyrie is the best PG in the league train he will have to at least have a winning record in a few games without help from LBJ. And for the record- I think it would be much easier to do that vs. winning the entire season with LBJ.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair enough- but for me to get on board the Kyrie is the best PG in the league train he will have to at least have a winning record in a few games without help from LBJ. And for the record- I think it would be much easier to do that vs. winning the entire season with LBJ.
i dunno anyone that said Kyrie is the best PG in the league.....you know anyone that said that?

now top 5? NO DOUBT BABY!!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWW!!!!!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno anyone that said Kyrie is the best PG in the league.....you know anyone that said that?

I'm not even about to play this game with you today. Gordon & I were having a nice conversation so stay out of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you can say no doubt.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen played after MJ retired- and he wasn't a great #1.

In the first year without MJ, Scottie led the Bulls to 55 wins (many more than Thunder will get with Russ) while scoring 22 ppg. Horace G, BJ Armstrong, P. Myers and S Kerr were the next high scorers.

I think that is a pretty good #1.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie is the most unintelligent PG in the league, hands down, DO DOUBT BAYYYYYYBAYYYYYYYY

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first year without MJ, Scottie led the Bulls to 55 wins (many more than Thunder will get with Russ) while scoring 22 ppg. Horace G, BJ Armstrong, P. Myers and S Kerr were the next high scorers.

I think that is a pretty good #1.
I can agree that's pretty good. But great?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is way too much factual information. You actually expect people to read this and take a common sense approach?

headlines are what people understand. An actual nuanced argument backed up by pertinent facts? pshhh, cmon you know better than that.

The irony

Status
Not open for further replies.